bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reconciliation, Salvation, Restoration  (Read 5253 times)

Layla

Reconciliation, Salvation, Restoration
« on: September 13, 2006, 02:37:43 PM »

Reconciliation

2Cr 5:18 And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

I believe this scriptpure declares that it is God who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ. I don't see any indication that the work of reconciliation was by God in Jesus Christ and those who recieve the reconciliation for it to be finished.

I believe the work of reconciliation is finished.

Jhn 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Finished means completed...nothing more needs to be done...the reconciliation was complete. All have been reconciled (though we do not see the manifestation of it), nonetheless it is done.

I believe this scripture supports that there is no believe on anyone's part that must occur in order for the work of reconciliation to be finished. For how can anyone who is an "enemy" take part of the reconciliation through belief? This scripture clearly stated the work of reconciliation was done "when we were enemies."

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Thus, I disagree with a doctrine that says the reconciliation is not made until one accepts it for this places the work of the reconciliation on the believer. The acceptance of the finished work of reconciliation, imo, falls under the category of salvation.

Thus, imo, the receiving of the finished work of reconciliation is unto salvation. Not the receiving of Jesus Christ unto reconciliation, for the reconciliation is finished, but unto salvation.

Salvation

I believe that we must receive Jesus Christ and the finished work of reconciliation in order to be saved. However, any rejection of Jesus Christ in no way makes void the reconciliation which He made on our behalf. The rejection of the finished work of reconciliation makes void salvation (not the reconciliation) for the one who rejects the work of Christ.

I do agree that not all shall be saved in this age. I have never said that the wicked who die in their wicked state without repentance have attained salvation. It is obvious that wicked men have lived and died without accepting Christ and thus they did not attain to salvation in their lifetime, but shall be resurrected to judgment. I do not believe that judgment is annihiliation nor do I limit God's purposes and plans to this age.

Salvation then is the acceptance of the finished work of reconciliation.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Restoration

I understand that the restoration if the full manifestation of the finished work of reconciliation. There is a result to be manifested as a result of this reconciliation and that is a restoration of all things. I believe the reconciliation was in order to restore creation and all that is in it to God the Father. There is to be a visible manifestation of this reconciliation and it is the restoration of all things.

1Cr 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

This was stated to me after I stated my beliefs above:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

In fact Paul continues to pray that the unsaved would be reconciled to God. This proves there being two parts to this. God has completed reconciliation on his side but we also must be "reconciled to God".

If the reconciliation was fully complete as I believe you have stated then there would be no need of its ministry, nor need of anyone to hear of it since it would have been complete and is not dependant upon anyone to know of it or agree to it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another translation:

18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,
19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation.
20 For Christ, then, are we ambassadors, as of God entreating through us. We are beseeching for Christ's sake, "Be conciliated to God!"

it appears to me that these scriptures declare that the reconciling was of the world by God in Christ (His work - finished). And further, that the reconciliation has been accomplished by God in Jesus Christ, but that there is a ministry for those who receive the reconciliation (salvation) to go forth and proclaim it (the finished work) in order that others may receive it (salvation).

It appears to me that Paul is not praying that they be reconciled (as if they need to partake in the work of reconciliation in order for it to be finished), but rather is proclaiming the reconciliation (in order for those who receive it attain salvation).

Is anyone aware of any scripture that I have failed to consider that might alter my understanding?

Peace,
Layla

buddyjc

Re: Reconciliation, Salvation, Restoration
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 01:39:41 PM »

Hello Layla,

In Romans 5:8 the word 'reconciled' is translated from the Gr. 'katallasso' which is actually the word 'conciled.'  The Gr. word for 'reconciled' is 'apokatallasso.' (See Col. 1:20) Reconciliation is the relationship fully restored.  Conciliation describes the correspondense to reconcile.  The work of the cross was God's message to mankind that He loves and forgives man, but not all men recognize this as of yet.  God from the beginning has conciled man in His heart, and planned to send His messenger (Christ). 

1Pe 1:19  But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

1Pe 1:20  Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.