bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning question  (Read 4580 times)

vneverov

Burning question
« on: September 25, 2006, 04:35:25 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm not sure how this all works - if I'm supposed to only paste comments or questions (I'm new here :) and kind of lost.)  But, I want to ask a question:  Where is Jesus now?  I am not sure if Ray answered this in any of his articles,  I might have missed it somewhere.  If Ray answered this question already please tell me in what article so I could find the answer.  If not, then:  what happened to Jesus after his ascension?
-vneverov

MG

Re: Burning question
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 04:58:22 AM »

Welcome vneverov

I found this for you. It is near the bottom on this link  http://bible-truths.com/rapture.htm

Jesus said He was going to His Father IN HEAVEN to prepare a place for His apostles. Peter said that Christ,

"... regenerates us into a living expectation, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from among the dead, for the enjoyment of an allotment incorruptible and undefiled and unfading, KEPT IN THE HEAVENS FOR YOU ..." (I Pet. 1:4-5).

And yet we know that Christ brings these treasures BACK TO EARTH.

Why do we think it is any different for the Gentiles? It is not different.

"... we have a building of God, a house not made by hands, eonian, IN THE HEAVENS." (II Cor. 5:1).

But are we unlike the Jews in that we really GO to heaven to receive our treasures? NO! Next verse: "For in this also we are groaning, longing to be dressed in our habitation which is OUT of heaven ..."

There are so many Scriptures like this that contradict the rapture theory. Look at this one,

"The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord’s; but the EARTH hath He given to the children of men" (Psalm 115:6). One more, "... for we are your glorying (even as you also are ours) in THE DAY OF OUR LORD JESUS" (II Cor. 1:14).

Not in the "rapture," but in "the day of our Lord."

I seriously doubt whether anyone could prove to us that the place where God dwells, "heaven," is actually a specific geographical location so many light years from the earth on some galactic rock in outer space. In the same way "eternity" is not "a very long time." They are both a condition or a realm. God is in us, while He is in Heaven, while He is also simultaneously, EVERYWHERE!

Kat

Re: Burning question
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 10:00:56 AM »

Hi vneverov,

Good to have you here  :)
If you will look at the top of this page you will see a search box.
We had a thread going a little while ago, 'Where is Jesus?'
Just type that in and it should take you to that thread.
Any more questions are welcomed.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.