bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winning Souls?  (Read 6191 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Winning Souls?
« on: September 07, 2006, 12:50:25 PM »

Ray,

Thank you for your ministry.

I come from a fundamental baptist background and recently have a parent who is now Presbyterian.  I printed the "Winning Souls for Jesus" research you did and introduced it to my Presbyterian parent ... good discussion.  I then took it to my Fundamental, Independent Baptist parent and Whoa Nelly!

I received this link, http://experts.about.com/q/Baptists-954/Pre-Destination.htm
as a response to my showing of the "WSFJ" research article.

I understand you have a full plate and it does me good to just type this out ... but, if somehow you have time to give any insight regarding the link ... especially this part ... "Man is NOT predestined to be saved - rather, the believer is predestined to receive the benefits of salvation." ... I would help me a great deal.

Respectfully and with much appreciation (even if you are unable to respond),
JT

Dear JT:
I marvel at the total Scriptural ignorance of many who are self-professed teachers.
Let's read this person's supposed Scriptural proof of her Unscriptural statement, and I quote:

"Man is NOT predestined to be saved - rather, the believer is predestined to receive the benefits of salvation

John 1:12 - Note the order - we receive Christ, we are given sonship.

Ephesians 1:5 - We are not predestined to salvation, but to sonship.

Ephesians 1:11 - Every believer is predestined to an inheritance I Peter 1:4

Romans 8:29 - We are not predestined to be saved, but to be conformed to the image of Christ."

Now think for a moment, think!  How is it possible to receive the benefits of being healed of a disease WITHOUT BEING HEALED?  How is one to receive the benefits of being married WITHOUT BEING MARRIED?  How is one to receive the benefits of an education WITHOUT BEING EDUCATED?  How is one to receive the benefits of a healthy diet WITHOUT EATING A HEALTHY DIET?  Am I going to fast for anyone?  How is one to "receive the benefits of salvation" WITHOUT BEING SAVED?

Becoming the "manifest sons of God," IS SALVATION!  But we and creation are still "waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God" (Rom. 8:19).
When we receive our inheritance, WE WILL BE SAVED! At presence we have only "the EARNEST of our inheritance" (Eph. 1:14). When we receive the total "purchased possession," WE WILL BE SAVED. And THAT (that SALVATION) is what has been "predestined."
When we are "conformed to the very Image of Christ" WE WILL BE SAVED (I John 2:3). This is but a "hope" until Christ's presence at the resurrection of the Just (Verse 3).

God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.