bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's goin on with me?!  (Read 5952 times)

Vheissu

What's goin on with me?!
« on: September 19, 2006, 03:36:14 AM »

I feel somewhat lost right now. When I first came upon bible truths, I was stoked about what I discovered, and I felt so full of life and energy, and than slowly it started fading. I wasn't coming here every single day to read something new and exciting, or be amazed by a new revelation. I feel weak. When I pray at night, it trails off into thoughts, and soon I find myself asleep without finishing my prayer, and I feel like I'm praying wrong. Like I'm missing something. Than lately I've felt like I've been under spiritual attack. Waking up at the alleged demon witching hour (3:00 AM), and feeling in danger, or like something is in my room. Is this a test? I have no idea what to do, and I'm trying to find my way back...Has anyone else ever felt this way? Please help me brothers and sisters, I feel like I'm losing a fight...I'm gonna re-read Ray's articles, perhaps it will help.

God Bless,
Daniel

shoani

Re: What's goin on with me?!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 06:01:43 AM »

hi Daniel,

i didn't want to respond but let me say this, i felt or still feel like that sometimes and thought i should share what do i do when i feel like that.1. i dont pray(at least not formal with my knees) at all cos i know i will get bored-  instead i talk a prayer e.g whilst brushing my teeth and looking myself in the mirror. 2. I stay away from readin or listening to bible verses for a while, 3 i listen to music according to what i feel like and i dont feel guilty at all. 4 i spend most of the time alone doing some soul searching. AM NOT SAYING DO LIKE I DO but rather sharing my remedy.

remember this: that is a phase and it will pass. a person never feels like that for long. i hope God provides comfort and U suddently feel him next to U. U probably overdone urself in searching for the bible truth. take it easy cos Satan is probably using that very truth and turning it upside down and creating confusion in ur head. be less formal with God and know that God is Love.

shoani

MG

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 06:13:17 AM »

1 Peter 4
12Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

It sounds like you are having anxiety Daniel. Sometimes when we have free floating anxiety we project it onto something that we fear. Feeling that there is something in your room or the feeling of danger are all symptoms of anxiety. I've never been able to learn truth without anxiety. The truth works itself into me and works the carnal out of me and that process produces anxiety. I also have some very fiery trials that go along with it. God works it all together to accomplish his work in me. I also go through spiritual attack in the process. God is in control of that too. We have nothing to fear. The spiritual attacks end up to be nothing more than lies. I've learned not to listen to the lies and walk forward with faith most of the time. There are times I wrestle with it though when the truth knocks me off my sandy foundation.

No matter what happens God always wins.

Romans 8

35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 06:14:49 AM by MG »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 08:43:30 AM »

Hello Daniel,

I had a similiar experience shortly before the Conference, for about 2 weeks I seemed to be (spiritually) spiralling downhill. Old temptations were coming out of nowhere, I would not physically submit to them but the mere thought knotted my gut and soured my mood.

Things that I was not particularly proud of, sins from the past, the people I had hurt, these memories came back with a vengeance, not in faded tones of gray but in 3D Living Color.

Also, reading, praying, the things that will normally restore my spirit in times of tribulation did not seem to be working at all, even the scripture telling me not "to think it a strange thing to go through trials and tribulations" did not seem to hit home, I felt like I was on the outside looking in.

I talked with a few brethren about this and one told me that these type of continued assaults are from the adversary and when it happens you need to rebuke the devil in His name and trust that He will restore you. Continually pray, not just at certain times of the day (or night) but as you live your day. Talk with Him silently through your tasks like your very best friend is at your side.

Here is what Ray wrote about praying, it may be a help to you.

http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

May He grant you His Peace,

Joe

Andy_MI

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 01:17:46 PM »

Hi Daniel,

I've been going through these same feeling as you for quite a few months (or more, I lost track). I've been through similar experiences in the past but not to this degree or duration. I feel like I'm walking right on the edge of what I can endure almost ready to complete fall off the edge and perish. I've even had thoughts lately of suicide. I'm in a place where I can't see hope or light. I keep hoping and praying for releif soon and a breakthrough but it hasn't shown any sign of happening yet. When I try and talk to God my words just fall to the floor. I feel He isn't hearing me or ignoring me. I'm helpless and hurt and broken. I don't know what the answer is. Maybe it has something to do with "judgement begining at the house of God." 

Maybe if I pray for you and you pray for me we'll both get an answer?

Just wanted you to know that you're not alone. I wish I could help you but I can't even help myself right now.

Andy

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »

1Pe 4:12  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

I have found that when we get too wrapped up in ourselves, thinking about our problems and not our blessings, when we think of what we don't have and not being thankful for what we do have when we don't appreciate how much better off we are than many of our brethren we can fall prey to the accuser.

When we act selflessly, do a kind act for another and take our minds off of ourselves we can reap a rich (spiritual) reward even in the here and now.

Mat 25:34  Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Mat 25:35 For I was hungry and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick and ye visited me: I was in prison and ye came unto me.

Mat 25:37  Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry and fed thee? or thirsty and gave thee drink?

Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger and took thee in? or naked and clothed thee?

Mat 25:39  Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison and came unto thee?

Mat 25:40  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

1Co 13:8  Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1Co 16:14  Let all your things be done with charity.

Col 3:14  And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Shane

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 02:57:46 PM »

I really felt like i was spiraling downward when i discovered all this new information. But our beliefs are stacked upon each other. Foundational beliefs at the bottom of the stack supporting all the other beliefs. When we change one of those foundational beliefs the whole stack settles. That can feel like a downward spiral. For me everything i did was to be a better Christian- to please God- to ensure my salvation-to guarantee my place in heaven-to stay out of hell. Don't do anything bad do everything right fear of hell keeps you on the straight and narrow. Fear is was and always will be an incredible motivator. But take the object of fear away-take hell out of the picture-remove that foundational belief and everything gets shaken as it is settling.

I had to find the new motivation for obedience-love. I am re learning everything. It's like learning to tie your shoes the opposite way. Youre not used to it. Plus the adversary is there to scare you back into your old pattern. The adversary does not want you to be transformed by the renewing of your mind but instead to be conformed to the pattern of this world.

If you've ever seen the matrix-you are newly escaped from your coccoon. you are experiencing the real world and of course you are shaky. But not forever

shane

angie

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 03:06:36 PM »

Hi Vheissu,

The fact that you awake in the early hours of the morning is indicative of anxiety and stress in your life [even that which you may not be consciously aware of]

When I first 'became a Christian' I used to sometimes feel as though there was 'something' in the room with me. I told my friend and she told me that at times like this I should say out loud 'leave this place, I rebuke you in Jesus's name, for He has all authority and power'

I did and followed it with prayer. Whether or not she was right to tell me to do that, it worked. I had faith that Jesus would protect me because I believed He could and would if I asked Him and rebuked anything 'unclean' in His name. After a short time, as I grew in faith, this feeling of 'something there' was more and more infrequent. Satan will get his minions [I call them 'hassle demons'] to see how well planted the seed that's sown of God's word, and will try to take it from you if he can.

Mat: 13:4 As he sowed, some seeds fell by the roadside, and the birds came and devoured them. [satan's crew]

As far as being tested goes, we are all being tested every day, one way or another. Life doesn't get easier because we now strive walk in light and truth. If anything, it get's harder,[everyone who knows me thinks I'm the most 'jinxed' person on the planet!] but our attitude to it all changes until you learn to take it all in your stride and see it as a valuable lesson rather than be devastated by it. We become cucified with Christ. Satan is the adversary, it his his job to put doubts in your mind and feed you lies. He wants to rob you of the faith that you have and tempt you away from God.

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Jesus often rebuked Satan, telling him in no uncertain terms who was in charge here:

Luk 4:8  And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, thou shalt worship the Lord thy  God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Luk 4:13   And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

But you are not as alone and defenceless as Satan wants you to think you are:

Psa 27:1The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

27:2 When evildoers came at me to eat up my flesh, even my adversaries and my foes, they stumbled and fell.

27:3 Though an army should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear. Though war should rise against me, even then I will be confident.

As far as praying goes, what a lovely way to go to sleep. I do this often, and yes, sometimes my mind wanders of on a tangent. This too is okay. God is our Father and what better way to go to sleep than telling 'dad' all about our day, our worries and concerns and our thanks for what he has given us so far as we drift into much needed respite from the trials of the day?

Hope this helps

Angie
x

angie

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 03:13:34 PM »

Hiya Andy

I am truly sorry that you feel so downtrodden, I also will pray for you. Keep in mind that it is usually darkest just before the dawn.
Seems like you are about to get some light soon brother. Hang in there.

Angie
x

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 03:35:58 PM »

I feel somewhat lost right now. When I first came upon bible truths, I was stoked about what I discovered, and I felt so full of life and energy, and than slowly it started fading. I wasn't coming here every single day to read something new and exciting, or be amazed by a new revelation. I feel weak. When I pray at night, it trails off into thoughts, and soon I find myself asleep without finishing my prayer, and I feel like I'm praying wrong. Like I'm missing something. Than lately I've felt like I've been under spiritual attack. Waking up at the alleged demon witching hour (3:00 AM), and feeling in danger, or like something is in my room. Is this a test? I have no idea what to do, and I'm trying to find my way back...Has anyone else ever felt this way? Please help me brothers and sisters, I feel like I'm losing a fight...I'm gonna re-read Ray's articles, perhaps it will help.

God Bless,
Daniel

Hey danial, i'm not sure how old you are, but perhaps young as i am. I am only 18 in age, and haveing all this revealed is truly hard to be so different from everyone around you, knowing more then your pastor knows, its hard to live with.

I feel so different also, i feel alone many a times, and it doesn't help when the Lord puts me through the furnace, if you read my post in Offtopic discussion i posted "My story i'd like to share with you all."

I am still going through the fire, and it is painfull everyday, at times the Lord easses up on me, and He assures me that in my weaknesses are His strength's made perfect.

I know its tough, and i can say that from another brother who has felt the same exact way you have, and i'm sure many many sisters and brothers here can attest to the same feeling.

As someone said, its always darkest before dawn.

Hang on my friend, have Faith that;

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

From one brother, to another, to another again;

Romans 8:18 "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

These are all trials we must go through, and they bring us that much closer to God, so we should rejoice my brother!

James 4:1 "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."

1 Peter 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Let us rejoice, because we know the Lord is dealing with us as Sons and Daughters, and not ********.

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

God bless you my brother, and stay strong! My prayers and thoughts are with you, and if you ever need a friend, i'm not far away :)

With love,

Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.