bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New wine into old skins  (Read 4386 times)

orion77

New wine into old skins
« on: September 24, 2006, 09:49:56 PM »

(Luk 5:37 LITV)  And no one puts new wine into old skins; otherwise, the new wine will burst the skins, and it will be poured out, and the skins will perish.

(Luk 5:38 LITV)  But new wine is to be put into new skins, and both are preserved together.

(Luk 5:39 LITV)  And no one drinking old wine immediately desires new; for he says, The old is better.

To move out from under the old law and into the new, under grace, is not easy for us to see and do, because we are accustomed to the old.  Most of us have been taught the ten commandments throughout our lives, to do this and to do that, so as not to fall under the wrath of God.  But from reading the scriptures, by doing what they have said is exactly what will bring the wrath of God upon us.

(Mat 4:16 LITV)  the people sitting in darkness saw a great Light; and to those sitting in the region and shadow of death, Light sprang up to them." Isa. 9:1, 2

(Joh 3:19 LITV)  And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness more than the Light, for their works were evil.

(Rom 7:5 LITV)  For when we were in the flesh, the passions of sin were working in our members through the Law for the bearing of fruit unto death.

(Rom 7:6 LITV)  But now we have been set free from the Law, having died to that in which we were held, so as for us to serve in newness of spirit, and not in oldness of letter.

Amazing how the law is still pushed upon people even to this day, with all the scriptures that are right in front of us, that say the law brings forth fruit unto death.

God bless,

Gary

orion77

Re: New wine into old skins
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 10:59:10 PM »

(Heb 10:5 LITV)  For this reason, coming into the world, He says, "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but You prepared a body for Me.

(Heb 10:6 LITV)  You did not delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices concerning sins."

(Heb 10:7 LITV)  "Then I said, Lo, I come, in the heading of the Book it was written concerning Me, to do Your will, O God." LXX-Psa. 39:7 -9; MT-Psa. 40:6 -8

(Heb 10:8 LITV)  Above, saying, "You did not desire nor were pleased with sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and sacrifices concerning sins," (which are offered according to the Law),

(Heb 10:9 LITV)  then He said, "Lo, I come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first in order that He may set up the second;

(Heb 10:10 LITV)  by which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

(Heb 10:19 LITV)  Therefore, brothers, having confidence for the entering of the Holy of Holies by the blood of Jesus,

(Heb 10:20 LITV)  which He consecrated for us, a new and living way through the veil; that is, His flesh;

(Heb 10:21 LITV)  and having a Great Priest over the house of God,

(Heb 10:22 LITV)  let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, our hearts having been sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our body having been washed in pure water;

(Heb 10:23 LITV)  let us hold fast the confession of the hope unyielding, for He who has promised is faithful.

(Heb 10:38 LITV)  "But the just shall live by faith;" "and if he draws back," "My soul is not pleased in him." Hab. 2:4; Zeph. 1:6; Mal. 1:10

(Heb 10:39 LITV)  But we are not of those withdrawing to destruction, but of faith, to the preservation of the soul.

I think moving away from the old to the new is one of the paramount things a believer can do, to be obedient to God.  Falling back to the law, does God a diservice, and tramples on the sacrifice our Lord made for our behalf. 

(Heb 10:28 LITV)  If anyone did not regard the Law of Moses, that one dies without pities on "the word of two or three witnesses," Deut. 17:6

(Heb 10:29 LITV)  how much worse punishment do you think will be thought worthy to receive, the one trampling the Son of God, and having counted common the blood of the covenant in which he was sanctified, and having insulted the Spirit of Grace?

Yet, strangely enough the law, by those of the world are pushed and held on tight to the point of going to war over it.  As if our law is better than their law.  We can see throughout history and now what the belief in the law leads to.  The truth really is, it bears fruit unto death.

Sorry, for the rambling, but I never seen the importance of this before.  It is truly incredible.

God bless,

Gary

MG

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 06:14:25 AM »

It was through the law that I was shown how utterly sinful I am and it brought me to the falling away that Ray speaks of. Breaking free from trying to be justified by the law was very hard. I battled to keep myself in "rest" and it was a battle to cease from striving and walk by faith. It was the same lie. You will be like God. I was trying to be my own God and save myself by trying to follow the law and make myself worthy. It was the yoke that the church put upon me. I started to rest and sat in my sin waiting for my Savior to save me. God started to heal me after years of struggling to do it myself. It's not easy to sit in your sin and wait on God in faith. It is the truth that sets us free. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

Matthew 19:26
25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?"
26Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Romans 3
 19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

21But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.

Romans 7
 7What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet."8But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from law, sin is dead. 9Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.
 11For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good. 13Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.

orion77

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 10:27:31 AM »

Thanks MG, that is so true.

(2Co 3:9 LITV)  For if the ministry of condemnation was glory, much rather the ministry of righteousness abounds in glory.

(2Co 3:10 LITV)  For even that which has been made glorious has not been made glorious in this respect, because of the surpassing glory.

(2Co 3:11 LITV)  For if the thing done away was through glory, much rather the thing remaining is in glory.

(2Co 3:12 LITV)  Then having such hope, we use much boldness.

(2Co 3:13 LITV)  And not as "Moses, who put a veil over his face," for the sons of Israel not to gaze at the end of the thing being done away. Ex. 34:35

(2Co 3:14 LITV)  But their thoughts were hardened, for until the present time the same veil remains on the reading of the Old Covenant, not being unveiled, that it is being done away in Christ.

(2Co 3:15 LITV)  But until today, when Moses is being read, a veil lies on their heart.

(2Co 3:16 LITV)  But whenever it turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Ex. 34:34

(2Co 3:17 LITV)  And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

(2Co 3:18 LITV)  But we all with our face having been unveiled, having beheld the glory of the Lord in a mirror, are being changed into the same image from glory to glory, as from the Lord Spirit.

(Heb 10:20 LITV)  which He consecrated for us, a new and living way through the veil; that is, His flesh;

God is so good, this is cool stuff!!   8) 8)

God bless,

Gary

orion77

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 12:03:15 AM »

Knowing that the Law of Moses brings full knowledge of sin, and we have all transgressed this law.  What a great show of His love towards us, to send His Son to fulfill the law on our behalf.  And not only that, but usher in a new Law, the Law of Christ.

(Rom 3:20 LITV)  Because by works of Law not one of all flesh will be justified before Him, for through Law is full knowledge of sin. Psa. 143:2

(Rom 3:21 LITV)  But now a righteousness of God has been revealed apart from Law, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,

(Rom 3:22 LITV)  even the righteousness of God through faith of Jesus Christ toward all and upon all those believing; for there is no difference,

(Rom 3:23 LITV)  for all sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

(Rom 3:24 LITV)  being justified freely by His grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus,

(Rom 3:25 LITV)  whom God set forth as a propitiation through faith in His blood, as a demonstration of His righteousness through the passing over of the sins that had taken place before, in the forbearance of God,

(Rom 3:26 LITV)  for a demonstration of His righteousness in the present time, for His being just and justifying the one that is of the faith of Jesus.

(Rom 3:27 LITV)  Then where is the boasting? It was excluded. Through what law? Of works? No, but through a Law of faith.

(Rom 3:28 LITV)  Then we conclude a man to be justified by faith without works of Law.

This is good news.   ;D ;D

(Rom 4:13 LITV)  For the promise was not through Law to Abraham, or to his seed, for him to be the heir of the world, but through a righteousness of faith.

(Rom 4:14 LITV)  For if those of Law are heirs, faith has been made of no effect, and the promise has been annulled.

(Rom 4:15 LITV)  For the Law works out wrath; for where no law is, neither is transgression.

(Rom 4:16 LITV)  On account of this, it is of faith, that it be according to grace, for the promise to be certain to all the seed, not to that of the Law only, but also to that of the faith of Abraham, who is father of us all,

(Rom 4:17 LITV)  according as it has been written, "I have appointed you a father of many nations;" before God, whom he believed, the One making the dead live, and calling the things that are not as if they were. Gen. 17:5

Amazing, can you see it?  Brings true freedom, now we worship in spirit and truth.

(Rom 8:13 LITV)  for if you live according to flesh, you are going to die. But if by the Spirit you put to death the practices of the body, you will live.

(Rom 8:14 LITV)  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

(Rom 8:15 LITV)  For you did not receive a spirit of slavery again to fear, but you received a Spirit of adoption by which we cry, Abba! Father!

(Rom 8:16 LITV)  The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit that we are children of God.

(Gal 4:4 LITV)  But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, having come into being out of a woman, having come under Law,

(Gal 4:5 LITV)  that He might redeem the ones under Law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

(Gal 4:6 LITV)  And because you are sons, God sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba! Father!

(Gal 4:7 LITV)  So that you no more are a slave, but a son, and if a son, also an heir of God through Christ.

Hope you all see this.  It's amazing stuff!!! 8) 8)

God bless,

Gary

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.