bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please pray for me  (Read 4267 times)

longhorn

Please pray for me
« on: September 12, 2006, 05:08:56 PM »

Im am going through a real dry place for some time now.  I used to be an alcoholic.  Enough said. 

Love in Christ

Longhorn

chuckusa

Re: Please pray for me
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 05:52:42 PM »

Longhorn,

Unfortunately, I've been to that "place" myself.

I will pray that God will give you his strength, to replace yours. That is a tough road to walk alone, so don't. I'm always here, pm for my number if you need it... 24/7

God bless Longhorn, and thank you for sharing this.

Your brother,Chuck

Kat

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 08:12:17 PM »

Hi Longhorn,

I haven't had that perticular problem, but will certainly pray for you.

Peter 5:10  And God, the giver of all grace, who has called you to share His eternal glory, through Christ, after you have suffered for a short time, will Himself make you perfect, firm, and strong.

I take this short time to mean, our life is short.

James 4:14  whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. What is your life? For ye are a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

MG

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 08:49:31 PM »

Hi Longhorn,

I was in a dry place for 10 long years. God taught me so much truth and brought me out of the church and healed so many things within me and then he was just completely silent for 10 years. It was very hard to endure. I will be praying for you.

2 Corinthians 4
17 For our light affliction, which is for the moment, worketh for us more and more exceedingly an eternal weight of glory;
18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Romans 1
 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is revealed a righteousness of God from faith unto faith: as it is written, But the righteous shall live by faith.

2 Corinthians 5
6 Being therefore always of good courage, and knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord
7 (for we walk by faith, not by sight);

Philippians 1
6 being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ

Revelation 3
10 Because thou didst keep the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of trial, that hour which is to come upon the whole world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 I come quickly: hold fast that which thou hast, that no one take thy crown.
12 He that overcometh, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go out thence no more: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God, and mine own new name.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 09:19:47 PM by MG »

buddyjc

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 01:04:19 PM »

It was in a desert that the angel of the Lord spoke to Moses out of a flame in a bush.  It was in a desert that Christ was tempted before he began His ministry.  It was in a desert the children of Israel learned to obey God before going into the promised land.  All these deserts!  It seems God always brings us into a very dry place before doing something great in our lives.  In 1 Kings 19, Elijah was running for his life and found himself in the wilderness wanting to die, and it was there that he heard the 'still small voice' of God.  Don't miss the still small voice Longhorn.  God wants to show you something, and I truly believe that He has placed you where you are for a reason.  I will pray for you daily.  I have been to that dry place, and I believe we all have at some point.  Be blessed my brother and remember you are loved by God and all of us here.

Your Brother,
Brian

Caralis

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 09:28:55 AM »

You make a very good point.  When God tests us, he often does so for a reason. 8)

I may log a prayer request of my own in the near future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.