bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Loving the Light of His Word  (Read 11126 times)

hillsbororiver

Loving the Light of His Word
« on: September 12, 2006, 12:49:50 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Having been around the Forum for well over a year now I have seen and experienced certain cycles and trends that are very recognizable to me, even as they unfold. We will go through a period of relative calmness with the posts and threads edifying and loving.

Then will come the intrusion of man made doctrines that trouble many of our spirits, some of these posts are blatently disagreeable and others are more subtle, just a question or a thought, some might say. There is nothing wrong with being like a Berean, verifying the Scriptures to see if it is so, or to ask for supporting witnesses to things stated, these things we are admonished to do. But when unscriptural statements or man made traditions or legends are brought here we are not to be timid in holding to the truth in the name of love or compassion or tolerence, this is a fallacy.

I am not suggesting anyone be rude or impatient, yes it is not always easy to balance, it is a fine line to walk, but if we are to grow in His Spirit we need to search what is written and not only read the Word but live the Word, if someone offends you with a post please admonish them privately, copy a moderator if you think it is necessary.

If the moderators detect that anyone is here just to debate or argue for arguments sake they will be banished, there are plenty of websites out there devoted to this type of activity, Bible Truths Forum is just not one of them.

Pro 28:25  He that is of a proud hear stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.

Jam 3:14  But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

If those of us that have been called are truly striving to win the race, to endure until the end, to be of the elect, the only foundation we have is built on His Word.

Psa 119:105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

Pro 3:21  My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion:

Pro 3:22  So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.

Pro 3:23  Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely and thy foot shall not stumble.

Pro 23:4  Labor not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.

1Co 3:19  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

1Ti 6:20  O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings and oppositions of science falsely so called:

2Th 2:10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

1Pe 2:8  And a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

2Pe 1:19  We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

1Jo 2:5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

His Peace and Wisdom to all my Brothers and Sisters,

Joe

P. S. This article addresses the point of my post extremely well;

http://bible-truths.com/kiss.htm

hillsbororiver

Re: Loving the Light of His Word
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 02:51:06 PM »

There is one more thing I would like to add, there have been more than a few in the time I have been associated with the Forum who like to make the statement; "I do not agree with everything Ray writes" like it is a badge of honor, or a sign of a deeper understanding for some of them, I will be the first to say that we should not accept any man's version of truth unless it can be backed with scriptural witnesses. But that is a broadbrushed open ended claim that puts little to no responsibility on the person stating the opinion.

It is like "I don't know that Johnny being is honest with us all the time," or "Sally seems to be away from the house alot for a married woman." No accusation or direct attack just a subtle bit of doubt about someone or something being cast with the accuser having little to no responsibility to prove or defend the statement.    

To me a statement like that is insidious, it implies that there are falsehoods being taught without having to be specific, from this point forward I would (and will) ask anyone making that statement to specifically say what it is they disagree with and to provide the scripture to back it up.
That is not too much to ask, let us be temperate in all things, refraining from broadbrushed negative insinuations are not edifying to the brethren. If there are real doctrinal flaws being taught or stated here, let us deal with them head on and openly, state the case with the (scriptural) witnesses provided and we will go from there.

His Peace to you,

Joe
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 11:16:18 AM by hillsbororiver »

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 02:57:32 PM »

Joe and Bobby, your words are true and encouraging and I thank you both for them.

I think we all should remember a few things and adhere to them always

1. Each of us walks alone with God.
2. Neither I, has the respondsibility of bringing anyone to God.
3. All Words and Actions either speak of God or Satan (a simple rulle but often forgotten)

I believe Paul speaks well of this here:

Col 3:22
  • Servants, obey in all things [your] masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:

Granted, Paul is speaking of Masters and Servants; but I have no trouble seeing myself as a servant to you all, and having God foremost in my heart kind of puts my ignorance into perspective.  ::)

2Cr 5:20
  • Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

A soft word ourt of love is more pleasing to all involved (inluding God) than a plethora of words of condemnation; something that I am all to good at.

I think the question that should always be asked before a word is spoken (or written) is: Just who am I an ambassadors too?

Sometimes the answer frightens me. :(

God be with you all,

Darren
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 02:59:33 PM by YellowStone »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 03:53:35 PM »

Darren,

A great post, much wisdom there.

Thank you,

Joe

P. S.

I want to add that sincere questions are always welcome here, I remember having a plethora of questions when I first came on board and the patient and gentle manner most of the members displayed. I certainly would like that tradition to continue here.

His Peace and Wisdom to all of you,

Joe
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 03:59:34 PM by hillsbororiver »

snorky

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 04:36:49 PM »

Joe, knowing I just posted a comment on your post in another thread that coud be contrued as disagreement, I will vow now that I will abide by this notion of PM-ing from now on. Not posting any sort of "rebuttle" or "disagreement" or flesh-inspired doctrines really will clear up many of negative feelings I have about all the divisiveness here. It will help me to learn without all the sidetracks that come up when divisiveness occurs. And believe me, I do tend to get sidetracked. So your suggestion might be made one of the rules...perhaps.

snorky

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 04:44:46 PM »

Hello again Snorky,

I just replied to the post you referred to and I did not see anything there that I thought could be construed as anything but honest inquiry.

Sometimes we all just need to be reminded what the purpose of this Forum is and what it is we should all be here for, edifying and inspiring each other and keeping as close to His Word as possible. If we are seeking His Spirit in this we will not fail.

I truly appreciate your comments.

Peace to you,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 06:38:04 PM »

Hi Joe and Bobby,

I have been on this forum for a short time, but feel like it is my spiritual home now. 
It is where my brothers and sisters are, and where I want to be.
Rules are good, they help us all understand what this place is all about.
I want to totally follow the guide lines, and if I ever step out of line, I know you will let me know.
Thanks to all of you moderators, for the time and effort you put in here.
I will try to do my part in making your job easier.

Eph 4:2  Always be humble and gentle. Patiently put up with each other and love each other.

1Th 5:11  wherefore, comfort ye one another, and build ye up, one the one, as also ye do.
1Th 5:12  And we ask you, brethren, to know those labouring among you, and leading you in the Lord, and admonishing you,

1Pe 1:22  Seeing ye have purified your souls in your obedience to the truth unto unfeigned love of the brethren, love one another from the heart fervently:

1Jo 4:11  Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
1Jo 4:12  No man hath beheld God at any time: if we love one another, God abideth in us, and his love is perfected in us:

Rom 14:19  Therefore, let us keep on pursuing those things that bring peace and that lead to building one another up.

1Th 5:11  Therefore comfort one another, and edify one another, even as you also do.

Joh 13:34  `A new commandment I give to you, that ye love one another; according as I did love you, that ye also love one another;

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

chuckusa

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 06:41:45 PM »

KAT,

Wonderful Kat. I agree 100% I will also do my best to help keep this forum a "home", for myself and everyone else.

Chuck

YellowStone

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 07:27:29 PM »

A quick question.

Is there anyone reading this thread, not feel the love?  :)

I thank God for you all. :)

Darren

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 11:30:40 PM »

Hello Darren,

It is a strong feeling, we all know the Source.

I really would love to hear from any new members or those of you who have been hesitant about sharing your thoughts to please join in here and critique us or make suggestions or even to just say hello and tell us how we can be better brethren.

I have been in contact with a new member who happened to be at the conference and if we could only replicate the atmosphere we had there it would certainly be a blessing for all.

Joe

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 04:20:38 PM »

Hello Darren,

It is a strong feeling, we all know the Source.

I really would love to hear from any new members or those of you who have been hesitant about sharing your thoughts to please join in here and critique us or make suggestions or even to just say hello and tell us how we can be better brethren.

I have been in contact with a new member who happened to be at the conference and if we could only replicate the atmosphere we had there it would certainly be a blessing for all.

Joe

I don't think I have ever felt that much Love.
Same here, If I ever get out of line, do what God does and thump me on the ears. This is my spiritual home and I thank everyone involved.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 11:20:39 PM »

Patrick,

I know exactly how you must have felt returning to your motel room, I just wanted to slip away from Ray's after dinner because I was afraid of getting emotional, I did not want to say goodbye to everyone. Thankfully I knew I had no choice but to get on the road and get those 550 miles in the rearview mirror, the Spirit of our fellowship in the Lord that wonderful weekend is something I will never forget.

I have been thanking Him for each and every one of you that I had the pleasure of meeting there.

His Peace and Wisdom to you Brother,

Joe

chuckusa

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 11:55:07 PM »

Hello all,

THATS IT....I'm not missing the next one... even if I have to walk there, sleep under a bridge, and eat stale saltines for two days. Money or no money...I'm going!!!

:) :) :)

Chuck

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 12:00:32 AM »

LOL  ;D

Great post Chuck, I Laughed Out Loud

God Bless you Brother!

Joe

Kat

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 12:25:01 AM »

Hi Chuck,

You're a hoot.
But really you should try to go, if at all possible.

No matter how someone described a sunset or a rainbow,
there's no way to really know what it's like until you see it for yourself.

Ray said he was going to try to give more notice for the next one,
so people can plan ahead.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

chuckusa

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 12:59:30 AM »

Kat,

When you said sunset, a memory came to mind. I used to fish off the coast of florida, and one of the things I would do right before sunset was to hang offshore a few miles and watch the sun set over the water. I really can't describe the beauty of that...the quietness, the breeze, the peace... as that big orange ball kissed the water and slipped out beyond the horizon. It was the most wonderful "church" I've ever attended. I only did it when I was alone. Sitting out on the bow, watching in awe everytime, It never got old, I never got tired of it...and I miss it deeply. It was just me...and God.

Then I'd rig up and troll back through the pass and catch a cooler full of kings, they used to come in at sundown and I'd track em on sonar!!

Wonderful times. Just like how you all desribe the meeting. Something you just can't wait to do again... :)

Love to all,
chuck

ned

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 03:16:26 AM »

Hello all,

THATS IT....I'm not missing the next one... even if I have to walk there, sleep under a bridge, and eat stale saltines for two days. Money or no money...I'm going!!!

Chuck

Hi Chuck. I feel the same way.
I will start praying to God now about it actually. If it is His will, I'll be there!

Marie

ned

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 03:36:45 AM »

Hi Joe and all.
This is a good thread, and probably one that will need to be posted on a regular basis to help keep our focus on Jesus!
While reading the book of James, I felt it really fit in with this thread, and wanted to share some verses:

James 1:19  So that, my beloved brothers, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak (type ;)), slow to wrath.

James 2:8  If you truly fulfill the royal Law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well.

Jam 3:13-18  Who is wise and knowing among you? Let him show his works by his good behavior, in meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and contention in your heart, do not boast and lie against the truth. This is not the wisdom coming down from above, but is earthly, beastly, devilish. For where jealousy and contention are, there is confusion and every foul deed.
But the wisdom from above is firstly truly pure, then peaceable, forbearing, yielding, full of mercy and of good fruits, not partial and not pretended. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for the ones making peace.

Jam 5:16-20  Confess to one another the deviations from the Law, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. Very strong is a righteous petition, being made effective.  Elijah was a man of like feeling to us, and he prayed in prayer for it not to rain; and it did not rain on the earth three years and six months.  And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth caused its fruit to sprout.  If anyone among you goes astray from the truth, brothers, and anyone turns him back,  know that the one turning a sinner from the error of his way will save the soul from death, and will hide a multitude of sins.

We should all remember if we are feeling tribulation about our posts, and they are within God's will, this is OK.
1Pe 3:17  For it is better, if the will of God wills it, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

1Pe 4:11-16  If anyone speaks, let it be as the words of God; if anyone ministers, as by strength which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ; to whom is the glory and the might to the ages of the ages. Amen.  Beloved, do not be astonished at the fiery trial happening among you for your testing, as if a surprise were occurring to you;  but according as you share the sufferings of Christ, rejoice; so that you may rejoice exultingly at the revelation of His glory.  If you are reviled in the name of Christ, you are blessed, because "the Spirit of God and of glory rests on you." Truly, according to them, He is blasphemed; but according to you, He is glorified. (Isa. 11:2)  For do not let any of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or an evildoer, or as a meddler in the affairs of others. But if one suffers as a Christian, do not let him be ashamed, but to glorify God in this respect.

Peace and love to all here at this forum. Thank you God for fellowship!
Marie

angie

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 11:27:28 AM »

Hello all,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,  ;D

Feel kinda the same way....but I'm not a strong swimmer  ::)

Angie
x

hillsbororiver

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 12:16:02 PM »

Hi Joe and all.
This is a good thread, and probably one that will need to be posted on a regular basis to help keep our focus on Jesus!
While reading the book of James, I felt it really fit in with this thread, and wanted to share some verses:

James 1:19  So that, my beloved brothers, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak (type ;)), slow to wrath.

James 2:8  If you truly fulfill the royal Law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well.

Jam 3:13-18  Who is wise and knowing among you? Let him show his works by his good behavior, in meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and contention in your heart, do not boast and lie against the truth. This is not the wisdom coming down from above, but is earthly, beastly, devilish. For where jealousy and contention are, there is confusion and every foul deed.
But the wisdom from above is firstly truly pure, then peaceable, forbearing, yielding, full of mercy and of good fruits, not partial and not pretended. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for the ones making peace.

Jam 5:16-20  Confess to one another the deviations from the Law, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. Very strong is a righteous petition, being made effective.  Elijah was a man of like feeling to us, and he prayed in prayer for it not to rain; and it did not rain on the earth three years and six months.  And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth caused its fruit to sprout.  If anyone among you goes astray from the truth, brothers, and anyone turns him back,  know that the one turning a sinner from the error of his way will save the soul from death, and will hide a multitude of sins.

We should all remember if we are feeling tribulation about our posts, and they are within God's will, this is OK.
1Pe 3:17  For it is better, if the will of God wills it, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

1Pe 4:11-16  If anyone speaks, let it be as the words of God; if anyone ministers, as by strength which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ; to whom is the glory and the might to the ages of the ages. Amen.  Beloved, do not be astonished at the fiery trial happening among you for your testing, as if a surprise were occurring to you;  but according as you share the sufferings of Christ, rejoice; so that you may rejoice exultingly at the revelation of His glory.  If you are reviled in the name of Christ, you are blessed, because "the Spirit of God and of glory rests on you." Truly, according to them, He is blasphemed; but according to you, He is glorified. (Isa. 11:2)  For do not let any of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or an evildoer, or as a meddler in the affairs of others. But if one suffers as a Christian, do not let him be ashamed, but to glorify God in this respect.

Peace and love to all here at this forum. Thank you God for fellowship!
Marie

Hello Marie,

I agree, thank you for the additional scriptures, they certainly tie in very well with the spirit of this topic.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.