bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going to Church  (Read 6372 times)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Going to Church
« on: September 14, 2006, 03:40:57 PM »

Hello friends,
 Since I've been learning the marvelous truths of God I have not been going to church any longer. My parents are worried about me and insist that the Scriptures clearly command that we go to church. I am more joyful and spiritually stronger than ever, and when I tell my Mom this, she says "I'm glad to hear that, but I wonder how you can be so strong spiritually when you are not obeying basic commands like going to church and tithing." I have told her I don't believe what the Church teaches, but I have not gone into any detail, as I know she would not believe any of it. Anyways, I believe the verse my Mom is talking about is Heb. 10:25, which talks about not forsaking assembling together. I don't believe this is talking about going to a man-made church on Sundays. Are there any Scriptures I could give my mom that support my leaving the Church? I'm sure the "come out of her my people" interpretation would make her even more worried and upset. Is it hopeless to try and explain to her at this time? Has Ray written anything about the subject of leaving Church?
Thanks
 Extol:)

YellowStone

Re: Going to Church
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 04:38:43 PM »

Isobell, thanks for posting those words from Ray (well at least the link to them) ;)

Extol,

Like many if not all here, I spent many, many years trying to "fit" in at church, any church. Happily, it never happened and I had abandoned them before finding - Bible Truth's.

I feel such a part of this place; this forum is my church and everytime I read a post and not respond, I am still assembling as I relate my life experiences with all that is sahred here. Although, I believed much of what I have read of what has been posted by Ray and you all, before even finding this place; I cannot believe the number of "simple" truths that God has allowed me to see. Truth to tell, some were not so simple, and I have had to do much soul-searching and scripture rereading to gain understanding. The revelation is still just as profound and I am always struck with awe, because I never "got" anything from any from the "church."

You are right, I don't think your mom would understand if you just out-and-out told her, but I think the changes in you will plant their own seeds. God has a plan for each one of us, and the fun really begins when we put all of trust in him, give him control of our llife (as if he never had it) and then take a step back and enjoy the ride; seeing and feeling things as never before. People notice, they really do.

Thank you God, for never foresaking anyone of us.

Darren

Kat

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 06:06:33 PM »

Hi Extol,

Your Mom does not understand, and is concerned about you.
Church doctrines are all the traditions of man.
It would be good if you could read up, on a perticular point,
and get a few scriptures in your mind (write yourself notes if need be),
then talk to your Mom.
She would have a lot more respect for your beliefs, if you back them up with scripture.

Here are a few e-mails from Ray's site, that might help you.

http://bible-truths.com/email10.htm#cake

http://bible-truths.com/email16.htm#worship

http://bible-truths.com/email16.htm#physical

http://bible-truths.com/email17.htm#trinity

It's a long hard walk (race) but worth all it takes  :) .

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 06:42:50 PM »

Hi extol,
Giving a few secrets here, i am 48yrs old and my mum thinks it wrong that i now don't go to church. When i found this site, like most of us here, it was like a coming home. I tried to tell my mum what the Lord was now revealing,but, truth brings peace. Just continue and study and trust in the Lord, don't try to MAKE her see, only He can do that. BUT, let her see God in you, the peace in you and He will draw her.
sansmile
Walk in the Spirit

snorky

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 07:51:58 PM »

Actually, this place IS my real "church"!  --snorky  ;)

Bill

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 08:41:58 PM »

which talks about not forsaking assembling together. I don't believe this is talking about going to a man-made church on Sundays.

"assembling together" Does not equal a going to some man made building every sunday.

Coming out of Babylon is a life long process. 

Good luck and God bless.

Bill

gmik

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 05:09:53 PM »

which talks about not forsaking assembling together. I don't believe this is talking about going to a man-made church on Sundays.

"assembling together" Does not equal a going to some man made building every sunday.

Coming out of Babylon is a life long process. 

Good luck and God bless\

Bill

THat really helps---a life long process!

ned

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 01:41:28 AM »

Hi Extol,
I had the exact same issue with my mother. Now, she is a catholic and doesn't read the bible on her own, so even when I quoted scripture, it didn't mean alot to her...but where I come to peace with it is I just love and honour her as Jesus commands, and am thankful that Jesus warned us of this exact trial;

Luk 12:49-53  "I came to set fire to the earth, and I wish it were already on fire!  I am going to be put to a hard test. And I will have to suffer a lot of pain until it is over. Do you think that I came to bring peace to earth? No indeed! I came to make people choose sides. A family of five will be divided, with two of them against the other three. Fathers and sons will turn against one another, and mothers and daughters will do the same. Mothers-in-law and daughters-in-law will also turn against each other." (Contemporary English Version)

Be of comfort, Jesus is with us through this.
Love,
Marie

chuckusa

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 03:08:46 PM »

Hello all,

My family has experienced this division as indicated in scriture. My wife and her mother now have absolutely nothing left. God completely and totally divided them. It has been one of the hardest things in her life to accept.

To see this process take place from beginning to end, is amazing. The steady, progressive, and deliberate steps that God took to accomplish his purpose within these two peoples lives is almost indescribable.

Here is how I see them:

My wifes mother is an extremely carnal christian. She doesn't know the truth, and doesn't want to. She is getting worse every day.

My wife is awakening to the truth, she is changing and getting better every day. It is truly a miracle.

I don't understand why it had to be this way, but I know that since it happened, my wife has changed for the better, and has in doing so, exposed her mother for what she really is. Perhaps this is the key for her mother to begin HER change. We hope so. I am not questioning it, I only regret the pain and suffering that has come out of all of this.

I do know this...anytime the flesh is torn, there is pain, and out of this pain comes growth and the fullfillment of Gods true purposes.

Love,
Chuck

gmik

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 10:33:39 PM »

I don't know which is better (or worse)- to have a mom that at least is in the ecclesia or to have an agnostic mom.

Now that my mom has alzheimers there is no way to make her see anything.  I had 30 years of talking my head to a brick wall, arguments, not talking for months etc etc.  So now that I know the truth (well, as much as I can know- I wasn't bragging), I can't tell her anything, BUT I know she will be saved- what a joy.  Imagine, I thought she was doomed to hell fire, all the while me telling her a bunch of lies.  That was the Lord's walk for the both of us and it had to be that way.

PS  I said ecclesia cuz I am listening to Ray's tapes and the church has been called out and then the Ek close (?) is called out from that. I am taking notes and will go to e sword to get the spelling correct.

PPS.  Coming out of Babylon is a very spiritual thing.  Walking into a brick building is a physical thing.  It doesn't have to be the SAME thing.

Love,
gena
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.