bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody remember Steven Wright?  (Read 4878 times)

hillsbororiver

Anybody remember Steven Wright?
« on: September 13, 2006, 08:25:29 PM »

Steven Wright 01

You know how it is when you're reading a book and falling asleep, you're reading, reading . . . And all of a sudden you notice your eyes are closed? I'm like that all the time.

Last night, I walked up to this beautiful woman in a bar and asked her, "Do you live around here often?" She said, "You're wearing two different colored socks." I said, "Yes, but to me they're the same because I go by thickness." Then she asked, "How do you feel?" and I said, "Well, you know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time."

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Lots of comedians have people they try to mimic. I mimic my shadow.

I got a new shadow. I had to get rid of the other one . . . It wasn't doing what I was doing.

I was once walking through the forest alone. A tree fell right in front of me--and I didn't hear it.

I wrote a song, but I can't read music so I don't know what it is. Every once in a while I'll be listening to the radio and I say, "I think I might have written that."

He asked me if I knew what time it was. I said, "Yes, but not right now."

I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension.

a_child_of_God

Re: Anybody remember Steven Wright?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 11:54:56 PM »

Humor!! I love it!!!

Those are funny. Especially the one about the time.

Ruth

gmik

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 12:41:14 AM »

I think he is hilarious.

Sorin & Rodger posted some of his a while back.

Joe, I think you are still sky high from the conference!! ;D

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 09:41:36 AM »

Thank you Ruth! Gena, you are absolutely correct, the Conference recharged my spiritual batteries big time. The presentations made by Ray, the fellowship of my Brothers and Sisters, but most of all the presence of the Spirit was at times overwhelming.

I was looking forward to the next one the minute this one ended.

Hie Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

SandyFla

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 11:49:08 AM »

I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension.

I gotta remember that one! :)

Sandy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.