bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what if  (Read 7333 times)

eutychus

what if
« on: March 25, 2006, 10:13:56 PM »

i dont mean this in a bad way, just an examination.

if a awsome teacher suddenly changed his stance on something

like say, ummm er  death, and soul sleep, etc.

who would automatically follow???

stella

what if
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 10:18:11 PM »

Do not take this wrong but only a fool would follow mans teachings.

Regardless of how awesome the man is.

Unless of course the man was Jesus himself.

stella

eutychus

what if
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 10:19:13 PM »

Quote from: stella

stella

not taken wrong at all sweet one, good answer

be blessed
chuckt

shibboleth

what if
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 01:28:04 PM »

There are many things about God I still don't know yet. If I get any kind of inclination in my spirit that I haven't truth on a subject, I just say so. I believe I have been brought too far now to ever go back to following a mans teaching. If I find that my studies lead me totally opposite of what a teacher writes, I have to follow what I am being led to believe.
I am not afraid to say I don't know. The trouble with too many teachers, and people they teach is they are afraid to admit to being wrong. what would happen to all the faith teachers, prophesy teachers, hellfire teachers, trinity teachers, if they admitted being wrong? They'd be out of a job and out of the church in record time.
How can you ever unknow truth? Once God shows you truth, it is like a precious jewel. And knowing truth also means going through a lot of dirt and rubble to "find the pearl of great price."
It's too late to turn back now. We have been given eyes to see and ears to hear.

eutychus

what if
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 01:34:29 PM »

Mar 8:24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

eyes are being opened, for me anyway.

love
chuckt

Peacetroll

what if
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 02:05:42 PM »

Philippians 3:13-15
 13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

It depends on wether their foundation changed.  My foundation Is Jesus Christ the Manifest image of the Most High.  The Father is Love and Mercy, justice as well.  His works are so far above us, who can question or council him?  Only he can lead, and wherever he leads, we must follow.

Peacetroll.

P.S.
1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

What is a man?

eutychus

what if
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 02:06:35 PM »

Quote from: Peacetroll
 13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

It depends on wether their foundation changed.  My foundation Is Jesus Christ the Manifest image of the Most High.  The Father is Love and Mercy, justice as well.  His works are so far above us, who can question or council him?  Only he can lead, and wherever he leads, we must follow.

Peacetroll.

AMEN

Peacetroll

what if
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 02:09:31 PM »

You and I know that we can both expound our knowledge (God leading).  Regardless, i above many am guilty of eating too much honey (trying to make out that foggy image in that looking glass, eyes sometimes get tired).  So good in the mouth, so bitter in my belly, sometimes better to leave more for another day?!!

Peace to you Brother.

rvhill

what if
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 02:26:10 PM »

Quote from: stella

stella

Since Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. I Don't really think he would or could change his stance on anything. That like saying God has gone to plan B, C, or D.

rvhill

what if
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 02:27:51 PM »

Quote from: Peacetroll

Peacetroll.

P.S.
1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

What is a man?

Amen

eutychus

what if
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 02:34:26 PM »

What is a man?[/quote]

oops missed this,

matured inChrist the SON OF MAN

Ecc 7:28 Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.

one man Christ  

Luk 23:14 Said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people: and, behold, I, having examined [him] before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him

Peacetroll

what if
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 03:08:44 PM »

John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

When this happends, wether one be male or female, old or young, they are born afresh, a new person, a spiritual "MAN".

As Jesus said..

Mark 3:
31There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.

32And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.

33And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?

34And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

35For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Hebrews 2:11
For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Being a Brother or Sister in Christ means everything.  Being in Christ is to be in Man, thereby a Son or Daughter of Man.

John 17:25-27 (King James Version)
25O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

26And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

John 8:28
Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Jesus declared his name, you must be in him to enter the Kingdom, no other way given in scripture.  In God is to be In Man, is to be a Brother or Sister of Christ.  

Who will have all Men to be saved and come unto the knowledge of the Truth.

Forgive others, Love Justice and walk humbly with Jesus Christ in hopes of being worthy to be a Son or Daughter of Man (wether by heir or a Servant). *THE HIGH MARK*

Peace.

jennie

John 14:23
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 03:20:04 PM »

Just wondering if the word "if" in the verse denotes choice.

rvhill

Re: John 14:23
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 03:31:27 PM »

Quote from: jennie

It most likely just a branch statement.

eutychus

Re: John 14:23
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 03:33:28 PM »

Quote from: jennie

this will help you:

being that, as , wether...etc.

Ean None
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
eh-an'      Conjunction

Definition
if, in case

example john 14 :23

Joh 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

, in the case of a man loving me he will attend carfully to my words.......

jennie

what if
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 03:34:48 PM »

Thank You!

Peacetroll

what if
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 03:49:21 PM »

How can anyone be "not of God"?

Is not all flesh from God?  Are all spirits from God??  Who's image are we in?  Light or Darkness?  What is the image?  The Body or the Spirit (Inward man)??

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

And is it the persons fault if God gives the ears to hear and the eyes to see?

Why make one vessel for honor and one for destruction?

Peace.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.