bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello my name is Shane  (Read 5842 times)

Shane

Hello my name is Shane
« on: September 13, 2006, 09:29:33 PM »

Hello my name is Shane,

in 2004 i was the youth pastor of a very large mega church in Minnesota. There was a janitor who was celebrating his 10 year anniversary with our church. Everyone loved him. People said he had the heart of a servant. They said "i can see God in you". They said he was the one everyone could count on. Only the funny thing was he was not a christian. And he had been witnessed to by evry one of the 55 staff members at the church but no luck. After the celebration i went to my quiet park to pray. I prayed in my mind and asked God what about Nate. What about Nate. If he dies today is he really going to burn in hell. I need an answer God please. 3 days later i was out with my wife and we were going to go to the world market to buy a pot rack. There costly. In my head i heard the words someone had said about nate. He's not worldly. For whatever reason i felt like perhaps i shouldnt look at the world market first perhaps a thrift store. I didn't find a pot rack but there on the shelf staring me in the face was a book called creations jubilee. I wouldnt have paid attention to it if it werent for a guest pastor 3 weeks earlier explaing the connection between the kingdom of God-the day of the lord- and the jubilee. I thought a jubilee for creation interesting. I picked it up and flipped through it. The first chapter on the lake of fire grabbed my attention. All the theological issues i had been wrestling with for the last 8 years of bible college and seminary were addressed in the book. My heart changed almost immediately. Burden was lifted from me as i realized that the eternal fate of my 300 students was up to God and not me.

Through further research i found bible truths and it has been the double witness i needed. I feel so fortunate to have this wealth of information available at all times. Thanks Ray and i am looking forward to getting to know my fellow heretics.

Shane

hillsbororiver

Re: Hello my name is Shane
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 09:46:03 PM »

Welcome Shane,

You are among "heretical" friends here, just imagine that, a God who actually loves ALL His creation and is transforming all of them into His Sons and Daughters! What heresy!

I look forward to fellowshipping with you,

Joe

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 11:40:01 PM »

Hi Shane

Welcome to the forum again. God has shone us so much love and hopefully this will be a place where we can develop a closer relationship to God and learn to show our love toward each other.

(Rom 11:33 KJVR) 
O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Look forward to sharing and careing.

Beloved         

ned

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 01:01:20 AM »

Derar Shane,
Welcome to the forum. Praise God for leading you to this place of fellowship! Keep your eyes on Jesus!

Your testimony just happened to fall in place with my bible study and reflection this morning, which I want to share with you and the others.

I prayed in my mind and asked God what about Nate. What about Nate. If he dies today is he really going to burn in hell. I need an answer God please.

This morning my study was on "ask and ye shall receive" from Matt 7:7, Matt 21:22, Mark 11:24, etc..
I always want to understand in my mind these popular verses taught in all churches, and have an answer ready if someone was to ask me about them.
I concluded that this popular scripture refers to asking within God's will and receiving because it is His will. Period. If we make a worldly prayer, we are fools to believe it is His will and I think that's why many wonder; why hasn't God answered my prayer?

Anyway Shane, when I seen your post, and your earnest prayer to God to show you the answer, this is His will, and He provided! (Praise His Name!). You asked and received!
When I left my church, a church member/friend and I had a discussion about the difference in our beliefs, and of course, her eyes were blind and she couldn't see the truth, but at the end of our conversation I said to her that maybe she should just pray to God that He would reveal to her the truth....well...I couldn't even get my sentence out and she blurted out "but I already know the truth, I don't need to ask Him to show me. I'm comfortable in my heart about Him." 
No wonder she is blind and cannot see, she won't even ask!  How she (and so many others) just accept this heresy makes me sad.

Thank you God that you are Love, just like your Word says!!

I look forward to your posts Shane.
Love,
Marie

Kat

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 09:46:33 AM »

Hi Shane,

Good to have you here.  Isn't the wealth of truth God is revealing wonderful.
Just to think you are among the very few that are having their eyes opened,
what an incredible blessing it is.
It will be good to have you at the forum,
it's a place to come and be among like minded friends.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 11:13:43 AM »

Welcome Shane,  what an interesting testimony.  Boy, no two are alike. The Lord leads us in many ways.

Put your seat belt on-you are in for the ride of your life-christendom doesn't like the good news that we "heretics" share.

God Bless You,
gena

orion77

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 12:18:56 AM »

Shane, welcome to the forum.  Its good to realize it is okay to use some common sense in searching for the truth, instead of blindly accepting all they teach. 

Us heretics use maybe 15% of our brains God has given us,  ;D ;D.  Along with His Spirit makes all the difference.

Be good to see your posts and learn from your vantage point.

God bless,

Gary

mongoose

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 01:22:47 PM »

Welcome Shane!   ;D

mongoose

chuckusa

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 01:53:01 AM »

Hi Shane,

Welcome to the forum... :)

Chuck

Layla

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 02:06:00 AM »

Hi Shane

Creation's Jubilee - Dr. Stephen Jones.  Very good book.  He has several.  He also has a site if you are interested in the link I would be happy to send it to you.  Isn't it wonderful to hear truth!!  Welcome!

Peace,
Layla

ScarletWren

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 06:56:18 PM »

I have a copy of the book Creation's Jubilee, I have read it several times.  It is awesome.  The Jubilee is such a fantastic concept that most of the churches have never really talked about.  It's sad how there is so much symbolism in the stories of the Bible that we miss in only looking at the surface value.  That is important of course and a very good starting place but when we never get past the literal in the stories, we lose so much.  The story of Joseph and his brothers has so much love and forgiveness in it how did I ever not realize it was the story of Christ?  And then I read a pamphlet from a site by a woman about the Benjamin Company and it was absolutely thrilling.

Well, welcome Shane,  I too look forward to again maybe having some fellowship with believers of like mind.

Trish from Tucson, Arizona

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 05:32:18 AM »

Hi Shane

You are going to love it here and we are going to love you here too! :)

Arcturus :)

joyful1

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 12:20:33 PM »

Shane! Welcome! What a journey--eh? :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.