bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not exactly "new"...my name is Deb  (Read 5896 times)

snorky

Not exactly "new"...my name is Deb
« on: September 28, 2006, 09:59:51 PM »

Well, there I went and did it and revealed my true identity. Usually when I join a forum I stay anonymous using a nickname or something for quite a while until I feel comfortable, especially with some of the more controversial posts I make knowing I am still accepted (well I hope I am).

And now I'll tell you where "snorky" came from. years ago we saw a Simpsons episode where dolphins take over, and the leader was "snorky". My son was 10 or 11 at the time and one day in the back of the vehicle he started this "snorky" thing that was actually a finger puppet. then "snorky" became a little toy dinosaur that was in the truck, then other finger puppet characters were created and he and his sister who was 4 years younger made up this menagerie of finger characters. To participate I became the "snorky" character.

I may still sign my posts "snorky" or maybe my real name, but I am so happy to have found Ray's site and this forum. Another benefit has been that I now spend more productive time in Bible Study and more time doing God's Will and loving my neighbor. This is sort of a beakthrough for me since I tend not to trust people and have been so introverted my whole life. God is awesome indeed!

Deb aka snorky

Kat

Re: Not exactly "new"...my name is Deb
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 10:16:57 PM »

Hi Deb,

It is so good that you are here, I hope you will be sharing your thoughts with us more.
I do think I remember seeing your screen name from time to time   :)
The more of God's people are here and sharing, the more we learn.
That was a cute story about your kids.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

p.s. Kathy is my real name, no reason for the screen name  :-\

chuckusa

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 10:51:13 PM »

Hi Deb,

I'm glad to now have a name to associate with "snorkey". Don't worry, we all may have an edge to our posts from time to time. Sometimes we have to vent a little, but I don't remember you doing any of that.

From one introvert to another....I'm glad to know you Deb, and so happy that you feel more comfortable here. Some of us have to deal with lots of people on a daily basis and so we maybe aren't as cautious as some, but I understand how you feel about trust. Whats great here is that no one minds if you want to hang back a little, or just lurk around making a comment here and there...like me.

Peace Deb...
Chuck

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 11:22:38 PM »

Hi Deb aka "snorkey,"

It makes me happy to hear you are comfortable sharing with us. We are not perfect by any measure, but we are a work in progress, seeking His knowledge and patience and all the other fruits that accompany a maturing spirit.

Don't ever be reluctant to ask questions or clarification, this is how "iron sharpens iron."

Thank you for your introduction.

His Peace and Wisdom to you Sister,

Joe

ned

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 12:26:32 AM »

Hi Deb,
It is nice to put a real name to your screen name. I actually wondered what "Snorky" was. Thanks for sharing.
I have enjoyed reading all your posts by the way.
Love to you Deb,
Marie

mongoose

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 01:09:14 PM »

Hi Deb,
  I have to say you're a lot braver than me.  I understand what you say about trusting people.  I am very careful to re-read everything I post so that my real name won't be there or any idenfitying features.  I took a nickname for my screen name and that's been it.  Anyway, I'm glad you feel comfortable here and I admire you for taking this stiep.

Love in Christ,

mongoose (see I did it again... ;))

longhorn

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 07:07:30 PM »

Snorky - AKA - Deb. I always enjoy your post.  I wish more people on this forum would reveal their real name.  Mabey you will start a trend.  My user name is Longhorn, but my real name is Quaker Redenbacher.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

a_child_of_God

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 08:35:36 PM »

Welcome to the group Snorky (Deb). I'm thankful as well that I found Ray's site and this forum. Otherwise, I wouldn't have anyone to fellowship with.

Longhorn, :) I can't help but smile at your name. Any relation to Orville Redenbacher (whose popcorn pops up nice and fluffy)?  :)

Ruth Turner (my name)
Spokane, Washington (my city and state)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 11:52:03 AM »

Welcome to the group Snorky (Deb). I'm thankful as well that I found Ray's site and this forum. Otherwise, I wouldn't have anyone to fellowship with.

Longhorn, :) I can't help but smile at your name. Any relation to Orville Redenbacher (whose popcorn pops up nice and fluffy)?  :)

Ruth Turner (my name)
Spokane, Washington (my city and state)

Yes, he is Orville's less successful kid brother, the Pop Oats thing never really caught on...........................

Joe

longhorn

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 04:10:55 PM »

OK, Joe found me out.  My name is not Quaker Redenbacher, my real name is Alexander Graham Carnation.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

a_child_of_God

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 06:29:23 PM »

Just what I needed. A good chuckle.

Keep it up Longhorn!!

Ruth

longhorn

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 02:11:50 PM »

OK. I feel bad about fudging on giving my "Real" name.  For what it's worth, my name is Charles Lipton Keebler Renuzit.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

chuckusa

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 02:58:03 PM »

Longhorn,

That one must have been hard to admit... :)

Chuck

longhorn

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 03:03:23 PM »

It was chuck.... If thats your real name.   ;D

Love in Christ

Longhorn

chav

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 05:50:52 PM »

Hi my name is Dave
I live on the South coast of the UK I have been looking at the material on Ray's site here for about 3 months, and what I have read so far has really opened up my understanding. I view people differently now, rather than the often judgemental stance I used to take.My love for the Lord has also grown as I  enlarged my understanding of his plan of salvation, and that he has everthing under his control. I hope to continue to learn more in the weeks and months ahead.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.