bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Genesis 1:26  (Read 5084 times)

zvezda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Genesis 1:26
« on: September 19, 2006, 12:19:00 AM »

Read this from one of the emails to Ray:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Way back in Genesis....God said in the Bible  Genesis 1-26 "God made man in OUR image"......not "His" or "MY" but "OUR".  Why did the Bible specifically use the word "OUR"?
I know L. Ray Smith that you do not believe in the Trinity (Neither do I)....so what does "OUR" mean???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But Ray didn't answer the question, I want to know the answer too, can somebody help? Thanks in advance.

ned

Re: Genesis 1:26
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 12:57:34 AM »

Hi zvezda,
Because John 1 says
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Who's the Word? Jesus.

Rev19:13 "And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called the Word of God."

I believe the "our" in Gen 1:26 is God and Jesus.

Marie

shoani

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 05:37:58 AM »

hi zvezda,

U right! the very verse 27 contradicts a bit of 26 cos it now says "God then made" whereas initially it seems he was talking to someone close to hiim who has been helping him create the earth and its creatures. it seems after creating all those animals it then that he wanted some who will rule over them that is when he decided to create a human being. but U right it seems he was really talking to someone.

and Marie, in the beginning as the bible say there was the Word and God, then where, I just wonder was Genesis taking his story from cos he was probably not around to write about what was happening cos the pen was probably not invented yet.
this lead me to blive that the more we try and seach the truth the more we'll get confused and we rather leave it to some people.

shoani

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 08:31:35 AM »

Posted by: zvezda 

Read this from one of the emails to Ray:

Way back in Genesis....God said in the Bible  Genesis 1-26 "God made man in OUR image"......not "His" or "MY" but "OUR".  Why did the Bible specifically use the word "OUR"?
I know L. Ray Smith that you do not believe in the Trinity (Neither do I)....so what does "OUR" mean???

But Ray didn't answer the question, I want to know the answer too, can somebody help? Thanks in advance.

Marie, this supports your answer. :)

Col 1:15
  • Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Col 1:16 
  • For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Col 1:17
  • And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Col 1:18 
  • And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence.

Zvezda and Shoani, the above scripture shocks many people when they first read it. I know it did me. :)  I was actuially in a study group, and "they" refused to believe it!  :o

However, the words above clearly indicate fourperiods in time:

1. God alone
  2. God created Christ
  3. Christ created all else except man.
  4. God and Christ creates man

It is during the 4th time period, after all else has been created that God, through Jesus Christ creates man in "their" image.

This of course fints perfectly with the first words of John. :)

Jhn 1:1 list]
[li]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.[/li]
[/list]
Jhn 1:2  list]
[li]The same was in the beginning with God.[/li]
[/list]
Jhn 1:3  list]
[li]All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.[/li]
[/list]

The words "....in the beginning" must mean after God formed Jesus.

I will gladly stand corrected ont his one if I am wrong :)

God be with you

Darren
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 08:32:07 AM by YellowStone »

buddyjc

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 12:36:48 PM »

It is interesting that in Gen. 1:1, the word 'beginning' is the Heb. word 'reshyth' which is also translated 'firstfruits.' 

Brian

zvezda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 12:27:34 AM »

Thank you all for your reply. However, sorry that I am still confused...

Marie, John 1 says "the Word was God", but then Rev 19:13 seems to say that the Word is Jesus? So which one is correct? The Word is God or The Word is Jesus? Or did I misunderstand anything here?

Darren, not that I don't believe Jesus is "the firstborn of every creature", but it's hard to imagine that Jesus was created and with God in the beginning and then some years later Jesus went into Mary's womb and was born in some place on earth. A carnal mind like me would think that Jesus was "officially" created when Mary was pregnant. Also, if God and Jesus created man (as you mentioned in the four periods), it seems that after that God didn't include Jesus in any events or activities, creating man was the only thing that Jesus had done with God, then Jesus just disappeared until the time He went into Mary's womb. It doesn't make sense to create Jesus so early, God could have created man all by Himself without Jesus.... But again... is my mind too carnal that I can't understand here?

Shoani, you are telling me.  :o the more we search the more we get confused... I am confused now  ???

Andy_MI

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 12:35:59 AM »

Hi zvezda,

Here's a link that may answer your questions.

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html

I hope this helps,

Peace,

Andy

P.S. I also found this link very helpful.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1948.0.html

« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 12:39:18 AM by Andy_MI »

shoani

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 07:37:31 AM »

guys, i dont blive Jesus was not anywhere near Genesis times-(Creation). zvezda is right abt one thing, that God could not make Jesus then put him in Mary's womb for re-birth. i always blive that John the Baptist was born b4 Jesus. am sorry if am speaking too casual abt scriptures but that is how i overstand them easy. its probably one of those bible mistakes that the writer never got his facts\statement from the right person. that sounds like an information from the second person. the writer probably wrote information from some1 else hence getting conflicting statements.

Zvezda, with me, i tend to overlook such small little things and concentrate on His love.

peace out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.