bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: why do people hate?  (Read 5445 times)

jerry

why do people hate?
« on: September 14, 2006, 11:15:43 PM »

My daughter came home from school after her first day and opened her history book and found a small peice of paper that asked the question,why do people hate?  >:( .........Jerry

orion77

Re: why do people hate?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 01:08:59 AM »

Hello Jerry,

I would say that note came from a young child who was the brunt of senseless hatred.  Obviously whoever wrote it was hated for no reason they could see.  Jesus said we will be hated by all men for His namesake.

For God putting us through that hatred only because we know of the love of God, must have a lesson.  He does not do anything in vain, nor puts us through anything without a purpose.  I don't think we can know of the consequences of hatred without being on the end of the one being hated. 

One of the greatest lessons to learn is to forgive those hating us without a reason, simply because they do not know what they do.  Also, because we can remember, that at times in our lives, we also have done wrong to others without due cause. 

Love in this world is a much harder thing to do, than hatred.  Seems hatred is easy, it's everywhere, and easy to follow, much more acceptable.  Love takes work, like a garden, if you want a good harvest, it takes work.

God bless,

Gary

snorky

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 01:02:32 PM »

It is especially hard to love (and takes a conscious effort when it comes to some individuals) and easy to hate these days when it is as if we are inculcated to hate various groups. These days its Arabs and/or Islamics. In other times, other ethnics or racism or religious groups or "sexual orientations" or whatever. People hate because it's easy and because God has hardened their hearts for His purpose. You think all these so-called Christians hate Arabs and Islamics (and say they love Jews, but then again since they believe in the rapture they are damning as part of that 2/3 of the world's Jews to death and destruction which is why they want all Jews in Israel) for no reason? God has hardened their hearts, and God has given them strong delusion as well because they know not the truth that GOD IS LOVE!

snorky

mongoose

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 01:07:12 PM »

They just don't know there is a better way.

jennie

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 02:43:42 PM »

Unfortunately it seems that hate is so widespread in this world we live in. My step-father was a very cruel man. He hated me because of my resemblance to my Daddy and my last name. I couldn't understand it then and I sure don't know. One thing I have learned is that most of the time those who hate are miserable in their own selves and try to take others down with them as a means of making themselves feel better. I don't know how to tell you to deal with it but just know that we all are treated hatefully from time to time and that you are in my prayers for God to help in this. Much love, Jennie

SandyFla

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 02:47:59 PM »

Some people are harder to love than others. I've heard that we are to hate sin but love the sinner. That is not easy to do. There is a very thin line between what people do and who they are. How can you separate the two? That is part of my struggle right now. God's got some work to do in me yet.

Sandy

chuckusa

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 03:54:27 PM »

Sandy,

You said it right.

ITS TOUGH SOMETIMES. Another line is... what they are, and what they will be. They are works in progress, just like everyone. I find comfort in seeing that line (what I WAS) getting further and further away, becoming more distant. I am in awe of the fact that I am building history on the right side of the line. But it wasn't always that way. I have incredible regrets.

Unfortunately some people live right on the line, or below the line. I feel for them, I pray for them, I love them...but I stay AWAY from them.

Sandy, God has work to do in ALL of us, and I guess that is my point somewhat. I see these people who hate as unfinished paintings. I take a glance, but never buy. They aren't yet ready for display. They are just potential....as we all are at some point in our lives. Christ buys us at different times, in different ways, but he will eventually take us all home.

Peace,
chuck

mongoose

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 05:19:47 PM »

Christ buys us at different times, in different ways, but he will eventually take us all home.

Every time I think something like this, it fills me with such joy that I want to shout out loud!  :D  :D  :D  :D   God is awesome!!!

mongoose

Layla

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 05:35:32 PM »

Wow Jerry that is sad that someone put that note in your daughter's book.  I have to wonder where it came from...I would suppose a fellow student....that breaks my heart that a child is out there experiencing hate.  I would have to say people hate because they have failed to experience the love of God.

Peace,
Layla

YellowStone

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 05:53:32 PM »

Quote from Sandy:

Some people are harder to love than others. I've heard that we are to hate sin but love the sinner. That is not easy to do. There is a very thin line between what people do and who they are. How can you separate the two? That is part of my struggle right now. God's got some work to do in me yet.

[/b]

You bring up some very interesting points Sandy.

Some people do seem so much harder to love than others, and like you say, it is often very difficult to love the sinner. But there are several factors at play here that kind of put things into perspective if looked at from a different angle.

First, we only respond to love and kindness because God has so graciously put these emotions in our hearts. However, it the same way God has placed evil, terror and hatred in the hearts of others and to even more, just cold indifference. We must never forget that it is God that is directing our every step, and the steps of others - even the evil. Why then do we fill anger to such as these? Should we not feel sorrow? I feel we should feel neither; instead we should listen to God in our hearts and thanking him for allowing us to "see" and "feel" the difference between good and evil.

I am convinced that we have only an inkling of "good" and likewise, we cannot know true "evil," although it is reasonable that we are closer to evil because we are of our father the devil.

Jhn 8:44
  • Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So why has God chosen us to see the difference between good and evil? Surely, it is not so that we can judge, look down on or hate; but rather, so that we may learn.

Of course, the line gets a little blurry here: Are we learning of our own accord or is God allowing us to learn? Well God must take the credit, although sometimes the lessons are tough and we feel that we have gone through almost hell, before the light begins to shine. That leaves only one thing, the evil doers are helping us learn of God and the things to come, for they are doing the will of God for our benefit.

For what other reason can their be? There is nothing to be gained by hating such as these, other than realizing that such feelings exist and then thanking God for this knowledge and then asking him for a loving heart and understanding spirit.

Sandy I hope this makes sense :)

With Love,
Darren
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 05:55:23 PM by YellowStone »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.