bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a bible study "Jehovah" and "Jesus? Online site  (Read 4998 times)

Victoria

Is there a bible study "Jehovah" and "Jesus? Online site
« on: September 27, 2006, 09:45:53 AM »

Hello,

Just want to know if there is a bible study for the "Jehovah , Jesus, or Yahweh.  Can you give the link.

Thanks!
Blessing
Victoria

Kat

Re: Is there a bible study "Jehovah" and "Jesus? Online site
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 10:16:51 AM »

Hi Victoria,

If you do a search, I'm sure you would find hundreds or thousands of site offering studies of anything you would want.
But we are here at Bibletruths, because God has lead us here and this is the truth we enbraced.
There is no where else that you will find the truth that is here.
God has called us to come out of the world and be separate and different, a peculiar people.

Deu 14:2  For you are a holy people to Jehovah your God, and Jehovah has chosen you to be a peculiar people to Himself, above all the nations that are on the earth.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 10:35:34 AM »

Hello,

Just want to know if there is a bible study for the "Jehovah , Jesus, or Yahweh.  Can you give the link.

Thanks!
Blessing
Victoria

A couple responses from Ray from e-mail questions;

Ray

Ever since I began looking for the truth, I had wondered about the Consistency of Various Words, Names and Locations through out Bible. Thanks to your site (which is the first I ran into) I found out that it's bad (or deceitful) scholarship to translate Aion as eternity, and to use various words (such as spirit and soul) interchangeably.

But now with those out of the way, I come an issue (of sorts).

I have, through a search, found a couple of Webster's most proper names for most (not all) Bible Prophets, Apostles and The name for Jesus and God (who is sometimes called Jehovah).

Should I now (seeing that I have a good Idea of what God and Jesus' name is) continue to use these translated words? or Should I use the Hebrew Name?

While were on the topic of consistency, How Does Rotherham and Concordant Render their Names?

To make a rather long story short, is it okay that I use these "translated" Names in Prayer? or should I use the Names of The Hebrew and Greek.

I don't mean to sound sarcastic, rude, impolite and such is not intended.

Ps: yes I understand the response of your last letter dealing with Faith and how it's impossible to permanently lose grace.

[Ray Replies]

Jeff it is good to know the MEANING of Greek and Hebrew names, but when it comes to how one pronounces them, that is sheer folly. I have groups virtually make a NEW RELIGION out of how we pronounce and spell the names and titles of Jesus and His Father.

Translating "aions" into English "eternities" COMPLETELY changes the meaning of the original word. Calling Jesus by His Greek, Latin, or whatever, as opposed to how His name is pronounced in Hebrew proves NOTHING. And certainly is NOT a sign of spirituality. Besides most of the population of the world who is familiar with the KJV wouldn't even know who you are talking about. Paul became ALL things to ALL people that he might gain some.

We can even call God the Father "Pappa" if we want to, so give me a break!

Jeff, don't ever let people make you feel spiritually inferior to themselves through the use of supposed higher knowledge. If they are shaming you, then SAME ON THEM!

God be with you.

Sincerely,

Ray

Hi Ray,

I have learned alot from you and Lew White. My question is, what is your understanding of our creator's actual name and the name of his son. YHWH? Yeshua? My apologies if the answer is already on your page somewhere.

Keep the truth coming brother.

Jeff

[Ray Replies]

Dear Jeff:

FACTS:

The New Testament was written and preserved in GREEK manuscripts.

GOD said through HIS ANGEL, that HIS SON's Name should be called: "Jesus" [Gk: "Iesous"].

All of the Apostles called God's Son, their Lord, JESUS, the Christ.

God calls His Son, "My SON."

Jesus calls His God, "My FATHER."

Now those are the facts of the New Testament. Hundreds of thousands of idol worshippers call what I have just presented to you, HERESY. No, this is not heresy, but the facts of Scriptures.

God be with you,

Ray

I hope this helps,

Joe

Victoria

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 02:14:46 PM »

Thanks for the respond,

I still have a question... Are you all baptized in Jesus name? Is there a web site for Ray Smith selling books for the Jehovah's info.?

Victoria
Blessings

chuckusa

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 02:55:04 PM »

Victoria,

Ray doesn't selll anything. There are some links that include audio and video of various conferences, but that is all that exists, to my knowledge.

Could you explain to me exactly what you are looking for? I would like to help you find it, but so far in reading your posts, I still don't understand what you are seeking.

As someone already mentioned, there are hundreds of thousands of sites that teach about Jesus, Jehovah and any topic that you can think of.

As far as baptism, what other name would someone be baptised under, if not Jesus Christ? Besides that, a physical baptism isn't something that would likely be discussed at this forum.

If you could please explain what you are confused about, then I would be happy to try and point you in the right direction. I'm happy to see that you are seeking, and asking questions, but I am starting to feel that you may be confused about the type of material that is linked to this forum (L. Ray Smith-Bible Truths).

Please don't take this as discouragement, It is not intended that way. I simply want to see a sister find the answers she is seeking, but so far I just can't figure out what your questions are leading up to. What is at the core of your posts?

If I have misunderstood, please forgive me, but please do help ME to understand what direction you are traveling...so that I (we) can help YOU... :)

Love in Christ,
Chuck

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.