bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Poll

Has God given you an experience through the Spirit that is your pearl?

Yes, and have learned the hard way, this is private between God and me.
- 4 (50%)
Yes, and have never related it to anyone.
- 2 (25%)
No, not yet, but I desire one.
- 1 (12.5%)
No, and I don't believe in them.
- 1 (12.5%)
No, and it bothers me that I have not as of yet had one.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 01, 2006, 11:47:47 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: His Spirit witnesses to our spirit  (Read 4924 times)

orion77

His Spirit witnesses to our spirit
« on: September 28, 2006, 11:47:47 AM »

This is the first time I have posted a poll on this forum, so bear with me.  The reason for the poll is to keep it anonymous.  Understand, from my perspective, the ones who have not had a rememberable spiritual experience, yet still have strong faith, are the ones who have been blessed with a greater faith.

Also, this poll is for informational purposes only, and not that one is better than another just because of spiritual experiences.  It is not about us, but all about Him.  Hopefully this came across in the right manner. 

I'll let the poll run for three days.  God bless.

Gary

CEO

Re: His Spirit witnesses to our spirit
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 02:52:49 PM »

How about adding another response:

Maybe,but I'm too thick to recognize it!

thanks,
                              Charles

orion77

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 03:45:45 PM »

;D ;D  Charles,

This is a stupid poll in the first place, serves no purpose,  :-[

Oh well, I laugh at myself all the time.  Just very thankful that my destiny is not reliant upon what I say or do,   :).  I'd be up the creek in a boat with no paddle. 

Soon as I hit the post button, knew it was a mistake.   ;D  Live and learn, I guess, live and learn.

God bless,

Gary

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 05:03:32 PM »

Gary,

Your self described "stupidity" has company, include me!

This is interesting actually.

I wanted to say that although I have yet to have that "third heaven" experience, I have had fleeting moments of clarity where the Word becomes so very much alive in me, to the point where I will be in a transfixed state of mind I can't put into words. A moment of understanding that is so crystal clear, timeless and of a pure love that I can only really faintly describe it because I can't even pull up a clear detailed memory of it. I always say when I experience this that I am going to write this down, share it with the brethren here in the forum..............then it fades.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe   

orion77

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 08:41:58 PM »

Thank you Joe,

I guess there is a selfish motive on my part to see if there are others who have had 'life defining' experience from God that words simply cannot explain.  Trying to explain it is impossible, because there literally is no way to give a description. 

That is why at the start of this poll, I think those who have not had an experience, yet still have great faith and love for God, have a greater faith.  All I can say, from what He has shared with me is that your faith is not in vain, as if you needed anyone to tell you, but God truly is the Light.

I have learned many years ago when trying to explain this type of an experience to the worldly religious will swiftly lead to a boot out the door.  At that time, I was young in Christ and needed to share the experience and to be treated by being thought evil of, was a hard thing to get over.  Yet, in time and through Gods providence, that is just what the doctor ordered.  Very thankful I never got caught up into pretentious worldly religion.

That experience is by far the most important aspect of this life, yet at the same time has brought on much self condemnation by attempting to live up to it.  Faith in the forgiveness that has taken place through the shedding blood of our Lord is what has atoned for our shortcomings.  The fact He has risen and returned to comfort us through the Spirit is what gives me life.  All I have to do is be obedient, pliable, and let Him work. 

Enough of my rambling, it's just good to find people who know the truth.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.