bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let me introduce myself  (Read 5548 times)

TRUTHSEEKER

Let me introduce myself
« on: September 09, 2006, 03:28:14 PM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Earlington.  I actually been on this site for about a year now but have not posted in the forum section.  This site has been such a blessing to me in my spiritual growth and development.  My journey to bible-truths.com started as a result of me searching out more information on tithing.  I was going to a church at the time that I felt really challenged me to grow spiritually and addressed many topics that most churches in my opinion wouldn't bother to touch.  But, like most churches they believe in tithing.  I too believed in it.  I started tithing after the pastor expressed the importance of it.  The only thing that bothered me about the whole tithing deal was that after commiting to it for over a year I never experienced anything differently than when I just gave from the heart.  I was being blessed just as much then as I did without tithing and I became frustrated because I was looking for a blessing out of the ordinary.  So, I questioned it.  I was told I had to tithe on my gross.  I did.  Then, after realizing that I didn't see any difference in level of blessings I heard a televangelist say how you must tithe on your net income.  I thought this to be rediculous because if I tithe on the money that I had in my hands how then can I tithe on money that the government already took in the form of taxes.  I was at a loss.  So I searched the net and found as the first result of my search this site.  I read in big bold letters "Tithing is unscriptural for the new testament christian".  I read it and it changed my life and view on how God actually blesses us.  I no longer depend on man made doctrines and tradition but to the word of God for my guidance.  I thank God for this site.  I am on it virtually everyday learning and growing.  I thank God for Ray and for all of you out there that have had the light bulb turned on not only towards tithing but towards how much our God truly loves and cares for each and everyone of his children.  Be blessed always :D

chuckusa

Re: Let me introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 03:40:35 PM »

Hi TRUTHSEEKER,

I'm glad you desided to post, God be with you on your journey. May you discover many, many more truths!

WELCOME,
Chuck

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 04:41:34 PM »

Welcome TRUTHSEEKER .

I was just doing an awsome study this morning on Truth. I am so glad that God led you here and that you finally posted. As you already know from all your reading there is a lot to learn and discuss in this fellowship.

(2Co 13:8 KJVR)  For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

Beloved

gmik

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 09:23:12 PM »

Hi and Welcome

;D ;D

orion77

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 12:59:46 AM »

Hello, Earlington.  Welcome to the forum, and am glad you decided to post.  There are so many things we are taught our whole lives that we took for granted until the Light of Christ is turned on.  Then, wow, its a whole new journey.  Hope to see you post more.

God bless,

Gary

Kat

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 02:31:02 AM »

Hi Earlington,

I'm glad you have decided to introduce yourself.
It has been such a blessing for me to partake and share here at the forum,
it will give you a whole new experience in the truth.
The feeling of a close fellowship among brothers and sisters is very real here.
So welcome and feel free to join in the discussion anytime.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 11:19:11 AM »

Welcome Earlington,

I look forward to fellowshipping with you,

Joe

ned

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 12:15:10 PM »

Hi Earlington,
Welcome.
In love, peace, and truth.
Marie

Layla

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 02:50:04 PM »

Welcome Earlington - we are all looking for that extraordinary blessing which I believe can be found in the high calling of Jesus Christ!  I want to take this opportunity to welcome all the other new posters as I have been away from the site this past week, but look forward to fellowshipping with you all in the future!

Peace,
Layla

JCAliveInMe

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 03:41:44 AM »

Hey!  Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!!  Your story is similiar to mine.  The subject of tithing is where God started to get my attention.  After I saw how wrong I was, and how wrong most of the visible "church" was, i have had a whole new passion to be a disciple of Jesus and really listen to what the Word says over the doctrines of men.  Would love to hear more from you....Love you in Christ!  Christopher

TRUTHSEEKER

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 05:34:36 PM »

Thank you everyone for your your comments and encouragement. I look forward to worshipping with all of you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.