bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Humble Spirit  (Read 4431 times)

orion77

The Humble Spirit
« on: September 19, 2006, 11:19:43 PM »

I have noticed over the years, through this walk how I used to believe one thing only to be shown another deeper meaning.  A humbling experience for this flesh to get to a point, a comfortable place, only to be opened to another.  That is what I love about this walk, His words are amazing, they truly are alive.

These kind of experiences are welcomed, knowledge is coming, the Light is getting brighter.  Also, it keeps me from putting God and the knowledge He sheds into a box.  This is one of the hardest lessons to learn, to let God be God, for His ways are higher than ours. 

My prayer is that we keep growing, and may His Spirit keep feeding us living waters.  Please, oh please Lord, do not let the knowledge you have imparted, swell up as pride, keep us humble.  When I study your Word, oh Lord, it grows and lives, it does not stop, don't let us prevent it.  As you have shown us in this life, living things grow, keep this Spirit in us.

Everything is this life is a gift from God.  Our physical life, the air we breath, water we drink, the food we eat.  We exist solely because of Him.  Now, our spiritual life and the faith we have is a gift, all and everything is because of Him.  Don't never let me forget and to be thankful.

God bless,

Gary

YellowStone

Re: The Humble Spirit
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 12:05:01 AM »

Very Well Said Gary  ;)

I think you spoke for all of us.

Darren

orion77

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 09:21:33 AM »

Thank you Kat and Darren.  Here is a good one for ya:

(Isa 57:15)  For so says the high and lofty One who inhabits eternity, and His name is Holy: I dwell in the high and holy place, even with the contrite and humble of spirit; to make live the spirit of the humble and to make live the heart of the contrite ones.

(2Co 6:16)  And what agreement does a temple of God have with idols? For you are a temple of the living God, even as God said, "I will" dwell in them and "walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people." Lev. 26:12; Ezek. 37:27

(Psa 34:18)  Jehovah is near to the broken of heart; and He saves the crushed of spirit.

(Psa 51:17)  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

God bless,

Gary

chuckusa

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 11:40:52 AM »

Gary,

So true, so very true. I will pray that none of us gets too comfortable, that we continue to always stay open to new and higher levels of the spirit, poured forth by our faithful and loving God.

Its so TRUE Gary, just when you think you've got it all figured out, a new door opens, inviting you into a new dwelling place. So we are really like travelers, only stopping long enough to rest, then moving on over the horizon to a new day.

Blessings to you brother,
Chuck

ned

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 10:33:40 PM »

Amen!
I couldn't agree more.
We're only here because God wants us here.

Since God has drawn (is drawing) me to Him, I sincerely could not imagine my life without Him. We are so blessed to know Him.

Peace & Love to you all,
Marie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.