bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rituals  (Read 5667 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Rituals
« on: September 19, 2006, 01:55:26 PM »

Greetings Ray, I have a question that needs solving. You have previously mentioned in your e-mails that we are to worship in spirit and in truth. When Christ was eating the Passover with His disciples He told them to drink the wine and eat the bread and to do this as a memorial to Him. You have mentioned before that tithing is finished, the church is finished and the wine / bread was out also.
  Why if this is true (and I don't doubt it could be) did Jesus tell them to do it in memory of Him if He was to die within a day?

Thanks for your considering of my problem

David

Dear David:

They contintued to do virtually all of the "Law of Moses" in the immediate years after Christ's Crucifixion. They continued to BAPTIZE, they CIRCUMCISED, they KEPT THE FEASTS, they went up to the Temple to pray, etc.,  etc.    But there spiritual education was not finished at the cross. Remember Jesus' own words:  "I have MANY THINGS TO SAY UNTO YOU, but ye cannot bear them now" (John 16:12).  Well if not "now," "when?" That was the LAST night He spent in the flesh with His disciples.  They were CONTINUALLY taught new things:  Peter going to the Gentiles, the Gentiles not required to keep the Law of Moses or circumcise, Paul stopped baptizing, etc.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.