bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, My name is Howard  (Read 6127 times)

Howard

Hello, My name is Howard
« on: September 15, 2006, 12:38:33 PM »

Hello i'm Howard, a good friend of Shane(who just posted here a couple of days ago)

After Shane was reveiled the tuths of God from a book, he proposed a question to me a couple weeks later. The question, if God could save everyone would he? Boy, that was quite a question, we talked about it for a couple of months then He moved and the subject kinda went on the back burner. Funny how God turns the burner up more and more to get you thinking about things.Shane then gave an e-mail address to bible truths, I visited here a couple of times and started reading. Then how do you say it? The flood gates opened, the sky opened up, something clicked....PEACE, I felt such a release from me, God was doing something wonderful and I can honestly say for the first time in my christian walk I am a Follower of Christ. The word makes sense now, and I thank God for Ray for the truths he has brought forth! And now here I am posting this to fellowship with my fellow heretics ;D, I am looking foward to get to know more of you. God Bless.
Howard

mongoose

Re: Hello, My name is Howard
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 01:21:27 PM »

Awesome testimoy Howard!  Welcome to the forum.

Mongoose

Kat

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 02:03:13 PM »

Hi Howard,

It is good to have you here.
When God opens our eyes and we began to see His truth,
there is no way to describe how great that feeling is.
Join in, we are all learning here.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

chuckusa

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 04:02:23 PM »

Hi Howard,

Absolute proof that quite often, God works through us, to bring someone to the truth.

Welcome, and God bless. (give Shane a big hug from me!)

Your brother,
chuck

gmik

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 05:13:36 PM »

Welcome Howard!  What fun to have someone you already know on the forum.  You will get to know us really quick.  Your testimony was right on!!

God Bless ;D
Gena

YellowStone

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 07:43:08 PM »

Welcome Howard,

Isn't it wonderful how we all walk alone with God, but we can share our experiences.

Thanks so much for sharing yours.

Darren

orion77

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 12:06:16 AM »

Welcome Howard to the forum.

It is good to walk in the light of the day, my brother.

God bless,

Gary

ned

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 01:09:19 AM »

Hi Howard!
I'd like to welcome you to our forum.
What a joy we have to fellowship with Christ in the centre!
Your sister in Christ,
Marie

Layla

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 02:09:46 AM »

Hi Howard

Praise our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is so merciful to us !  Isn't He wonderful!  Welcome to the forum! 

Peace,
Layla

buddyjc

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 05:43:02 AM »

Hello Howard,

That was awesome!  It's good to have you with us.

Be Blessed,
Brian

Beloved

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 06:50:51 PM »

Welcome Howard

(2Pe 1:2 KJVR) 
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

Glad that you came to fellowship. It is nice that you have Shane to study with.  It is great that the internet has allowed us all to gather together at least in spirit.

Beloved     

(Psa 136:26 KJVR)  O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth forever.

aktikt

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 07:51:18 PM »

Welcome Howard. It really is amazing how we can all tell that same story of having our eyes opened and seeing the light for the first time. 

I also noticed that God seems to work in twos as you have experienced.  Ray and Mike (although I know there's been a falling out).  My brother and I. You and your brother.

Here's a verse that speaks of that:

Sgs 6:6 Thy teeth [are] as a flock of sheep which go up from the washing, whereof every one beareth twins, and [there is] not one barren among them.

Again welcome to the forum.

Josh
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Shane

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 10:42:49 AM »

Howie,

I checked my email this morning and got your message that you'd signed up for this forum. Now 1500 miles doesn't seem so far. Glad that our common beliefs will keep us in touch. I have finished reading the purpose of the ressurection by jones. Good read, does alot to clear up the state of the dead. I shared with my middle school students that Jesus calls many to be his apprentices. The purpose of the apprentice is to watch the master for the purpose of becoming like him. Then i told them about the age of ages a thousand years when jesus reigns and those who would reign with Him. So far no fallout from parents. Anyway see ya later.

shane

TRUTHSEEKER

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 05:38:33 PM »

Hello Howard,

That question of if God can save everyone, would he really made me think for a moment.  That is a very intelligent and thought provoking question.  May God continue to bless you as you fellowship with everyone here at Bible truths.

joyful1

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »

:) Hello Howard...sorry I missed your first post way back in September....trying to catch up on my reading here at the site...
Welcome ( a little late! sorry) and how are things going now?  Are you feeling the heat from friends and relatives ? Do you or did you belong to a church? How is that going for you? joyful1

gmik

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 07:20:54 PM »

Hey Shane & Howard!!  Are you guys still here? Hope so.  Reading is good, posting is good, its all good!

God Bless,
gena

Howard

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 02:27:27 PM »

Hey I'm still here! I work at a church as a sound man, I don't attend here,it's just a job for now until the Lord calls me else where. I will try to post more often. I'm trying to read as much on this site as I can, WOW there's alot! Thanks for checking up on me, you all are wonderful for doing that, I work at a church where we don't do that. I have caught some heat from my mens group, they think I'm going down the wrong path.Well thats fine because, Mat 7:14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. I'm praying that God open up the door to them, like he did me. We will see.

Howard ;D

joyful1

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 11:20:48 AM »

God be with you Howard, as you go through what I believe most eveyone here has also experienced...and that is the persecution from your closest friends and relatives. I've been told that I have been "led astray by a wolf in sheep's clothing" and that both Ray and I will burn in hell but that he will burn hotter because he was the one leading me astray."  (all very comforting, you know! )  ::)
They won't believe what you tell them unless He makes it possible for them to see it.  It's just the way things are! One thing is for sure; you cannot deny the Truth! There comes a point where the Spirit of God within you bears witness to your spirit that you are a child of God.  And when the truth is being revealed...the Truth within you says; YES! That's it!

I also read, usually without posting, every time that I come here.  The posts often ask and answer questions that I have had myself.  Also, re-reading the Lake of Fire series often helps pull together the many facets of this wonderful and very "free-ing" gospel of the Kingdom!
take care
joyful 1
:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.