bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sovereignty of God  (Read 4243 times)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Sovereignty of God
« on: September 13, 2006, 08:44:23 AM »

I was reading one of my favourite books, Robinson Crusoe, the other day, and came across this. What a smart fellow that Crusoe was...

"What is the earth and sea, of which I have seen so much? Whence is it produced, and what am I, and all the other creatures, wild and tame, human and brutal, whence are we?
  Sure we are all by some secret Power who formed the earth and sea, the air and sky; and who is that?
  Then it followed most naturally, it is God that has made it all. Well, but then it came on strangely; if God has made all these things, He guides and governs them all, and all things that concern them; for the Power that could make all things must certainly have power to guide and direct them.
  If so, nothing can happen in the great circuit of His works, either without His knowledge or appointment.
 And if nothing happens without His knowledge, He knows that I am here and am in this dreadful condition; and if nothing happens without His appointment, He has appointed all this to befall me.
  Nothing occurred to my thoughts to contradict any of these conclusions; and therefore it rested upon me with the greater force that it must needs be, that God had appointed all this to befall me; that I was brought to this miserable circumstance by His direction, He having the sole power, not of me only, but of everything that happened in the world."

Robinson Crusoe written by Daniel DeFoe
 published in Penguin Popular Classics 1994, pp. 93-94

mongoose

Re: Sovereignty of God
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 12:31:56 PM »

That's cool Extol.  I've read that book several times and never noticed that...

mongoose

gmik

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 05:01:29 PM »

WoW!!! That helps me so much. 

Last night my husband was in a car accident.  He is OK but the lady in the other car didn't make it. she died at the scene.  We were all shook, but the knowledge of God's Sovereignty brought such peace!!

Thank you.

gena

mongoose

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 05:43:54 PM »

Oh Gena.  I'm so sorry to hear that.  Please give my condolences and love to your husband.

mongoose
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.