bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confusion  (Read 4046 times)

Indagator

Confusion
« on: March 27, 2006, 12:08:06 AM »

There is a verse, which by using e-sword I can find similarities, but still confuses me if taken as it's written.  Then again I could be thinking too literally.  Insight is appreciated...

Mat 19:4  And1161 he3588 answered611 and said2036 unto them,846 Have ye not3756 read,314 that3754 he which made4160 them(all?) at575 the beginning746 made4160 them846(both? or seperately?) male730 and2532 female,2338

In other words, I'm saying this could be read in two different ways...which is correct?  Were we created seperately as male and female, or from the begining were we created as one...BOTH male and female?  Hewp

:?

*edit*

I've recalled Genesis where this is originally stated, and it seems like that *should* clear it up for me, but I"m still having trouble figuring this out.  I'm going to need to pray on this one...trying to do it myself is not working.  I need the paraclete for this.  Actually for that matter...why am I even trying to do this myself at all?  Well, ok so I've been talking to myself basically, but now I'm going to go do some real work (yes, I talk to God out loud too...I'm a bit nutty like that  :P )  Regardless if you have insight to offer, I thank you...if not...I thank you anyway  :)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Confusion
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 12:54:50 AM »

Concordant translation: Mat 19:4 Now He, answering, said, "Did you not read that the Maker from the beginning makes them male and female, and He said, 'On this account a man shall be leaving father and mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall be one flesh'?

This is pretty clear that it is two people being talked about.

Dennis

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Confusion
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 09:46:41 AM »

But it is possible Adam was both male and female.

Dennis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.