bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will  (Read 5379 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Free Will
« on: September 11, 2006, 10:14:16 AM »

I am new to studying the Scriptures.  Please know that your site has been a tremendous help.  However, I can't grasp this concept of no free will.  I have printed and read your teachings on this subject.  How do we think through and rationalize such things as being in the military?  How can we say according to the Scriptures it is not the right thing to do, but then on the otherhand believe that people in the military are exactly where God wants them to be?   Do we put ourselves in a position that we can't take a moral stand on anything.  I am reminded of the comedian back in the 70's that coined the phrase "the devil made me do it".   It seems without free will we take the same position except it is "God that made me do it".   Thank you for your dedication and hard work.
Sincerely,
David T.

Dear David:
My four-part series on the Myth of Free Will answers your question completely and in detail. Plus, I have answered it over and over again in may a hundred emails. GOD DOESN'T M-A-K-E YOU OR ANYONE DO ANYTHING. You VOLUNTEER!!!
That is why we all will be judged by what WE DO, not by what God MAKES us do. If there were such a thing as "free will," there wouldn't be a "cause" for anything that anyone would do.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.