> General Discussions

Sin?

(1/2) > >>

nightmare sasuke:
Do we sin by our own human nature, or as a result of spirtual influence? God does not tempt man, right?

rvhill:

--- Quote from: nightmare sasuke ---Do we sin by our own human nature, or as a result of spirtual influence? God does not tempt man, right?
--- End quote ---

I don't believe so.

Do you understand what sin is? Sin is missing the mark. You take a test you, and miss one question you have sin. That not to belittle sin. It just to show you how prevalent sin is. That said though there is only one true sin, Pride.

Genesis 3:4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

The serpent  is telling the woman you can be as thou are God. This the nature of Pride.

Another way to look at it is, if, you were spirit, what if any sin you could still do? The answer is only Pride.

Why did Jesus have to die for our sin? So we may have grace. Why is Jesus the way and only way? Grace is the only way to over come Pride. If you can be saved by the law or virtue, then you have a right to be prideful.  Your smallest sin can not be overcome by the greatest deed you could ever do.  It is not your will but God will.

So to answer you question no one temps us to sin. Our own pride lead us in to sin.

Steve Crook:

--- Quote from: rvhill ---
--- Quote from: nightmare sasuke ---Do we sin by our own human nature, or as a result of spirtual influence? God does not tempt man, right?
--- End quote ---

I don't believe so.

Do you understand what sin is? Sin is missing the mark. You take a test you, and miss one question you have sin. That not to belittle sin. It just to show you how prevalent sin is. That said though there is only one true sin, Pride.

Genesis 3:4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

The serpent  is telling the woman you can be as thou are God. This the nature of Pride.

Another way to look at it is, if, you were spirit, what if any sin you could still do? The answer is only Pride.

Why did Jesus have to die for our sin? So we may have grace. Why is Jesus the way and only way? Grace is the only way to over come Pride. If you can be saved by the law or virtue, then you have a right to be prideful.  Your smallest sin can not be overcome by the greatest deed you could ever do.  It is not your will but God will.

So to answer you question no one temps us to sin. Our own pride lead us in to sin.
--- End quote ---

The Lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life.....all cause sin. Anything NOT OF FAITH is Sin.

roperfam:

--- Quote from: rvhill ---
--- End quote ---

I don't believe so.

--- End quote ---

I believe we need to distinguish between sin and sins (see my other post).  In Leviticus, there was a sin offering, and a trespass offering, for two different things (our sin, and our sins).

Psa 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

I dont' understand this fully, still learning; but from my perspective there is a difference between sin (our flesh nature, not joined to Christ); and sins (deeds of unrighteousness, strengthened/empowered by the law).  

The article by Andrew Jukes on Mikes site re: the Offerings is very helpful, but I need to reread.

djbeeler:

--- Quote from: Steve Crook --- Anything NOT OF FAITH is Sin.
--- End quote ---

This is the key. Christ came and raised the bar from the physical to the spiritual where sin is concerned.

Rom 14:23   And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because [he eateth] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin.

With God's love and peace,

P.S. Mike has removed all of the Jukes articles from his website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version