bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm So Frustrated  (Read 7223 times)

Origen II

I'm So Frustrated
« on: March 26, 2006, 11:16:15 PM »

I've recently been studying more and more on the subject of Universal Reconciliation and am convinced that this was the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.

However, in the past two months or so I have become more and more frustrated, angry, and depressed. I am always in dispute with other Christians (defending myself) from their accusations and their harsh judgements. I have become more angry with people in general and have lashed out often. I feel like I've been cursed with what I know.

Ever since that night that I kneeled down and prayed for God to grant me the truth in wisdom...and having come upon this site and began my journey in learning the truth, I have truly seen the other side of Christianity.

The saddest part is that in all my struggles so far...I have yet to find a group of individuals that believe as I do. I am so alone. Only I and my fiance believe these things and I am scared that I may be leading her into something that will hurt her more than anything else...

We are just so alone in all this. The lot of people around us are all eternal suffering proponents and of Christendom, and I and my fiance feel like aliens. I just have no support and I feel like I'm falling more and more into sin each day because of my anger and depression.

What can I do? Please help us.

orion77

I'm So Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 11:39:36 PM »

Dear Origen II,

Everyone here and everybody who comes to the knowledge of the Truth goes through these kinds of experiences.  Every word you stated in your post is like a mirror of my life.  Stay in the word and build a strong foundation before you try to take on these so-called christians, for they will eat you alive.  

When Jesus walked this earth, He had a hard life.  He suffered greatly and we are not greater than our Lord.  If so we suffer for His names sake we also shall partake in His glory.  Part of the truth in truly following Jesus, in which churches dont talk much about, is the suffering.

There are many here in this forum who are great at quoting scripture to lift your spirits.  Just stay in His word, love Him with all your hearts and love your neighbors as yourself.  I truly understand where you are coming from.

God bless you both,

Gary

sparkyman481

I'm So Frustrated
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 11:43:09 PM »

Hello Origen,

It is all right, God is with you!!
You can do nothing. God will do it all for you. Be patient. This has been happening to others for 2000 years.

2Th 1:1  Paul, and Silvanus, and Timothy, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:2  Grace unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2Th 1:3  We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;
2Th 1:4  So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
2Th 1:5  Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:
2Th 1:6  Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
2Th 1:7  And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8  In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9  Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10  When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
2Th 1:11  Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:
2Th 1:12  That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

These verses apply directly to us in our daily struggles. We have the HOPE of CHRIST in our lives. All others will see the truth when their time comes have faith in that. You are in my prayers.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: I'm So Frustrated
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 12:47:00 AM »

Quote from: Origen II
The saddest part is that in all my struggles so far...I have yet to find a group of individuals that believe as I do. I am so alone. Only I and my fiance believe these things and I am scared that I may be leading her into something that will hurt her more than anything else...

You are not alone. Many of us here have no one and we would rejoice if we had a receptive spouse.

What a blessing to have your fiance. And you are not leading her into anything. If she is being drawn, it is God who is drawing her. You are simply an instrument.

Do not discuss these truths with anyone unless they ask you. We all want to tell the world when we first hear the truth, but we all get the same results you do.

The hand of God is on you, you know the truth. What a privilege! What a blessing!

Dennis

gmik

I am so frustrated
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 11:21:13 AM »

Welcome Origen II.  And Welcome to the Club!  I can say a big AMEN to your post and all the others.  All I have is my husband and son out of my entire family.  But gee, that is alot when you add the Lord in!  We just don't say anything to anyone anymore.  I even went to church yesterday just to see my granddaughter-(I sat and read my notes on Ray's teachings.) When you start reading the forum you see similarities in the pattern of...absolute joy and happiness over discovering the truth, and in knowing we were dragged,  then we tell everyone-Yikes, no one wants to know or they think-here they go again, another cult-, then for me, a kind of a depression type, loneliness thing goin on, then staying in the word and Mike & Ray's teaching gets me back grounded.  I will pray for you and your family.  How wonderful to be starting out your life together in the truth!.   God Bless you and stay in touch.

ertsky

I'm So Frustrated
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 12:15:33 PM »

one time i was going through a pretty hard time and about to lose heart (something i've done many times) and as i read this verse it was as if the Lord Himself looked up and smiled at me and said

Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

and as i read it the verse it sounded like it never had before, it was almost as if the Lord were winking at me, almost as if He knew i would make it, even if i wasn't so sure.

it was like He knew all my trials and sorrow personally deeply and had already known them all, it was as if He was my brother (i don't have a natural brother but i think i know what it feels like now)

Pro 18:24  A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.  

yes He is aquainted with grief

Isa 53:3  He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4  Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6  All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

God what an honour to be counted worthy to suffer with Him, to bear His reproach

sorry if i'm rambling here but my heart is meditating on a goodly theme

when i think back on all the trials He has sustained me through

all the times i have lost it completely

even cursed Him, rejected Him, insulted Him

and yet He looks at me smiles from deep within the Love of God and says

Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.    

He did that for us

well GOD!!! it's no wonder i Love Him

it's no wonder i cannot escape Him

GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN YOU THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD!!

ahhhh but in the valley of tears who can be so confident but Him

let it out or keep it in but He knows the end from the beginning

i pray we all find every blessing in life ordained of God

whether the more natural things like music, food, romance, nature,

or the spiritual things of the Word

all the blessings

1Co 3:21  Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
1Co 3:22  Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
1Co 3:23  And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.  

God knows i cannot express a fraction of that which i would here

stay under stay under

we have the Lord

Heb 13:6  So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

man when i think back over the years, tears and trials

laughter and blessing, hill and valley

1Th 5:24  Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

ahhhhhhhh

jennie

alone
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 12:37:22 PM »

My heart just breaks for this little couple. I know when I "was saved" I wanted to tell everyone and got "shot down" a lot! I couldn't understand why people didn't want to hear it and didn't want to be around me. If you are reading this, know you are not truly alone. You have the love of God and these wonderful friends on this site. I will hold you in my heart and lift you up in prayer that God will give you friends where you are that will love and appreciate you. Jennie

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 12:49:20 PM »

Quote from: Dennis Vogel

You are not alone. Many of us here have no one and we would rejoice if we had a receptive spouse.

What a blessing to have your fiance. And you are not leading her into anything. If she is being drawn, it is God who is drawing her. You are simply an instrument.

Do not discuss these truths with anyone unless they ask you. We all want to tell the world when we first hear the truth, but we all get the same results you do.

The hand of God is on you, you know the truth. What a privilege! What a blessing!

Dennis

This is truly outstanding advice, many of us are very familiar with what you are going through, we are overjoyed at the Good News we have been given and desperately want to share it with others. It comes as a shock when the response is negative and we are sometimes taken aback to the point of despair, do not worry because;

Mat 5:11  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil,  against you falsely, for my sake.

Mat 10:22  And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mat 19:29  And every one that hath forsakenhouses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Luk 21:17  And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

Continue to study and pray and be thankful you have your fiance by your side, many of us do not have even that, some of our spouses and loved ones also reject this out of hand, the Lord has not drawn them yet. Like it it written, have patience added to your faith and when you are asked about your beliefs be prepared to answer.

2Pe 1:5  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2Pe 1:6  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

2Pe 1:7  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

People that know me are very aware of my love for the above verses, this process is a struggle for me but I know the Lord is working in me to bring this about. This is not an easy journey, but yet it is a joyful one.

Joe

love_magnified

I'm So Frustrated
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 02:23:48 PM »

However, in the past two months or so I have become more and more frustrated, angry, and depressed. I am always in dispute with other Christians (defending myself) from their accusations and their harsh judgements. I have become more angry with people in general and have lashed out often. I feel like I've been cursed with what I know.

Acts 5:39-42
And they agreed with him, and when they had called for the apostles and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name. And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

jennie

alone
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 02:29:13 PM »

It can be a hard thing. My brother calls me and my husband "religious"
which I don't take well to! I have told him that it is not anything we wish to be labelled as. Oh well, we know what we are!

SandyFla

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 03:30:05 PM »

We are just so alone in all this. The lot of people around us are all eternal suffering proponents and of Christendom, and I and my fiance feel like aliens. I just have no support and I feel like I'm falling more and more into sin each day because of my anger and depression.

What can I do? Please help us.

You aren't alone - you've found this group, and most of us believe as you do.  :)  While it might not be the same as having face-to-face meetings with likeminded people, it's better than nothing. At least you and your fiancee have each other; most of us have no one nearby who believes as we do. I don't say that to complain--just stating a fact.

I've gone through the fire of being labeled a heretic for even suggesting that Jesus would actually consider saving the whole world. Just last night I tried to talk to my mother when she brought up the idea of people going to hell where they'll never have a chance to be saved. Again, I tried to show her, but she says she'll just go by what the Bible says. It's like talking to the wall.

Hold on to what you know, and remember that only God can open the eyes of the blind--both physically and spiritually. Until He does, they just won't see it.

Please don't get angry at them. You wouldn't get angry at blind people who can't see the beauty of this physical world, would you? They can open their eyes as wide as possible and still not see a thing. It's the same thing spiritually. They'll never see God's truths unless God opens their eyes.

zander

I'm So Frustrated
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 04:51:58 PM »

Thats a great analolgy Sandy, liked that a lot.  Dennis is right to say you are blessed in having a partner believe as you do.  I worry about that aspect.  if i lose my "girlfriend" to the church, then that couild present all sorts of challenges.  Her mum is a strict member of the firm and no doubt she will encourage her.

I havent met an=yone who beleives like i do.  APart from the guy i bought a Concordant bible from about 2 yrs ago and that was over the phone.   So, Origen, dont fret, id say.  I keep stum about what i beleive, unless it comes up in conversation - and the only people that l;ove my scriptural views on it are -

Atheists

shibboleth

I'm So Frustrated
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 05:20:12 PM »

I know one woman who lives 80 miles from me. We talk on the phone every 2-3 months. Other than her, I don't know anyone else who I can talk to about the deep things of God. Except you all, of course.
One day I woke up just crying my heart out because I so longed to have someone I could talk to face-to-face. The Lord kind of quickened in my spirit that I still need to grow up in Him and I need to forsake all others before He is going to do that with me.
Then I thought, maybe we could move south where Ray and Mike are. There are more believers down there. Then the Lord said He needs His people all over the country and world, not just in one corner of it. So, as the tv show says"Father Knows Best."
I appreciate the forum and God graciously allowing me to find it so I can have some type of fellowship.

SandyFla

I'm So Frustrated
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 05:36:03 PM »

Quote from: bobbys43
God has each and everyone of us right where he wants us!

Phil. 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want; for I have learned,in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content!

bobby

My pastor back home used to quote that all the time. He jokingly said "whatsoever state" even means Pennsylvania (where we lived at the time)! ha!

Origen II

I'm So Frustrated
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 01:22:31 AM »

I am truly blessed to read all these :)

You all have uplifted my spirit in such a great way. I feel overjoyed. I have also realized many of my faults. My anger has overcome me. Just recently I got in a heated dispute with some Catholics and it turned into a vulgar mudslinging contest. I was so ashamed with myself that I nearly cried. That day I realized I had a major problem.

I will continue to study and do my best. I need to come on here more often. I will invite my fiance here so she can post as well :)

Thank you all and many blessings :)

ertsky

I'm So Frustrated
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 12:38:26 PM »

I was so ashamed with myself that I nearly cried. That day I realized I had a major problem.

i thought that was just so right on !

i could relate to that so very well

such an exciting attitude that is, God is really working i believe wherever that attitude comes to the fore

Psa 34:17  The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Psa 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
Psa 34:19  Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
Psa 34:20  He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.
Psa 34:21  Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
Psa 34:22  The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

thanks Origen

f

eutychus

I'm So Frustrated
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 12:43:25 PM »

good frank!!

here is more for us:

Isa 40:1
Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God

Isa 61:2
To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

2Co 1:3
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

2Co 1:4
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

awsome God and SAVIOUR

love
chuckt

ertsky

I'm So Frustrated
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 12:56:10 PM »

2Co 1:4
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

i know all the verse are so phenomenal but i just love that one chuck

the thought that God uses us in this way is just so exciting

just like Christ

Luk 4:18  The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

thats our Saviour

WHAT A SAVIOUR!!

this morning very early i stood in my back yard, the garden was beautiful, i looked up and the morning sun was playing on the clouds it was so beautiful, i could see birds flying about and twittering their incredible tunes and i could feel the comfort of God all over after coming through a trial and i just stood there for like 10 minutes

truly

Psa 30:4  Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
Psa 30:5  For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

what a God what a plan what a purpose

HE DOES ALL THINGS WELL!

f
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.