bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weakness of Heart and Flesh  (Read 6059 times)

Falconn003

Weakness of Heart and Flesh
« on: March 25, 2006, 08:49:05 PM »

Shoeman sir

Like what are you saying really as this is a bit wee confusing.

can you elborate more

Rodger

Sonia

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 08:56:09 PM »

Hello Shoe,

That comes from scripture:
Matt 26:41 Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

You're looking at the issue from a different perspective. The weakness of the flesh is that it will not deny itself for a higher cause. See what I'm saying? Its "strength," as you put it, is its weakness.

Sonia

stella

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 10:23:05 PM »

Shoeman ,you for sure are complicated.

I will have to think a bit on this one.

stella

Chris R

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 07:16:44 AM »

Quote from: Shoeman
Sorry I kinda missed out on a point there, didn't I?

What I ask is this: Where is the failing of Humanity? Is it in the body? The Body is carnal and earthly and ruled by sin. But The Heart? THe Spirit? Is it a failing of Heart and Spirit that we fall to sin and turn from God?

Hi,

Were is the failing of humanity?  God created a failing humanity?

Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,  

We were simply made subject to sin, NOT WILLINGLY but by reason of him [GOD].

Gods plan hasnt gone amuck, Nor has his creation, it is running as perfectly as He had planned it.

Peace

Chris R

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 10:37:13 AM »

Hi Shoeman, I remember a variation of this question from you when you were under the screen name Shadow Magus I guess it still hasn't been answered to your satisfaction. I hope you are successful in your search for answers.

Joe

stella

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 04:23:29 PM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
Hi Shoeman, I remember a variation of this question from you when you were under the screen name Shadow Magus I guess it still hasn't been answered to your satisfaction. I hope you are successful in your search for answers.

Joe

Joe,  may I ask why this young man so bothers you?

You seem to talk about him (as opposeed to him) each time he makes a post.

Reff.

hillsbororiver

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: They gave us both.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jerry cabral wrote:
Actually they gave us both, one in Matt and the other in Luke. Mary's being Luke. The other is why the question about the Root of Jesse may explain, man its to blessed to seek the Lord. I would say first pray then think out of the box or rather flesh.

Peace be with You.

Jerry, Shoeman was here under another psuedonym before and his purpose then was to provoke and antagonize, actually he was very successful, quite impressive for a teenager. I hope his motivation is different now. The kid has some smarts and is very subtle.

Joe

This as the other posts you have made leaves me puzzled  :?

As I said before Shoeman(Shadow) led me to bible truths.

I have read his post before the forum crash and after and can not for the life of me what your problem is.

Would you mind just putting it all out for all to know instead of playing a childs game.

stella

Sorin

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 04:28:24 PM »

Stella,

I don't get it. what has Joe said that would give you the impression that Shoeman bothers him?  :-k

stella

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 04:39:54 PM »

Hi Sorin , If you read above and also read the responsees to what? 7post ?Shoeman has made I think you will see what I mean.

This is also carried over from before the forum crashed.

stella

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 06:20:35 PM »

Hello Shoeman, thanks for clearing that question up I do appreciate it. As for Trish I have no clue as to why she left or where she went. I hope she is reconciled with her daughter, I know she was pained by the separation.

Joe

sparkyman481

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 07:33:36 PM »

Sorry I kinda missed out on a point there, didn't I?

What I ask is this: Where is the failing of Humanity? Is it in the body? The Body is carnal and earthly and ruled by sin. But The Heart? THe Spirit? Is it a failing of Heart and Spirit that we fall to sin and turn from God?

2Co 5:21  For he hath made him (Christ) to be sin (flesh) for us, who knew no sin(in the Spirit); that we (flesh, carnally minded) might be made the righteousness of God (we in the Spirit) in him.

1Co 15:42  So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

The way I see it is we have to go through sin (the flesh) to become sinless(Spirit). We cannot know good unless we know evil.

Chris R

Hi
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 07:53:43 AM »

Back to topic though: So God intentionally designed us to be imperfect and that this flaw (meaning that which separates us from Christ) is planned and in its own way perfect? As in accordance with God's Perfect Plan?

Dearist friend

Gods plan is perfect for the purpose in which it was created for. It may not be YOUR perfect plan, OR MY perfect plan, it is however God's perfect plan for us.

The scriptures teach us this,  To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:   A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up [that which is] planted;   A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;  Ecc 3:1-3  etc, etc,

There is nothing that has no purpose in our lives, It is all one great plan, masterfully detailed, to a millisecond.

With these thoughts i'm sure there are five more questions to be asked, i will assure you i cannot answer them, We must not continue to believe everything experienced in this life is ALL there is.

If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable [1Cr 15:19]

Peace be unto you

Chris R
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.