bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Law of Moses and the Law of Christ  (Read 4353 times)

orion77

Law of Moses and the Law of Christ
« on: September 09, 2006, 01:34:16 AM »

I was reading in the book of John and noticed something in the life of John the baptist.  Jesus has said that who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than John.

John came to witness of the Light:

(Joh 1:15)  John witnesses concerning Him, and has cried out, saying, This One was He of whom I said, He coming after me has been before me, for He was preceding me.

The Law and prophets all testify of Christ:

(Luk 24:44)  And He said to them, These are the Words which I spoke to you yet being with you, that all the things must be fulfilled having been written in the Law of Moses, and the Prophets, and the Psalms, concerning Me.

Even Johns death has deeper meaning to it, for he was beheaded for his testimony:

(Rev 20:4)  And I saw thrones, and they sat on them. And judgment was given to them, and the souls of the ones having been beheaded because of the witness of Jesus, and because of the Word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast nor its image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand. And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Could it be that the physical life and death of John and Jesus portray a picture of the law of Moses with the Law of Faith?  It is such a strong aspect of our conversion, going from the Law of Moses to the Law of Spirit, Faith and Grace. 

Repentence always preceeds the Spirit of Grace, as John came before Jesus.  Not sure if I am getting this across in the right way.  Their lives portray how we were (John), to where we are now (Christ).  Being spiritually beheaded, not living for self, but others as Christ is.  The old covenant and the new, being shown not only in words, but through their lives. 

(Rom 3:19)  But we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those within the Law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world be under judgment to God.

(Rom 3:20)  Because by works of Law not one of all flesh will be justified before Him, for through Law is full knowledge of sin. Psa. 143:2

(Rom 3:21)  But now a righteousness of God has been revealed apart from Law, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,

(Rom 3:22)  even the righteousness of God through faith of Jesus Christ toward all and upon all those believing; for there is no difference,

(Rom 3:23)  for all sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

(Rom 3:24)  being justified freely by His grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus,

(Rom 3:25)  whom God set forth as a propitiation through faith in His blood, as a demonstration of His righteousness through the passing over of the sins that had taken place before, in the forbearance of God,

(Rom 3:26)  for a demonstration of His righteousness in the present time, for His being just and justifying the one that is of the faith of Jesus.

(Rom 3:27)  Then where is the boasting? It was excluded. Through what law? Of works? No, but through a Law of faith.

Not sure if this came across properly, but any ideas?

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.