bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Sinner.  (Read 4969 times)

jerreye

A Sinner.
« on: September 27, 2006, 10:06:24 PM »

I just want to ask the people in this group that feel led, to pray for me. I have a pretty serious lust problem that simply doesn't want to let me go. I ask you to pray that God will find it in His heart to forgive me for my lack of self-control and lack of true spiritual love. I know it says in James that the prayer of a righteous man availeth much (as bobby recently posted - you bobby are in my prayers), so I want to put this scripture to use. His Word cannot return empty! Thank you for anyone that is led to pray for me.

Sincerely,
Jeremy

buddyjc

Re: A Sinner.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 12:32:22 PM »

I will pray for you Jeremy. 

Your Brother,
Brian

jerreye

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 03:44:34 PM »

Thank you brother Bobby, Brian (and all others who may have prayed) for your prayers. I truly appreciate them all.

May God richly bless all of you,
Jeremy

Kat

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 05:06:52 PM »

Hi Jeremy,

I think 'lust' is a common problem, of one kind or another, with us all.
We all can relate to what you are talking about.
I would think if you are coming to see this as a serious problem you have,
then God is working with you, to lead you to overcome it.
I will pray for God to give you strength and courage,
for this battle you are dealing with.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 10:06:02 PM by Kat »

chuckusa

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 06:43:31 PM »

Jeremy,

I will pray for you brother.

Love,
Chuck

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 07:03:24 PM »

Hi Jeremy

This is a terrible terrible place to be!  Thank God that you have remorse and a contrite spirit.....if you didn't.....just think of that!
God is working with you.....I hear your cry of pain. Be patient and remember Jesus died for all sins and He is coming again to complete HIs work..

Heb 9:28 Even so it is that Christ, having  been offered to take upon Himself and bear as a burden the sins of many once and once for all, will appear a second time, not to carry any burden of sin nor to deal with sin, but to bring to full salvation those who are eagerly, constantly and patiently waiting for and expecting Him....

....We have an High Priest who  understands and sympathizes and has a shared feeling with OUR WEAKNESSES  and INFIRMITIES and LIABILITIES to temptation......Heb 4:15....

dont quit turning to HIM and know we all have weaknesses, infirmities and liabilities to temptations...until He comes again....!

Arcturus

jerreye

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 09:47:59 PM »

Thank you so much for your kind prayers Kat, Chuck and also for your words of encouragement Arcturus.

Even though I don't know you guys personally (yet), just know that you all mean the world to me. This is the only place I know of where true worshippers of God come together. God bless you.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 10:44:11 PM »

Thank you so much for your kind prayers Kat, Chuck and also for your words of encouragement Arcturus.

Even though I don't know you guys personally (yet), just know that you all mean the world to me. This is the only place I know of where true worshippers of God come together. God bless you.

Hi Brother,

You are in my prayers.

I am very familiar with just about every lust or weakness you can imagine and the temptations that come with them as well as the broken spirit that results from falling prey to these carnal desires.

Remember this Jerreye;

Pro 24:16  For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

Rom 7:15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

You are being refined or else you wouldn't even be thinking about it except perhaps to justify the natural man, have joy in the knowledge of this.

Pro 25:4  Take away the dross from the silver and there shall come forth a vessel for the refiner.

Zec 13:9  And I will bring the third part through the fire and will refine them as  silver is refined, and will try them as  gold is tried: they shall call on my name and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Mal 3:3  And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.

You don't have to look far to see that our Lord is ready, willing and able to bear this load with you.

Mat 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

How wonderful beyond words is that promise?

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

mongoose

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 01:11:01 PM »

My prayers are with you Jeremy.  May God grant you strength and peace in learning from Him.

mongoose

jerreye

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 01:22:06 AM »

Joe, Mongoose, you both are a blessing to me. Thank you for your prayers and wonderful words of encouragement. In time, I believe I will be healed of this mess!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.