bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sin?  (Read 7579 times)

nightmare sasuke

Sin?
« on: March 15, 2006, 10:13:18 PM »

Do we sin by our own human nature, or as a result of spirtual influence? God does not tempt man, right?

rvhill

Re: Sin?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 05:15:01 AM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
Do we sin by our own human nature, or as a result of spirtual influence? God does not tempt man, right?

I don't believe so.

Do you understand what sin is? Sin is missing the mark. You take a test you, and miss one question you have sin. That not to belittle sin. It just to show you how prevalent sin is. That said though there is only one true sin, Pride.

Genesis 3:4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

The serpent  is telling the woman you can be as thou are God. This the nature of Pride.

Another way to look at it is, if, you were spirit, what if any sin you could still do? The answer is only Pride.

Why did Jesus have to die for our sin? So we may have grace. Why is Jesus the way and only way? Grace is the only way to over come Pride. If you can be saved by the law or virtue, then you have a right to be prideful.  Your smallest sin can not be overcome by the greatest deed you could ever do.  It is not your will but God will.

So to answer you question no one temps us to sin. Our own pride lead us in to sin.

Steve Crook

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 10:06:26 AM »

Quote from: rvhill

I don't believe so.

Do you understand what sin is? Sin is missing the mark. You take a test you, and miss one question you have sin. That not to belittle sin. It just to show you how prevalent sin is. That said though there is only one true sin, Pride.

Genesis 3:4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

The serpent  is telling the woman you can be as thou are God. This the nature of Pride.

Another way to look at it is, if, you were spirit, what if any sin you could still do? The answer is only Pride.

Why did Jesus have to die for our sin? So we may have grace. Why is Jesus the way and only way? Grace is the only way to over come Pride. If you can be saved by the law or virtue, then you have a right to be prideful.  Your smallest sin can not be overcome by the greatest deed you could ever do.  It is not your will but God will.

So to answer you question no one temps us to sin. Our own pride lead us in to sin.

The Lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life.....all cause sin. Anything NOT OF FAITH is Sin.

roperfam

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 10:44:48 AM »

I don't believe so.

I believe we need to distinguish between sin and sins (see my other post).  In Leviticus, there was a sin offering, and a trespass offering, for two different things (our sin, and our sins).

Psa 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

I dont' understand this fully, still learning; but from my perspective there is a difference between sin (our flesh nature, not joined to Christ); and sins (deeds of unrighteousness, strengthened/empowered by the law).  

The article by Andrew Jukes on Mikes site re: the Offerings is very helpful, but I need to reread.

djbeeler

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 11:06:57 AM »

Quote from: Steve Crook
Anything NOT OF FAITH is Sin.

This is the key. Christ came and raised the bar from the physical to the spiritual where sin is concerned.

Rom 14:23   And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because [he eateth] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin.

With God's love and peace,

P.S. Mike has removed all of the Jukes articles from his website.

roperfam

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 11:39:14 AM »

Quote from: djbeeler
Anything NOT OF FAITH is Sin.

This is the key. Christ came and raised the bar from the physical to the spiritual where sin is concerned.

Rom 14:23   And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because [he eateth] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin.

With God's love and peace,

P.S. Mike has removed all of the Jukes articles from his website.

I didn't realize the Jukes articles had been removed.  Thanks for letting me know.  

I agree that anything not of faith is sin.  

1Jo 5:4  because every one who is begotten of God doth overcome the world, and this is the victory that did overcome the world--our faith;

What I struggle with is reconciling these verses.  How do you all see it.  

1Jo 1:8  if we may say--`we have not sin,' ourselves we lead astray, and the truth is not in us;

1Jo 1:10  if we may say--`we have not sinned,' a liar we make Him, and His word is not in us.

and now these verses

1Jo 3:6  every one who is remaining in him doth not sin; every one who is sinning, hath not seen him, nor known him.

1Jo 3:9  every one who hath been begotten of God, sin he doth not, because his seed in him doth remain, and he is not able to sin, because of God he hath been begotten.

1Jo 5:17  all unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not unto death.

1Jo 5:18  We have known that every one who hath been begotten of God doth not sin, but he who was begotten of God doth keep himself, and the evil one doth not touch him;

Chris R

hi
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 11:52:36 AM »

Hi Laren

Good questions,

Here is how I see it now;

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Sin will not have dominion, we will not serve sin, does this then mean we will NOT sin? I wouldnt think so.  But to be sure once converted, we are no longer a slave to sin.

Best way i can explain it

Chris R

rvhill

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 02:41:31 PM »

The Lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life.....all cause sin. Anything NOT OF FAITH is Sin.

Faith in what though? The TBN people have faith in eternal hell, yet this I would say is a sin. I would say that which is not of agape( selfless love) is a sin. God the father is the only source of agape, and the closer you are to him the more you have.  This why I said that Pride is the only real sin. Pride take you away from your father.  Faith in Jesus bring you closer to your father in heaven.

What I mean by agape is: (in the King James they use Charity for agape.)

1 Corinthians 13:4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

rvhill

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 02:47:21 PM »

Quote from: roperfam

I don't believe so.

I believe we need to distinguish between sin and sins (see my other post).  In Leviticus, there was a sin offering, and a trespass offering, for two different things (our sin, and our sins).

Psa 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

I dont' understand this fully, still learning; but from my perspective there is a difference between sin (our flesh nature, not joined to Christ); and sins (deeds of unrighteousness, strengthened/empowered by the law).  

I am not disagreeing with I just wish to point out that pride plays a part in all these things, both of the flesh and of the spirit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 20 queries.