bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: where do opinions and views come from and when should you keep them to yourself  (Read 5839 times)

dcfreedom

first i wnat to say this is only my understanding. in no way is it directed at any one person.
paul tells us that everything is permissible, but not everything is benificial.1cor.10:23-33 nobody should seek his own good but the good of others. for example a view i have on something is good for me but could cause my brother or sister to fall. so the benifit is only for me. why you may ask. it is simple. God made you to have certain views and beliefs because this is how he keeps you from doing something or drives you to doing something. so therefore it is only benificial for you. this is one way we can know when to or not to do  or say something around others by knowing what is permissible and what is benificial.

where does all of this come from, why ofcourse the heart. it tells us in scripture to always think on things that are good, upright and just. in matt. 12:34-37 Jesus is talking to pharisees and teachers and calls them a brood of vypers for the words they speak. he tells them out of the abundance (overflow) of the heart the mouth speaks. when there is goodness, christ likeness, righteousness and love in the heart this is what your mouth will speak. when there is spite, hatred, vegence, indignation and anger this is how your mouth will speak. it also says in matt 12 that by your words you will be aquitted and by your words you will be condemmed. you will give account for every careless word.

i wrote this because as i browse through some of the articles and replies i see people cutting each other down or expressing your opinion only to push your agenda and sometimes getting angry with someone because they don't understand.

let me ask you this,"Did Jesus cut anyone down any where he went in any of his words." i can answer for you, no, he had compassion on them,he was moved or he explained things to them(deciples). remember Jesus talked to the pharisees and teachers about there heart not there person.

please lets have compassion on each other with patience and understanding

thanks your brother in christ, dave

Kat

Hi dave,

This seems to be an ongoing problem we have. 
I think it has something to do with being anonymous.
We should always remember, we are by no means anonymous to God.

Rom 14:12  Consequently, each of us will give an account of himself to God.
Rom 14:13  Therefore, let us no longer criticize each other. Instead, make up your mind not to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.

Mat 15:11  not that which entereth into the mouth defileth the man; but that which proceedeth out of the mouth, this defileth the man.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

all4love

This is just my thoughts and feelings about this whole subject which I see is becoming a major issue once agian here at the forum.  I see in the world so much hate, anger, pain, inconsideration for others, people wrapped up in there own lives and not caring one ioda for anyone else, and it just makes me sick to my stomach and pains me greatly.  So, I come here in search of people who love one another and care about one anothers pains and sufferings.  Kind of like a solitude away from the world, a place to escape all the evil.  Therefore, when I see people come here and cause all the things that the WORLD causes (pain, anger, hurt, etc.)  it saddens me greatly and I begin to feel like there is no place I can go to escape all these evil things.  So, what do I do now? is what I think to myself and never do I find an answer.  I can't wait for the day that all this evil is gone.  Sorry, this is just me rambling and getting some thoughts out of my head.  Thank you for barring with me.

Love to you all my sisters and brothers in Christ Jesus

chuckusa

All4love,

I have recently come to the conclusion that this type of thing isn't going to stop. I now believe that the only issue is how we deal with it. I have never known the darkness to abate once it finds success. We must stand firm against it, but we must bear with it for now.

Peace,
Chuck

all4love

I know Chuck, you are right.  I just wish that those who are causing this would stop coming here and/or would see the truth and find God's love and show that love.  (I'm not real sure I said that right I hope you understand what I am trying to say)

Love to you my brother

Kat

Hi All4love,

Take heart, you are among friends here  :)
This forum is open for all to come, so that God's chosen can come in.
But we are not spiritually mature yet.
We are all growing and  helping one another see our faults.
Even here among our brothers and sisters, God is allowing situation in which we can grow.

Mat 5:46  For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
Mat 5:47  And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
Gal 5:23  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Joh 15:8  By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.

This forum is just the way God wants it.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

chuckusa

All4love,

I know exactly what you mean. I know from past experiences that God won't open someones eyes because I want him to. I realize now that during those experiences he was strengthening ME, not them. Their time had not come. But MINE had...and I learned from it.

I suppose we cannot escape the darkness, as long as we are here on this earth. It will follow us no matter where we go.

Love and Peace to you All4love, we are friends and we understand each other, and I thank God for that. Let us seek together the high calling of our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ.

Love,Chuck

Beloved

Hi All 4 Love and others

The way I see it, as long as we are in this world...there is no solitude unless we beome hermits.. The only real solitude we have is Christ in us. We can only have our rest in Him.

We are here to learn how to deal with these problems. None of us can expect to rule and reign with Christ unless you  learn how to deal with these people who do not "know" Christ.

This is a place where "like minded" can learn and also fellowship. There are many here that are loving and I certainly appreciate their actions and thoughts.

There are also many 'babes" who are stubborn and demanding and self centered. There some who think they are mature but are not humble. There are many who have not come out of Babylon but think they have. There are even some Unbelievers reading and perhaps are even members who have come to do mischief. .  God has ALL of them here for a reason.

This topic started with a question about people's hearts and the display of unloving behavior . For the newcomers this can be very upsetting. We are on a very lonely walk and our current santuary feels like it has been violated. For the old timers this is a re-occuring problem that is to be expected as newer people come in.  We do have a source of comfort.

(Joh 14:26 KJVR) 
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

This reminds me of a story where a woman was on a train enjoying her book, in solitude when a man got on with three children.

When the train started up the three children proceeded to start acting up and yelling and carrying on with each other, the women was very agitated as she watched the man's lack of  concerned about his childrens rowdy behavior. The father was sitting there smiling . The more she watched the more upset she got.

She finally got up the nerve to speak to him and tapped him on the shoulder a couple of times. He was slow to respond but then told her his story that their mother had just recently died and they were just now coming out of their severe depression.

The point iof this story is that we usually see only our own point of view and then we tend to judge others from the point of view. 

That is why I think we are told to keep our focus on Christ who is Truth Love and Savior.  Agape love is tougher to learn than Phileo love.

I guess we need to kiss the toads and see the prince in each of them.

I totally agree with Bobby however that love does not apply to heresy being taught.

beloved 

buddyjc

Wouldn't kissing toads cause you to have warts on your lips? :o ???

Brian

Beloved

Buddyjc...   ;D ;D ;D   Not physical kissing.... spiritual kissing.

Remember God loved All of us toads when He sent His Son.

No Buddjc  ....There is no fear of spiritual Warts either

(1Jo 4:18 CLV) 
Fear is not in love, but perfect love is casting out fear, for fear has chastening. Now he who is fearing is not perfected in love."

Beloved

MG

John 17
6"I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one. 12While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled. 13"I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. 25"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

YellowStone

This may or may not be appropriate but I do believe it worth sharing. :)

Do you know that absolutely no one can upset, rile, anger, embarass, etc you except you yourself. This has been a bitter lesson to learn for me, but a life changing lesson (thanks to God) all the same.

Life is this world is a life of constant choices. If I am hurt, sad, angry or disheartend it is because I choose to be. I think it is more that I choose not to feel any other way. That hurtful word, was only a word, it is how I render it that determines if I am hurt or not. I have God given choices, I can either choose to view the act negatively or shrug it off as someone having a bad day, and perhaps instead say something positive in return

Please do not be harsh on those that know no better; not everyone one is as well versed as many here. However, each is here purely by the will of God. If they are pushing a point of view that counters your own, then there is a reason for it. The reason may be God showing each of us with negativeity in our hearts, that it is we whom he is teaching.

I have come to learn that when I am with God (he is always with me) than who can possibly cause me to stumble apart from I, and the answer is no one. Kind of put's everything into perspective. :)

Every post is posted for a reason. The search for it can be very enlightening :)

I hope this makes some sense to someone. :)

With much love to all,

Darren
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 05:52:55 PM by YellowStone »

mongoose

Darren,
  Thanks for sharing that.  It reminds me of something I heard a long time ago.  The gist of the message was: becoming upset by those around you, allowing their mood to set your or to ruin your day, is a choice you make to let the other person control you; you can choose to be happy and focus on your blessings and the positives in the face of others moods.  Gads, that one dropped on me like a ton of bricks.  We don't have to let others upset us or make us miserable?  Wow, I think it is actually true...and so hard to do. 

I've been thinking a lot lately about something I read somewhere...I have no idea where.  It was a statement to the effect that Christ had His heart hidden in God.  I think the idea was that a heart hidden in God is protected, focused on God and His love, and therefore less prone to be hurt or be made miserable by those things around...because it knows that everything is being worked out for the good of all and allows the Comforter to shield it from overwhelming pain.  Not to say that there wouldn't be pain...only that it would be more bearable because one's heart was safely hidden in God.

Just a thought I had reading your post....

mongoose

YellowStone

I like that....hiding your heart in God.

I will have to remember that one. Thanks for sharing Mongoose :)

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.