bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our Father's Will  (Read 4454 times)

hillsbororiver

Our Father's Will
« on: September 08, 2006, 01:59:42 PM »

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

The audio's of the Conference have been up a few days now and I was wondering if anyone has comments on any of the material that was presented, I found that the essence of the Father's will, the fact that He wants children in His very own image to be an incredible concept to meditate on. Paul states in Romans that we are going through a process that will "conform us to the image of His Son;"

Rom 8:29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Think about these very profound words spoken by our Lord;

Joh 17:21  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Joh 17:22  And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

The will of our Father and the mission of our Lord is not only to save us from sin and death and give us immortal life, but to actually make us one with Him and the Father!

So it is no wonder that it is written;

Isa 64:4  For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

1Co 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

A glorious promise that our imaginations cannot fathom.

Praise Him,

Joe

hillsbororiver

Re: Our Father's Will
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 06:26:53 PM »

Mat 11:27  All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Joh 14:9  Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Joh 14:10  Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Mat 26:13  Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

Luk 11:2  And he said unto them, When ye pray say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

Joh 5:20  For the Father loveth the Son, and showeth him all things that himself doeth: and he will show him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Joh 5:21  For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

Joh 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Joh 6:37  All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Joh 6:38  For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Joh 6:39  And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Joh 6:40  And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:44  No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Any thoughts or comments?

Joe

orion77

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 09:07:02 PM »

Hello Joe,

I have been thinking a lot about our Fathers will, lately.  It seems to be obedient to our Fathers will is to accept the sacrifice of Christ.  The question is what does it mean to accept the sacrifice of Christ?  He fullfilled the law of Moses, and ushered in the new covenant. 

To accept His sacrifice is to get out from under the old Law and into the new Law of faith.  The old law was a shadow and of outer rituals, but the new is of faith.  Those who go back to or desire to stay in the law of Moses, do injustice to our Lord, by crucifying Him over again.  This is what is called lawlessness in the NT, because they do not follow Christ.  When one stays under the old and professes to know Christ, when clearly He has fullfilled the old law.  During the times of the apostles, this moving from the old to the new was talked about very much.  The NT is full of scripture from the apostles trying to persuade the Hebrews of what Christs mission has accomplished.

(Heb 8:1)  Now a summary over the things being said: We have such a High Priest, who sat down on the right of the throne of the Majesty in Heaven, Psa. 110:1

(Heb 8:2)  Minister of the Holy of Holies, and of the true tabernacle which the Lord pitched, and not man.

(Heb 8:3)  For every high priest is set in place to offer both gifts and sacrifices; from which it is necessary for this One also to have something which He may offer.

(Heb 8:4)  For if indeed He were on earth, He would not even be a priest, there being those priests offering gifts according to the Law,

(Heb 8:5)  who serve the pattern of and shadow of heavenly things, even as Moses was divinely warned, being about to make the tabernacle: For He says, "See that you make all things according to the pattern being shown to you in the mount." Exodus 25:40

(Heb 8:6)  But now He has gotten a more excellent ministry, also by so much as He is a Mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.

(Heb 8:7)  For if that first was faultless, place would not have been sought for a second.

(Heb 8:8)  For finding fault, He said to them, "Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, and I will make an end on the house of Israel and on the house of Judah; a new covenant shall be,

(Heb 8:9)  not according to the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day of My taking hold of their hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I did not regard them, says the Lord.

(Heb 8:10)  Because this is the covenant which I will covenant with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord, giving My Laws into their mind, and I will write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people."

(Heb 8:11)  "And they shall no more teach each one their neighbor, and each one his brother, saying, Know the Lord; because all shall know Me, from the least of them to their great ones.

(Heb 8:12)  For I will be merciful to their unrighteousnesses, and I will not at all remember their sins and their lawless deeds." LXX-Jer. 38:31-34; MT-Jer. 31:31-34

(Heb 8:13)  In the saying, New, He has made the first old. And the thing being made old and growing aged is near disappearing.

The difference between the old and the new is contrast as night and day.  And just as in Genesis, God caused the night to come before the day, He had the old come before the new.  An eye for an eye, and tooth for tooth, is completely different than forgiving ones enemies and praying for those who despitefully use you.  We can not have it both ways.

Following Gods will is truly following Christ and accepting that we are forgiven, because we were forgiven while still being an enemy, and He loved us first.  To me, those are some amazing words in the bible.  The greatest thing about all of this is, we cannot see this without His Spirit, so noone can boast.  It's not of our works, but of faith, and even that faith is a gift from God.

It is good to see God in this Light, the yoke and burden is so much lighter.  Also, good to know that God really is love, mercy, compassionate, long suffering, patient, forgiving, and faithful.

(Gal 5:22)  But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,

(Gal 5:23)  meekness, self-control. Against such things there is not a law.

(Gal 5:24)  But the ones belonging to Christ crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.

(Gal 5:25)  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

(Gal 5:26)  Let us not become vainglorious, provoking one another, envying one another.

God bless,

Gary

gmik

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 09:20:45 PM »

hi joe....great scriptures.

Jesus' will is to do the will of the Father..and it is the Father's will that all He has given Me I should lose NOTHING but should raise again at the last day!!!

Wow.  hadn't caught that before!  Read all of John 6 on the interlinear.  Beautiful passage!

I finally got all of Ray's audio downloaded so that will be my work time driving devotions.  Can't wait to begin.

Since Ray's papers are 80 some pages long usually, I have begun to find the emails from his site (not the forum e mails) and print out those of whatever topic I am wanting.  I can ususally get 3-5 pages per answer.  That has been my devotions of late so I don't have to sit at the computer so long.  Anyway, today, my husband & I sat and read and discussed some of his free-will answers.  First time he did that w/ me!  Praise the Lord.

Just as an aside Joe, we sat reading with our hot chocolate, and with our sweatshirts on.  We are freeezing up here!!!!!

Will be letting you know tomorrow nite after listening to Ray's audio.

Gary, what great stuff, but I will have to study and reread. The meat is to do His will, showing and living out daily the fruit of the Spirit. If He loved us when we were sinners still, then that is a great example for us to love those who we think are still sinners.

God Bless
Gena
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.