bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what God wants  (Read 4227 times)

stego

what God wants
« on: September 27, 2006, 04:18:58 AM »

Hello all,
    I have read many of Ray's articles and i have a crazy question.  Would you say it is true that anything i have done in the past God planned/wanted for me to do?  Ray says in one of his articles that God wanted/planned for there to be people that don't understand God's simple truths, just as he wanted/planned for there to be people like Ray that expose those who contradict.  So if i choose to cut off my leg, then God planned/wanted me to cut off my leg??  I mean obviously it is wrong for me to cut off my leg, just as it is wrong for people to preach damnable sermons.  But my understanding is that anything i do God planned/wanted me to do.  So if i do anything, it is because God wanted me to do it, correct?  Thanks.

Sean

Kat

Re: what God wants
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 11:03:29 AM »

Hi stego,

In every case Scripture shows that it is God,
who is behind all circumstances that influence and
cause a person to make the one and only choice possible under any given circumstances.
God is the cause of all,
and absolutely nothing is unpredictable or unknown to Him.

Eph 1:11  In him we have obtained an inheritance,
having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 01:58:28 PM by Kat »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 04:22:42 PM »

Hello Stego

Psalms 50:14,15.....Offer unto God thanksgiving, pay your vows, call on Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you and you shall honor and glorify Me.

For me this means we can not even thank God or do what we promise or call on God when we are in trouble if God doesn't first deliver us.......After God delivers us....then the CONSEQUENCE is that we shall honor and glorify Him......

so for me, what God wants and will eventually get, is our thanks, respect, trust and acknowledgment......something HE brings to us according to HIS Will, in His time and in His way....

for now let uscontinue to encourage one another and rejoyce in what HE has in store for us all!.....

Arcturus

stego

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 01:46:30 AM »

Ya i never went to church, i just relied on my own reading of the bible (although i haven't read nearly all of it).  Thanks for the answers everybody.

Sean

chuckusa

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 02:27:12 AM »

Sean,

Yeah, thats about right.

For example: I don't think that you would cut off your leg for no reason.

Why? Because God gave you the reasoning that cutting off your leg would be pointless. Maybe one day he will remove that reasoning, and you WILL, if that is what God desires for you.

So in fact, even our "choices" are tempered with his incredible love. Maybe that is way too simple an example, but it just came to mind...sorry, its. kinda late... :)

God bless,
Chuck

« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 02:28:16 AM by chuckusa »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.