bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Poll

Do you believe in one God or more than one God?

One God only
- 14 (100%)
Trinity or more
- 0 (0%)
Atheist
- 0 (0%)
Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three
- 0 (0%)
Spirit of God  and flesh of Jesus are two god's
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do You Believe Jesus Is The Almighty God?  (Read 7323 times)

Victoria

Do You Believe Jesus Is The Almighty God?
« on: September 21, 2006, 07:13:38 PM »

If God in the Old Testament and New Testament are the same God. Can you proved it? How can you tell Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever?    Is the Jehovah name... is the name of the Lord from the Old Testament?     

Mickyd

Re: Do You Believe Jesus Is The Almighty God?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 10:23:14 PM »

"In the beginning was the word, and the word was toward God, and God was the word. This was in the beginning toward God. All came into being through it, and apart from it not even one thing came into being which has come into being. In it was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light is appearing in the darkness, and the darkness grasped it not." John 1:1-5 CLV

JCAliveInMe

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 01:19:42 AM »

Victoria, greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ!  Thank you for taking the time to put up a post and make a poll.  I've too, am seeking the truth is, I might walk in the righteousness of Jesus Christ.  The word of God is profitable for doctrine, correction, reproof, and instruction in righteousness,  so that we may be thoroughly furnished unto all good works.  In regard to your question about Jehovah in the Old Testament and Jesus in the New Testament.  Check this out:

Isa 40:3  The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. the word Lord in this verse is translated from the word Jehovah.

Mat 3:3  For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Okay, so here we go.  When you compare these two versus you will understand that the Ministry of John the Baptist was prophesied by Isaiah, that he was to cry in the wilderness " prepare the way of the Lord" (JEHOVAH).

So you see Jehovah in the Old Testament is Jesus in the New Testament.  Jesus Christ is Almighty God.  He is the image of the invisible Father. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.  Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?(Jn. 14:7-9).

with Love In Jesus Christ, Christopher

longhorn

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 02:22:28 AM »

ISAIAH 44: 6 - 8   There is the answer to this stupid poll.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Victoria

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 03:28:38 PM »

Victoria,

Hello sister and this subject is explained on the www.bibletruths.com site. Rodger has supplied that link and that should answer your question. Now if you have questions about the article then please ask but please read the material.

Thank you,

love to you,

bobby

Don't worry I will read all of them.  Can you trust me?  Let me introduced myself.  I am a believer that believe in one God, I was baptize in Jesus name, I had repent of my sins, And received the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost still alive inside of me. Since the day I recieved it. Acts 2:38

Love ya
!

Victoria

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 07:37:44 PM »

Victoria

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

My point that i am trying to get across to you is, Have you ever heard anyone croon one of your favorite songs out of tune?

The ears shrink to the the suffering, wailing and screeching of the singer's out of tune voice, more over your eyes tire of the constant rolling of them, as the singer miscues the words.

Our favorite song here is Praising our God in Spirit, and honey your a little out of tune.  But i enjoy and love your persistant to practise the notes that radiant from your spirit. Pleae do not be disscourage, i myself was the worst crooner here up until i read all there is here and re-read them again.

God bless and rested

Rodger
:D I can't sing!  La...la..la..la..la!

By the way, God never did reveal his name in the Old Testament. Key word is.... I was not known to them.

Exodus 6:3   
    And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 11:14:00 PM »

No one before Pentecost ever knew God.  They could not because Christ had not "come in the flesh" yet .

This is the prayer that Jesus states this fact

(Joh 17:20 KJVR)
Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Joh 17:21 KJVR) 
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

(Joh 17:22 KJVR) 
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

(Joh 17:23 KJVR) 
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

(Joh 17:24 KJVR) 
Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

(Joh 17:25 KJVR) 
O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

Beloved

Victoria

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 04:56:25 PM »

No one before Pentecost ever knew God.  They could not because Christ had not "come in the flesh" yet .

This is the prayer that Jesus states this fact

(Joh 17:20 KJVR)
Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Joh 17:21 KJVR) 
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

(Joh 17:22 KJVR) 
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

(Joh 17:23 KJVR) 
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

(Joh 17:24 KJVR) 
Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

(Joh 17:25 KJVR) 
O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

Beloved

I agree 100%  :) 

Romans 5:14
    Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Beloved

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 01:57:35 AM »

Hello Victoria, I hope your reading is going well.

I am not sure what point you were trying to make with the scripture that you posted.

Beloved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.