bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why the contention?  (Read 11563 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: Why the contention?
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 12:16:13 AM »

I just wanted to add this thought, sometimes people are not aware of what they are proposing. Remember Peter being admonished from our Lord;

Mat 16:23  But he turned and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offense unto me: for thou savorest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Peter ultimately was a spiritual giant but at this time he was a tool of the adversary, we are refining His flock when we are admonishishing the brethren with His Word, this is true love. When we tolerate any doctrine and explain it away as "this is where He has him (or her) at this time," we are not helping our brethren in the least. If we were to see a blind man walking into traffic about to be struck by a car I would hope we would be more proactive than to turn the other way and say, "oh well, that is where the Lord wants this blind guy to be right now," He may want YOU to be His conduit! 

If someone is sincerely seeking Him they will be led to the Truth, whether it be here or wherever the Lord determines.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

YellowStone

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 12:24:25 AM »

Yet again wonderful words of instruction Joe :)

Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

The scripture from Peter is awesome, for I hope someday to be asked a question such as this. I feel the love and wisdom through the words of the moderstors, especially of you and Bobby. I feel humbled reading all that you moderators have to say, because there is more than words present.

I don't mean for this to sound airy-fairy :) but I feel you both and many others here have that hope and I know from whence it comes. :)

God has given us eyes to see and ears to hear; the ones who wish to disrupt cannot argue with themselves.

Thank you God and the moderators for such a wonderful place.

Love to you all,

Darren

YellowStone

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 12:40:09 AM »

A quote from Joe:

Peter ultimately was a spiritual giant but at this time he was a tool of the adversary, we are refining His flock when we are admonishishing the brethren with His Word, this is true love. When we tolerate any doctrine and explain it away as "this is where He has him (or her) at this time," we are not helping our brethren in the least.
If we were to see a blind man walking into traffic about to be struck by a car I would hope we would be more proactive than to turn the other way and say, "oh well, that is where the Lord wants this blind guy to be right now," He may want YOU to be His conduit! 

If someone is sincerely seeking Him they will be led to the Truth, whether it be here or wherever the Lord determines.

[/b]

Well said Joe. I think this falls in with the point I was trying to make last week regarding sin. Perhaps it is not enough to just shake our heads. But this is where the issue becomes very cloudy at least for me. Am I looking at a speck in my brothers I while ignoring the log in my own. (Mat 7:3) But then, should I ignore it or step in and say "don't do that...."

Like I said very cloudy :(  Sometimes I think it iis very easy to become to complacent and be that person watching the blind person walk into traffic. Perhaps I am a slow learner, because sometimes I think God has to knock me over the head before I jump.

Am I making any sense  ::)  Knowing what to say, when to say and to whom is a trick I am still learning.

Thanks Joe for an insiteful post.

Darren

hillsbororiver

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 05:39:03 PM »

Hi Darren,

You know I have struggled with this too, still do sometimes.

Jesus and Paul (through  His Spirit) will say "judge not," and then the question "are we not able to judge the smallest matters?" 1Cor 6:3

1Co 6:5  I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

I do not think there are inconsistancies here though.

The key, the difference between the gnat vs. the camel or the speck vs. the plank or log is discernment. What is our motivation when we rebuke or admonish a brother? Is it a pathetic attempt to feed our ego, the carnal man, to exult ourselves as somehow being "better" than someone else? God forbid.

We pray for discernment, His wisdom and grace to guide our spirit in such matters.

1Ki 3:9  Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?

1Ki 3:10  And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.

1Ki 3:11  And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;

We must not be timid in declaring the truths that have been revealed to us, especially when asked or when someone is preaching or teaching manmade doctrine in our midst.

Eze 44:23  And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.

I hope this helps some,

Joe

ned

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 12:14:26 AM »

The key, the difference between the gnat vs. the camel or the speck vs. the plank or log is discernment. What is our motivation when we rebuke or admonish a brother? Is it a pathetic attempt to feed our ego, the carnal man, to exult ourselves as somehow being "better" than someone else? God forbid.

We pray for discernment, His wisdom and grace to guide our spirit in such matters.[/color]

1Ki 3:9  Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?

1Ki 3:10  And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.

1Ki 3:11  And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;

We must not be timid in declaring the truths that have been revealed to us, especially when asked or when someone is preaching or teaching manmade doctrine in our midst.

Eze 44:23  And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.

I hope this helps some,

Joe

Excellent Joe, awesome scripture choice here. I'm going to paste it in Word, print it and stick it to my monitor.
Thank you. 
It has helped some...someone like me.   :)

Love,
Marie

YellowStone

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 09:52:35 AM »

Well said Joe, and Marie I love your idea too. :)

Darren

kennymac

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2006, 12:35:12 AM »

Joe,

Why all the contention? We have the chosen who are "the 1st resurrection Saints" we have the wheat who are "the called" and we have the tares who are "the unbelievers.

Jesus says:  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. "Do not seperate them, they must grow together"

Only the chosen will produce the true fruit of the spirit.... Which is love. Only the chosen will have the developed character to be able to interact with the tares and the wheat lovingly. Having their best interest at heart at all times. None of us can know at which time the wheat or the tares might be converted. We do know that all will be saved, and Jesus and the Father loves everyone of His children, so should we.

Jesus did speak harshly to the religious leaders of his time, however he loved them and His heart was grieved to the point of tears.

Jesus says: O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Although he rebuked them, their spiritual condition grieved Him deeply. He was genuinely concerned for their welfare.

More words from the Master: Matthew 5:44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despite fully use you, and persecute you;

This is what separates the Chosen, from the wheat and the tares. Those who are chosen will not be offended. Those who are chosen, will be a light, to the wheat and the tares. Those who are chosen, will have self control and patience. Those who are chosen will seek to understand before trying to be understood. Most of all the chosen will be grieved at heart for the lost.

I would expect that their will always be Those who are inspired or motivated to come in here and attempt to break up something they were not forced to participate in. But they can not. We are to overcome evil with good.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

When you are guiding the wheat and the tares remember some of them might be one of the chosen who need your light to shine on them. Instead of viewing the situation as opposition take every opportunity to deposit the word of God.

All you can do is share the word of God, and be not easily offended. The word of God tells us He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. More often than not, you will not be dealing with the elect, and if one is not elect he will not have developed the highest fruit of the spirit which is love. He will be confused and mixed up, for he knows not that he is lost.

God bless you,

Mary Ann

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.