bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God chooses His favorites!  (Read 6234 times)

Kat

God chooses His favorites!
« on: September 11, 2006, 11:36:12 AM »

This is taken from the notes Ray handed out at the conference

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[No one will enter God's Kingdom unless he "does the WILL of the Father," yet only the Chosen Elect know what it is]

Many are called:  Gk: kletos--- invited, appointed to be saints; an invitation to sanctification and sainthood.

Few are chosen:  Gk: eklektos---select, chosen, favorite, elect.

God chooses His FAVORITES out from among the called.

Now then:  When God chooses His favorites from the called, how are they to live?  By the "WILL OF GOD."  We saw examples of what that will is:  Living sacrifice, come out of the world, have mind of Christ, etc.  But how is it that we really do and accomplish all of those things?

By the ONE Whom has already done and accomplished the "WILL of the Father"---Jesus Christ, The Father's ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.

But Jesus didn't need to be spiritually converted or regenerated.  But He did have to live a life of growing in obedience and wisdom just as we do, only He without sin and always DOING THE WILL OF HIS FATHER PERFECTLY AND FLAWLESSLY TO ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!

Matt. 11:27---Only Christ can reveal His Father's will.
John 14:9-10---Jesus and His Father are alike/They are ONE (10:30)
Matt. 26:39---Always God's will and not ours.
Luke 11:2---Always pray "the FATHER'S will be done."
John 5:20-21 & 30---All Christ has is from the Father to do His will.
John 6: 37-40---Jesus will not loose even one chosen elect.
John 6:44---Each of us is a HAND-PICKED FAVORITE!
John 17: 4---Jesus did EVERYTHING that His Father willed Him to do.

Peter knew what is needed for true conversion: "For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow His steps: Who did not sin, neither was guile found in His mouth: Who, when He was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not; but committed Himself to HIM [His Father's will] that judges righteously...." (ll Pet. 2:21-25).

John 12:26---"If any man serve Me [Jesus Christ] let him follow Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be: if any man serve Me him will My Father HONOR [prize, value, revere, and honour]."  See Rev. 21:7...do Father's will: become Father's SON!

THE FATHER'S WILL IN OUR LIVES:

To be humbled by an experience of EVIL (Ecc. 1:13)
To be BORN AGAIN AS ONE into the Kingdom and Family of God
To be made and fashioned into the VERY IMAGE OF GOD HIMSELF
To be intent that God may be "ALL in ALL" (1 Cor. 15:28).

A STERN WARNING:  "Not every one that says unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of My Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 7:21).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

TRUTHSEEKER

Re: God chooses His favorites!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 07:25:02 PM »

This is really good teaching.  Thanks for putting these notes in the forum  kat.

hart4god

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 09:26:31 PM »

Hi,

this does present quite a dilemma for me; and not because I dispute that what you have posted is Truth.

But, for the rest of us- unchosen, not favorites, maybe even knowing that a dip in the LAKE is our destiny- how then should we live?
Are we, the teeming masses, scorned for what God has chosen us to be?

for I cannot attain what I am not given- I cannot get it on my own. and if what I am given is to not be of the elect, the chosen, etc....

it can cause a drift into hopelessness.
for I presume not that I am anything at all.

yet I do like reading all your posts.

judie h.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 09:37:55 PM »

Hi judie,

Why do you think you are not chosen?
Are not your eyes being opened, as you say what is posted is Truth.
Don't give up before you have even started  :)

Rom 15:13  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 09:57:26 PM »

Hi Judie,

If you have a love for His Word, it is very safe to assume you are being called to Him
. ;)

2Th 2:14  Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Pe 5:10  But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you.

Isa 57:15  For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

He brings us to place where our spirit is humbled so He can begin His work in us.

Jam 4:6  But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

1Pe 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

We "run the race" and "endure to the end" in the hope we are one of His chosen, I do not believe anyone here will tell you that they are "saved" I know I won't, but it is my hope.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

SandyFla

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 12:46:49 PM »

I think the word "favorite" is a bit misleading.

Acts 10:34-35 - "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, 'Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.' "

While God has the right to choose and use whoever He sees fit, I don't think He loves any one person more than another.

But then ... what about Romans 9:13 - "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated"?
     "Loved" is agapaō (ag-ap-ah'-o): Perhaps from ἄγαν agan (much; or compare [H5689]); to love (in a social or moral sense): - (be-) love (-ed).
     "Hated" is miseō (mis-eh'-o): From a primary word μῖσος misos (hatred); to detest (especially to persecute); by extension to love less: - hate (-ful).

Man, I hate it when I get to arguing with myself! LOL!

Sandy

Kat

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 03:24:42 PM »

Hi Sandy,

Mat 20:16  So the last shall be first, and the first last, for many are called, but few are chosen.

This is from Strong's Greek dictionary:

chosen
G1588
ἐκλεκτός
eklektos
ek-lek-tos'
From G1586; select; by implication favorite: - chosen, elect.

From Webster's

Chosen
CHOSEN, pp.

1. Selected from a number; picked out; taken in preference; elected; predestinated; designated to office.

2. Select; distinguished by preference; eminent.

Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood. 1 Pet 2.

Favorite
FA'VORITE, n.

A person or thing regarded with peculiar favor, preference and affection; one greatly beloved. Select favorites from among the discrete and the virtuous.

FA'VORITE, a. Regarded with particular kindness, affection, esteem or preference; as a favorite walk; a favorite author; a favorite child.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you must look at this, at this point in God's plan.
We are now His chosen or favored among the called.
It's just another way to look at being among the privileged few  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Brett

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 01:11:41 AM »

This is from Strong's Greek dictionary:

chosen
G1588
ἐκλεκτός
eklektos
ek-lek-tos'
From G1586; select; by implication favorite: - chosen, elect.

Very good Kat, for checking the Greek difination.

Yes, God does what He wants, because all things belong to God and God is own all things after He created in His own hands. God does favorite/chosen people or not. God chosen not because of we are good deeds even God chosen Paul when he was very bad deeds before Jesus confront him (on way to Damascus in Acts 9).

Brett :D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 02:40:05 AM by Brett »

orion77

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 01:42:19 AM »

I think it is important to realize that God is not bringing all to the Light at this time.  The ones who He is bringing to the Light in each generation have no higher seat than those who will later be brought into the Light.

He knows the beginning from the end.  He is the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last.  All of us are and will be under His name, so where God will be all in all.  This is why He is no respector of persons.  It's all about learning, following and obeying Christ.  We know the day will come when ALL will.  In the realm of God it's each in his own time.

All, one day will be His chosen, elect, favorite, beloved, His children. 

God bless,

Gary 

Brett

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 02:54:33 AM »

I think it is important to realize that God is not bringing all to the Light at this time.  The ones who He is bringing to the Light in each generation have no higher seat than those who will later be brought into the Light.

He knows the beginning from the end.  He is the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last.  All of us are and will be under His name, so where God will be all in all.  This is why He is no respector of persons.  It's all about learning, following and obeying Christ.  We know the day will come when ALL will.  In the realm of God it's each in his own time.

All, one day will be His chosen, elect, favorite, beloved, His children. 

God bless,

Gary 

Hi Gary,

I understand what you mean. All mankind will be saved because of what God's promise throught Jesus' death and resurrection. Not just for the chosen but for all mankind. No one will seperated from God forever. That is what God is no respector of persons. But God's chosen or elect people are for to join Jesus' reign, to judge the world and to saved the whole world. We are all equal in God's eyes.

Hope this make sense.

Brett
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.