bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Miracles of Christ  (Read 4687 times)

Kat

Miracles of Christ
« on: September 29, 2006, 02:34:11 PM »

* Miracles of Christ *

John 2:11  "This beginning of miracles Jesus did in Cana of Galilee. And it revealed His glory. 
                    And His disciples believed on Him."

1) water turned to wine
      - John 2:6-10
2) nobleman’s son healed
      - John 4:46
3) healing of a man with an unclean spirit
      - Mark 1:23, Luke 4:33
4) healing of  Peter’s Mother-in-law
      - Matt. 8:14; Mark 1:29; Luke 5:12
5) healed all manner of sickness and disease
      - Matt. 4:23
6) cleansed lepers
      - Matt 8:3; Mark 1:40; Luke 5:12-13, 17:14
7) healing of the lame man
      - Matt 9:1; Mark 2:3-12; Luke 5:18
08) infirmity in man 38 yrs healed
      - John 5:5
9) restored a withered hand
      - Matt 12:10; Mark 3:1, Luke 6:6
10) healing of a Roman Centurion’s servant
       - Matt. 8:5; Luke 7:1
11) healed all
       - Matt 8:16; Mark 1:34; Luke 6:17
12) raises widow’s son in Nain
       - Luke 7: 11
13) heals a demoniac
       - Matt 12: 22; Mark 3:8; Luke 8:22
14) calming of the storm at sea
       - Matt 8:26, 14:31; Mark 4:39; Luke 8:24
15) healing of the wild man of Gadara
       - Matt 8:28; Mark 5:1; Luke 8:26
16) healing of  a woman with a hemorrhage
       - Matt 9:20, Mark 5:25, Luke 8:43
17) raising of Jairus’ daughter
       - Matt 9:23, Mark 5:22, Luke 8:41
18) healing of two blind men
       - Matt 9:27
19) healing of a demon-possessed man
        - Matt 9:32
20) healed everyone who was sick
        - Matt 14:14
21) feeding of 5000 people
        - Matt 14:15, Mark 6:35, Luke 9:12, John 6:1
22) Jesus walking on the sea
        - Matt 14:25, Mark 6:48, John 6:19
23) Peter walking on the sea
        - Matt 14:29
24) boat came to land at once
        - John 2:21
25) healing of the Syro-Phenician’s daughter
        - Matt 15:21, Mark 7:24
26)  healed them all
        - Matt 15:30
27) feeding of 4000 people
        - Matt 15:32, Mark 8:1
28) healing of a deaf -mute man
        - Mark 7:32
29) healing of a blind man at Bethesda
        - Mark 8:22
30) heals the epileptic boy
        - Matt 17:14; Mark 9:14; Luke 9:37
31) found money in fish’s mouth
        - Matt 17:27
32) healing two blind men at Jericho
        - Matt 20:30
33) raises Lazarus
        - John 11:43
34) heals woman with infirmity
        - Luke 13: 10
35) dropsy healed
        - Luke 14:2
36) healing of blind Bartimaeus
        - Mark 10:46, Luke 18:35
37) His transfiguration
        - Matt 17:1
38) fig tree withered at once
        - Matt 21: 19
39) heals ear of Malchus
        - Luke 22:49
40) He disappeared
         - Luke 24:31
41) catch of  fish
         - Luke 5:4; John 21:6
42) He appeared in another form
         - Mark 16:12
43) He appeared in their mids
         - John 20:19
44) His resurrection
         - Luke 24:6; John 10:18
45) His ascension
         - Acts 1:9

This is only what is recorded in scripture, there was no doubt many many more miracles,
but this is quite sufficient to understand who He is.
There is no denying that the miracles of Christ were, an extraordinary thing and supernatural.
The Pharisees could not say He did not do these obvious miracles, that so many witnessed. 
So how was they to accuse Him?

Mat 12:24  But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This man doth not cast out demons, but by Beelzebub the prince of the demons.

To bring him into contempt with the people, they not only speak of him in a scornful manner, "this" fellow.
In their pride and their envy, the  more people magnified Christ, the more they desired to vilify him.
They were desperate to discredit Christ in front of the people,
therefore they were willing to blaspheme, by saying His power came from Satan.

John 11:47  Then the chief priests and Pharisees gathered a sanhedrin, and said, What can we do? For this man does many miracles.

John 12:37  But though He had done so many miracles before them, yet they did not believe on Him,

John 12:40  He hath blinded their eyes, and he hardened their heart; Lest they should see with their eyes, and perceive with their heart, And should turn, And I should heal them.

John 15:24-25  If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father.   But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: 'They hated me without a cause.'

John 6:26  Jesus answered them and said, Truly, truly, I say to you, You seek Me not because you saw the miracles, but because you ate the loaves and were filled.

The crowds followed Jesus to receive physical blessings. 
The miracles of Jesus were only for the healing of there physical flesh. 
He did great works, but while He was in the flesh, He did not raise the dead to spiritual life,
nor give the blind spiritual eyes to see nor spiritual ears to hear.

John 14:12  Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto the Father.

The greater works now, is through Christ in us, He raises to spiritual life.

Rom 6:4  We were buried therefore with him through baptism unto death: that like as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also might walk in newness of life.

The blind are given sight.

Act 26:18  I want you to open their eyes, so that they will turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then their sins will be forgiven, and by faith in me they will become part of God's holy people."

To heal the sick or those without spiritual strength.

Luk 10:9  And heal the sick in it, and say to them, The kingdom of God has drawn near to you

These are the last words that Jesus Christ spoke to His disciples while on earth.

Mar 16:15  And He said to them, Go into all the world, proclaim the gospel to all the creation.
Mar 16:16  He who believes and is baptized ( into Christ’s death) will be saved, but he who does not believe will be condemned ( to the second death).
Mar 16:17  And miraculous signs will follow to those believing these things: in My name they will cast out demons; they will speak new tongues ( our old self is dead, Christ now speaks in us);
Mar 16:18  they will take up ( strong’s 142- take away, remove) serpents ( Satan); and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them. They will lay hands on the sick ( spiritual), and they will be well ( strong’s 2192- following, be closely joined; 2573-no room for blame, in a good place).
Mar 16:19  Then indeed, after speaking to them, the Lord was taken up into Heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

This study was more extensive than I realized,
so if anyone has more or different insight into anything here, please share it.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

orion77

Re: Miracles of Christ
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 10:29:04 PM »

Amen to that Kat, good post!

Another great miracle is that He came to declare the Father.  Through these many miracles, bringing in the new covenant, the atonement of our sins, and the resurrection which gives us life, and the many things that are not written, this paints a perfect picture of our Father.  He is love, righteous, full of mercy and only wants the best for us.  He sent His Son to show us the Way.

God bless,

Gary

ned

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 01:17:26 AM »

Hi Kat and Gary.
Just wanted to share something here.
Regarding your quote of Mark 16, Kathy;
when I was first revealed the "truth", I was studying the translated word "believe". There are so many verses that use this word believe, if you believe you are saved, etc..., and I kept thinking, but so many people in my church do "believe" in Jesus, and then I realized the difference between how the many called believe and the few chosen. It is more than just believing, it is giving Jesus CREDIT for our faith. It is because of Jesus we believe, and because of Him only, we do nothing on our own to believe, contrary to what my church taught me.

(KJV) Mar 16:16-17  He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

believeth
G4100
πιστεύω
pisteuō
pist-yoo'-o
From G4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.

(CEV translates a little better) Mar 16:16-17  Anyone who believes me and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe me will be condemned. Everyone who believes me will be able to do wonderful things. By using my name they will force out demons, and they will speak new languages. 

So, I'll add to your list of the "Miracles of Jesus"
#46 Giving people the faith to believe (what a gift indeed, He gave it to me!!!!!)

Love,
Marie

Kat

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 11:37:42 AM »

Hi Gary and Marie,

Thanks for adding that.
The more I looked into this the more I found, and my list kept growing.
This was getting into more of the physical side of it,
it is great to comtemplate the spiritual aspects of His miracles.

Marie, those verses in Mark were so full of meaning,
being Christ's last statement to the disciples.
I was really trying to dig some of the spiritual understanding out of them,
your info about the word 'believe' really helps get some more of the meaning.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

orion77

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 06:20:23 PM »

Your welcome Kat, appreciate the effort you put into this study.

Marie, I have often thought of those verses in Mark.

(Mar 16:17 LITV)  And miraculous signs will follow to those believing these things: they will cast out demons in My name; they will speak new languages;

(Mar 16:18 LITV)  they will take up snakes; and if they drink anything deadly, it will in no way hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will be well.

They will speak new languages, is a language that only the faithful true hearted seekers can understand.  Speaking these truths on BT to others is like a different language to them.  Also, the next verse is speaking of false doctrines that can not hurt us.

Anyway, don't mean to get off topic.  Thanks again.

God bless,

Gary

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 11:08:08 AM »

Great topic Kat and all very interesting responses as well,

This verse came to mind when I was going through this thread;

Joh 21:25  And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Kat wrote;

John 14:12  Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto the Father.

The greater works now, is through Christ in us, He raises to spiritual life.

Exactly, this also opens up the truth behind this verse;

Mat 11:11  Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

I remember when Ray mentioned that Jesus did not convert anyone during His earthly ministry it was like a ton of bricks fell on me, I thought, impossible, no way, then it began to open up and I realized that the timid 12 became the emboldened brigade armed with His Spirit only after His death and resurrection, Pentecost, etc.

The things (Spiritual gifts) available to those who come after the Resurrection far, even infinitely exceed what was given previously to those who came (and went) before.

His Peace and Wisdom to you;

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.