bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What makes you cry?  (Read 7549 times)

Caralis

What makes you cry?
« on: September 17, 2006, 08:08:25 PM »

I very rarely cry.  In fact I can remember as a child at school that other kids would sometimes remark that I didn't cry.

Occasionally though I do find my eyes watering, and for the most curious reasons.

For example, a few weeks ago I was reading a magazine in the coffee lounge at my church.  It had a feature on some people who had gone hiking in Wales, and that got me started.  The point was that this was no ordinary hike.  They were walking in the footsteps of Mary Jones, and I suppose that that was what suddenly brought tears to my eyes.  Fortunately I'm not sure anyone noticed.

So many things leave me unmoved, but the idea of someone walking more than twenty miles in pursuit of the word of God did make an impact on me.

angie

Re: What makes you cry?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 10:00:28 PM »

Hi Caralis,

dunno who mary Jones is but we have here with us CHUCK who said [referring to the next bible-truths conference]:

THATS IT....I'm not missing the next one... even if I have to walk there, sleep under a bridge, and eat stale saltines for two days. Money or no money...I'm going!!!

Chuck

I believe him, an this is a lot more than 20 miles! You better start getting hanky supplies and a pair of shades in now!   8)  ;D

Angie
x

gmik

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 10:07:34 PM »

I never know the how & the whys of  when I cry.

The last time I did was last week when my husband got broadsided by a car going too fast on a rainy road.  After about an hour at the side of the road (we had been yakking to passers by, the police, etc. even laughing), the medic came over and said that the lady who hit us had died.  Just like that I started crying-I felt so sad. Then it was over.

Sad things about children & animals will affect me too.

Sometimes meditating on God's goodness & greatness & my smallness will get me going. And of course we know that Jesus wept.

Othertimes, when I feel like I should bcz someone just told me some bad news I don't and then i feel cold.

Angie, now you are FUNNY!!!
gena

longhorn

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 11:38:05 PM »

My bank account.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

buddyjc

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 11:42:18 PM »

My bank account.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Ditto, my brother, ditto!

Brian

gmik

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 12:33:41 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My husband cries when Michigan loses in football!!!!  Not today tho!

Caralis

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 06:47:51 AM »

dunno who mary Jones is ...

In the year 1800, a fifteen year old girl called Mary Jones walked 26 miles to buy a copy of The Bible in Welsh.

mongoose

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 01:28:14 PM »

TV news makes me cry.  The stories about who died.  I can't help but think of all those people who are left to mourn when someone is violently and suddenly taken from them.  They are all someone's child.  The situation in some of the developing nations....same deal really.  We are so wealthy in the US; it just seems so unfair.  Oh, and "Extreme Make-over Home Edition"....sappy, I know.  But, people getting together to help each other.... :'(

Pathetic huh?

mongoose

chuckusa

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 01:42:30 PM »

Mongoose,

Not pathetic, more... Christ-like.

Jesus wept. I know a lot of people who only cry for themselves.

Can you imagine, if Jesus were here in the flesh with us today, how he would react to the world? How could he ever STOP crying? I saw his concern and  display of emotion as strength, not weakness.

Just as you should see yours, don't ya think... :)

Peace,
Chuck

mongoose

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 04:56:10 PM »

Yeah Chuck.  Sorry about that bummer post.  I'm really worried today.  Sick friend (see prayer request).  Thanks for the reminder.....you're right.

mongoose

joyful1

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 08:28:47 PM »

The older I get, the easier it is for me to cry about anything and everything....its unnerving to be without control of one's emotions in public...I have learned to duck my head tightly and shut my eyes so that the tears can't fall until I can turn away in private or pull on my ever ready sunglasses....
One thing that always gets me....is the Word of God...when the Word is read...and the Holy Spirit is calling....my heart burns and my eyes fill....have never been able to stop that one...even when I was young...

and then in the middle of a busy day...suddenly remembering that He is ever present....I am touched in my spirit and cry...

Good grief, Charlie Brown....any other similar boo-hoo-ers out there?  :) joyful (sniff, sniff) ONE

Falconn003

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 12:11:46 AM »

Onions and a bad movie(script) i pay for.

Rodger

buddyjc

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 04:35:21 AM »

I remember the first movie that made me cry.  'Where the Red Fern Grows'  Man there wasn't a dry eye in that whole theatre. 

Brian

buddyjc

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 11:55:02 AM »

When my wife was pregnant, (5 times), she cried about EVERYTHING!  ;D

Brian

chuckusa

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 12:04:37 PM »

Brian,

WOW, that must be it. I cry about everything too. I hope I'm not pregnant, now I'm really scared.... :)

Chuck

buddyjc

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 12:11:36 PM »

I'm concerned about you my friend.  Do your feet swell?  Do you get strange cravings at 2 A.M.?  If so.... I would be worried too!

I remember one time my wife got me up in the wee hours wanting a donut, and there wasn't a single donut in the house.  Sniff! :(

Brian

chuckusa

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 01:05:44 PM »

Brian,

When my wife was pregnant, all I got was the evil eye for 9 months. I became very intimate with the couch. But bless her heart, she brought into the world the sweetest and most loving little girl I've ever seen. Sue never had cravings...more like ravings! Oh those pesky hormones... :) :) :)

Daughters are such a gift from God, as are the sweet wonderful wives who bear them.

God Bless you and yours Brian,
Chuck

buddyjc

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 12:23:46 PM »

Hey Chuck,

I've seen that eye too!  Come to think of it, I don't think she ever got her hormones straightened out since Anna.  I still get that eye every now and then.  :)  I think the cravings have stopped, but then again I do find bags of M&Ms in 'secret' places around the house. 

I agree, children are truly a 'gift' from God.  Oh, and, let's not forget about the wife. ;) 

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 16 queries.