bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loving the Light of His Word  (Read 11132 times)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Loving the Light of His Word
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2006, 01:58:12 PM »

Hi Everybody,

I just wanted to add that attending the Bible Conference in Mobile was a huge blessing for me.  The spiritual teachngs, the fellowship, and the spirit of love was in abundance!  I feel stronger, wiser and more humbled than ever.

Peace and grace to you all,

Rene'

gmik

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2006, 02:19:43 PM »

I have been listening to the tapes from the conference. Excellent teaching and you get a real sense of the love (&humor) that Ray has for the Word and for all of us.

Joe is that you with the REALLY deep voice?? :D

I would love to fellowship at Ray's house.  But Mobile Ala is a looonnnnngggg way from Michigan.  Chuck I would need a lot more than saltines!!!!

gena

hillsbororiver

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2006, 05:31:52 PM »

Joe is that you with the REALLY deep voice?? :D

gena

One and the same  8)

gmik

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2006, 10:14:43 PM »

;D

Boy, I bet you can keep your crew in line!!!

gena

hillsbororiver

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 02:38:28 PM »

Hello Everyone,

It may be time to think about these things once again.

His Peace and Wisdom to all,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2006, 09:26:25 AM »

I was reading this chapter this morning and thought to share it with you,

Ecclesiastes 7

1A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.

2It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.

3Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.

4The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.

5It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.

6For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.

7Surely oppression maketh a wise man mad; and a gift destroyeth the heart.

8Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

9Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.

10Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not enquire wisely concerning this.

11Wisdom is good with an inheritance: and by it there is profit to them that see the sun.

12For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.

13Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?

14In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him.

15All things have I seen in the days of my vanity: there is a just man that perisheth in his righteousness, and there is a wicked man that prolongeth his life in his wickedness.

16Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself ?

17Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?

18It is good that thou shouldest take hold of this; yea, also from this withdraw not thine hand: for he that feareth God shall come forth of them all.

19Wisdom strengtheneth the wise more than ten mighty men which are in the city.

20For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

21Also take no heed unto all words that are spoken; lest thou hear thy servant curse thee:

22For oftentimes also thine own heart knoweth that thou thyself likewise hast cursed others.

23All this have I proved by wisdom: I said, I will be wise; but it was far from me.

24That which is far off, and exceeding deep, who can find it out?

25I applied mine heart to know, and to search, and to seek out wisdom, and the reason of things, and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness:

26And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.

27Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account:

28Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.

29Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Kat

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2006, 10:33:20 AM »

Hi Joe,

These are good scripture to consider, indeed.
It is so different to see scripture with open eyes, it's like a light has been turned on.
Where as before, I only read these things as a event in the history of Israel.
Thanks Joe for bringing them to my attention.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 07:47:12 PM »

A member brought up this old thread to me so I searched around, dusted it off and decided to bring it up again.

Ecclesastes 7 certainly is wisdom speaking to the heart of hearts.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 05:07:08 PM »

Hello Joe

This is a very valuable thread as I am also sure there are many precious weaves of Gods words in the Forum archives. Regarding this one, there is the word fool that stands out for me and I have a few of Gods thoughts shown in His word that also have drawn my attention. Here they are:

A fool denies God.  

Psalms 14 : 1 The empty-headed fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable deeds; there is none that does good or right.

This is not to puff up anyone who thinks they are above this description because :

Psalms 53 : 2,3 God looked down from heaven upon the children of men to see if there were any who understood, who sought, inquired after and desperately required God. 3. Every one of them has gone back, backslidden and fallen away; they have altogether become filthy and corrupt; there is non who does good, no not one.

A fool  makes a mockery of sin.

Proverb’s 14 : 9 Fools make a mock of sin and sin mocks the fools who are its victims….

A fool despises instruction

Proverbs 1 : 7 ….fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Fools are self deceivers

Proverbs 14 : 8 The Wisdom, Godly Wisdom which is COMPREHENSIVE INSIGHT INTO THE WAYS AND PURPOSES OF GOD of the prudent , is to understand His way, but THE FOLLY OF SELF CONFIDENT FOOLS IS TO DECIEVE.

Fools walk in darkness

Ecc 2 : 14 The wise mans eyes are in his head but the fool walks in darkness

Fools hate to depart from evil

Proverbs 13 : 19….it is abomination to fools to depart from evil.

Fools are  contentious

Proverbs 18 : 6 A self confident fool’s lips bring contention, and his mouth invites a beating.

There are many more characteristics of a fool to be found in the scriptures.

After reading the teachings shared with us from Ray, I have been blessed to have recieved another definition of a fool.....one who believes they have free will!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.