bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lake of Fire  (Read 5982 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Lake of Fire
« on: September 06, 2006, 09:43:35 AM »

I have a question that has been bothering me because if i'm to believe what you teach then I can not possibly find an answer. I try hard to believe what you teach about hell and the lake of fire and I mostly do. But in the back of my mind I just can't help to think that the lake of fire is real torment for eternity when I read certain verses.

Anyways, my question is this.

If Jesus would not have died on the cross, what would have happened to humanity after the judgment?

Annihalated? According to you....no.
Burned forever? According to you....no.
In heaven? According to the bible....no.

If Jesus did not die for us, then there would be no salvation at all right?

According to the bible the all the unsaved will be tossed into the lake of fire.
And if Jesus would not have died, none would be saved resulting in all being tossed in the lake of fire right?

But according to you the lake of fire is ,a purifying lake of judgment/chastisement which is able to bring the lost to salvation over the ages BECAUSE of christs death.

But if Christ would not have died for us, then that would leave out the saving part of the lake of fire  only leaving the judgment/chastisment part.

Please help me here Ray because I can not understand this for the life of me if I am to believe that all are saved.

Thanks, Mike.

Dear Mike:
I don't like to play "let's suppose" or "what if" with the Truths of God.  What if Christ had not lived a sinless life, then would the Son of God also be tortured eternally in a lake of fire?

If there never was a Christ to die for mankind and the sins of the world, then when all sinners die, they would REMAIN DEAD!  Seeing that "the wages of sin is DEATH" (Rom. 6:23), NOT "eternal torture in a lake of fire."

But the Truth is that God does not desire that any shall be annihilated OR be tortured eternally in fire.  That is why Jesus DID live a sinless life and die for mankind, and in Judgment all manking WILL be taught righteousness and godliness.

God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.