bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bobby's for now farewell post  (Read 8889 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Bobby's for now farewell post
« on: September 30, 2006, 10:33:00 AM »

I feel hurt that Bobby posted us a farewell for now note and then locked us all out.....Have you had people you love needing time alone....did Jesus's disciples mourn and miss His presence when He went off alone to pray?  Did the people run after Him like lost sheep, hungry, thirsty and needing and trusting in Christ though they understood Him not? Does Bobby needing his space with God alone remind you of someone you lost or of a person who turned away from you or left you or your friendship behind? Is anyone out there feeling what I am feeling?

This work of God in me right now shows  these thoughts and feelings that are not aimed to create guilt, gossip or remorse but to show that I have hurts and wounds inside of me that need to come up to the light ....these hurts have come to light for the healing touch of Christ and have arisen....... I recall what Jesus said to Peter, get behind me Satan for you are in my way, an offense and a hindrance and snare to Me for you are minding what partakes not of the nature and quality of God, but of men."  Are we mindful of Christ if  our love for the privilage and joy of belonging here in this forum replaces the Spirit of Christ as our needs and familiarity with each other grows and perhaps begins to eclipse our reliance and releationship with  Christ?...is this what Bobby was feeling.....should we not also look inside ourselves?

If so Bobby has been pulled out of here for the time being by the very hand of God so we can judge ourselves and evaluate our loyalties to Christ and be in His presence just like Bobby has gone out to do.....

Let us all repent right now of all our self pittying wound licking and self-appeasing hurts (I am talking to myself here and writing this so I can see what I think!) .

As Bobby goes alone into whatever Gethsemeny experience he is entering in, let us watch and pray as Christ Himself asked His friends to do.  Let us  cry out to our God our love for His Son and one another. Jesus said we would love God and one another  if we LOVE HIM. Let us  ask God to bless us, each one of us in each one of our needs for HIS  Son Jesus Christ. [/b]

My pains and hurts show me my vital need for Jesus. that is not a bad thing either....it is a sore blessing.....

Arcturus

MG

Re: Bobby's for now farewell post
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 06:44:52 PM »

My only concern when Bobby first wanted to leave was a concern that he felt he had to leave and get better before he could be here with us. I see a lot of shame from posts on the forum and shame makes us want to isolate and hide. I'm feeling shame from some of my posts even though the posts were honest and I was telling the truth. I feel exposed though. I thank God that we are in a place where we recognize sin for what it is. We can't come to Jesus without the light exposing us and all that is in us. We all fall short of the glory of God. When I look at myself it feels like a bottomless pit of sin. God creates every circumstance to dig it out of me and bring it to the light. It is not a fun process at all. It's very painful and we will all have wounds from that process, but he is also the healer or our wounds. He wounds us and then he restores us. He squeezes us through that narrow way and the way becomes narrower and narrower. I don't think anything could be harder. My prayers go out to Bobby whether he is here with us or alone with God right now. There is no shame either way. God has us all just where he wants us. It is very obvious that God has given us all a heart that seeks him and hates sin. What a blessing that is.

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

mongoose

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 01:55:30 PM »

I understand why Bobby would put up that post and lock it.  How many pleadings would've been posted for him not to take any time if he didn't?  And I think, Arcturus, you may be onto something.  When these things happen, it is important for us to look at our feelings about them and take responsibility for them.  We can't look to anyone but God to fulfill our needs (be they emotional or physical or spiritual) and expect things to work out.  Our Father is the only one who can fill and heal us.  It is too much to ask of anyone else and unfair to them.  Not to mention it won't work because no person can fill the hole God created in us that only He can fill.  Bobby is so wonderfully caring and gives so much to so many here.  If he needs a break for whatever length of time, then he should take it with our blessings and prayers.

I understand what you say about shame MG.  And it can be the case.  However, sometimes it has more to do with not having the energy to take care of others and not having the time to listen and be quiet and hear God because we are so busy taking care of and listening to others.  Even Christ went away to recharge and He taught His disciples to do so as well.  Sometimes, that example is the one we need to follow.

Love to all in Christ,

mongoose

MG

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 03:23:34 PM »

Please know that I didn't mean that Bobby or anyone else was experiencing shame. I just know that I am attacked that way quite often and wanted others to know they are always welcomed here no matter what they are going through.

I could use a little recharging myself right now so I understand that.

Thank you for what you wrote Arcturus. That was very helpful to me this morning.

chuckusa

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 07:56:48 PM »

Hi all,

I liked what everyone said about this. Sometimes, we need to ride out the storm, and to heal...alone with God. It is a wise man who realizes the seriousness of Gods cleansing fire, and takes a most appropriate and mature step of isolating himself as he sees fit. Bobby knows that we will only love him MORE, when he returns.

If we are chosen, we are all going to have to do the same thing, many times before it is all over.

Love,
Chuck

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 09:08:14 PM »

The following is copied from The Lake of Fire III,

Gary (Orien77), Darren (YellowStone) and I also discussed this theme that runs throughout the entire bible in "Written For Our Admonition" (General Discussions) it is apparent no one escapes the judgement(s), it is only a matter of when.

The Lake of Fire
PART III

JUDGMENT BY FIRE MUST BEGIN AT THE HOUSE OF GOD

THE BELIEVER’S JUDGMENT BY FIRE

Well, yes, it does appear that there is a judgment on the house of God, but certainly not a judgment by FIRE, is there? Doesn’t God judge non-believers with fire, but not believers? This only sounds strange to you if you have never been taught the Scriptures.

"Beloved, think it NOT STRANGE concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some STRANGE thing happened unto you" (I Pet. 4:12).

Peter makes it sound as though going through fiery trails is the norm rather than the exception. The New Testament is filled with the fiery trials of the Saints.

Now I hope that none will be offended at my next few statements, but if so, so be it. Unless God Almighty through the purging power of His FIERY SPIRIT, is BURNING OUT the lusts and passions and vanity and haughtiness and greed and self-righteousness and laziness and weakness and hypocrisy and wickedness and pride and materialism and cynicism and depravity and carnality in your life, then Jesus Christ is not choosing you to reign with Him as the Sons of God in the Kingdom of God to bring all Heaven and Earth to repentance and salvation!

And I will tell you on the authority of Jesus Christ and all the Holy Scriptures, that anyone who teaches and takes delight in thinking that God would ever torture anyone for all eternity, will NEVER BE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD WITH SUCH AN ATTITUDE!

Such damnable character flaws of the mind and spirit are going to be burned out of us all! God will either BURN OUT these filthy impurities from our hearts and minds NOW, or He will BURN THEM OUT IN THE LAKE OF FIRE, but either way, make no mistake about it, THESE THINGS ARE COMING OUT!!!

JOHN THE BAPTIST: John the Baptist said that Jesus would be baptizing repentant believers with fire.

"I indeed baptize you with water unto REPENTANCE: but He that comes after me is mightier than I, Whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, AND WITH FIRE" (Matt. 3:11).

JESUS CHRIST:

"For EVERY ONE [sinner and saint] shall be salted with FIRE" (Mark 9:49).

APOSTLE PETER:

"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it [your faith] be TRIED IN THE FIRE, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ" (I Pet. 1:7).

APOSTLE PAUL:

"Every man’s work [including believers] shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed BY FIRE, and the FIRE shall try every man’s work of what sort it is" (I Cor. 3:13).

With such noble and august witnesses, does anyone deny that the repentant, converted, dedicated, believing Christian will escape being "revealed," tried," "salted," and "baptized" by FIRE? These Scriptures are undeniable! Whatever this "fire" is, it is going to be used ON EVERYONE. These four Scriptures have the believer specifically in view, but it says and includes "EVERYONE shall be salted with FIRE," and "EVERY MAN’S WORK ... shall be revealed by FIRE."
I call your attention to statement Strong’s (1b) "In Rev. 3:18 it [fire] is SYMBOLIC, of that which tries the faith of saints, PRODUCING WHAT WILL GLORIFY THE LORD"! (CAPS emphasis mine).

I just love it when Christian Scholars will occasionally just absolutely "nail" a Scriptural Truth. Notice this beautiful and profound Scriptural Truth: The symbolic fire of Rev. 3:18 tries the faith of the saints, and PRODUCES what will GLORIFY THE LORD! ASTOUNDING!

Carefully note that it is not the "believer" who "produces" these glorious things, but it is the "SYMBOLIC FIRE" that produces them. And just Who is this "symbolic fire?" It is, of course, GOD -- "For OUR GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE." (Heb. 12:29)!

Therefore it is GOD who "PRODUCES" qualities in the saints that will GLORIFY HIMSELF! God’s consuming SPIRITUAL fire (remember that "GOD IS SPIRIT" Jn. 4:24) does the "producing," not the saint,

"For HIS ACHIEVEMENT are we, being created in Christ Jesus ..." (Eph. 2:10).

"Now what have you which you did not OBTAIN? Now if you OBTAINED it also [from GOD] why are you boasting as though [you are] not obtaining [it from God]?" (I Cor. 4:7 Concordant Literal New Testament).

"All is of God" (II Cor. 5:18).

"The One Who is operating ALL in accord with the counsel of HIS will" (Eph. 1:11).

You can read the entire article here;

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html

jennie

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 10:54:24 PM »

I have been "out of the loop" so to speak so am not fully aware of all that has transpired. We all need to reflect and remember things we've experienced that has helped us learn and grow. Bobby and many others have seen me through some  hard times this year and I appreciate ya'll so much.

Victoria

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 03:04:32 PM »

Hello all of you my dear brothers,sisters and friends,

It is a very difficult time for me and I will not deny that. There is a situation I am going through right now and those involved,including myself, have acted in ways that are not good. Those others involved are not followers so I should not be surprised at what is happening.

I feel ashamed of myself for letting this carnal mind of mine get the best of me. I am being chastised and I know it is for my growth and for my good. I know God loves me and with much patient I know He will work it all out according to his will.

I had a talk with my big boss yesterday and he shared some things with me and it only proved that my suspicions were correct.

It was a hard pill to swallow but it has let me know what I need to do right now.

I do not want to give a big lengthy post here to explain what it is that is going on( it would probably bore you all to tears and or would probably think it is foolish) but if anyone is interested then please PM me and I will explain the situation going on in my life right now. I do believe it would do me much good to be able to talk to you all and the only thing I ask is that you listen(read) and I already know what I need to do.

Thank you so much for your love,patient and the many kind words you have said. You all mean so much to me and it is so hard to stay away or read without commenting on the posts here.

For those of you that have asked for prayers please believe me when I say that I do care for you and pray for you even if I do not comment in your request.

Love to you all,

bobby

Bobby,

I am not sure.. what exactly your need. Praying for you there will be no problem. But, if you have a pastor. Pastor supposed to  help you out.  This is the pastor duty.  Wether financially support or spiritually concerned.

Just an adviced as a sister in Christ. Sometimes you just have be opened in one person only. Faith without works is dead. Body without the spirit is dead also.

If this is a concerned about the enemy. The only way you can defeat the enemy by doing good. This is the way I been diciplined myself for many years.

Is Satan find you did wrong. Satan has something that he can prosecute you before God. But, if you did good. Satan has nothing that he can do to harm you. Actually the blessing is in your hand. You hold your own blessing or curse. Whichever you did good or bad.

I hope this will help you. You had nothing to worry if you live the best way how to live for God. As long you did not violate the word of God.

Blessings,
Victoria

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 07:29:13 PM »

Hi Victoria

I have recently recieved the blessing of listening to Rays teachings he gave at Mobile.    Ray explained that given the "opportunity" we would all be capable of being and doing great evils. (If we were born in a family of canibles, we too would become the same... thats how I understand this.....)

For me what makes us good is HIS Faith and what makes us justified before God is His death. ...if you meant that we should have a clear conscience...I agree that the measure against which we should see ourselves is the measure of HIS Spirit of love joy peace kindness goodness patience gentleness faithfulness and self control. I have a long way to go. I am glad that the Father will run out to meet me and you and everyone else who is returning to HIM ... ...........I like to think of the Prodigal Son's experience that can be like ours too....that embrace and joy of God at seeing us coming home to HIM....All by HIS doing and His blessing....

Arcturus :)

bobbys43

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 08:32:06 AM »

Victoria,

hello my friend. First I want to make it clear that I do not attend any institutionalized church of babylon. God revealed to me the lies and deciet that comes from it and I have no desire to return.

My trials are all of God and it is He and He alone that works in me according to His good pleasure. I am not perfect and still have a long way to go but my faith is in Him and He alone is in control of every thing.

Satan has no power over me or anyone that is in Christ Jesus. Can satan decieve and try? Yes he can but he is no match for God because God also controls him.

bobby

jennie

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 08:16:11 PM »

Hey Ya'll! I was just reading through this line of posts and wanted to let ya'll know I am still around. Just not as much because of our family situation. Bobby, if you read any of the posts, I want to thank you for being my friend and let you know that you are in my thoughts. I just know everything is going to be okay. Much love to all, Jennie

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 03:27:10 PM »

Hey Bobby

You wrote that, for me that is.... with balistic truth, creidible authenticity and dazzling accuracy!

"...my trials are all of God....Satan...God also controls him."  YES!  That inspires reverential awe of God...the choice part of Wisdom!

Arcturus :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 03:28:18 PM by Arcturus »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 02:32:45 PM »

I am happy to share with everyone what has been happening with me so far…

I have stopped praying for God to help me  8) because God showed me to stop asking HIM to help me.  I have been shown that the ME I am asking help for is my flesh and my carnality……God has DIRECTED me (I NEED DIRECTION) to pray for HIS mercy, grace and unmerited favour. He is showing me that I must turn to Him for the power of patient endurance and encouragement Rom 15 : 5   

Via Sorin I have been DIRECTED to study Ray’s critique of James Kennedy’s God is not responsible for the eternal fate of Africans. I, would NEVER have studied this because I LIVE IN AFRICA (know it all!….) and therein I am reading what Ray writes: and this only because in the Poetry Thread Sorin said that is where he got the poetry that he posted by Ray. I believe God DIRECTED me to study Ray’s critique of James Kennedy to SHOW ME  that:

1   God is absolutely SOVEREIGN! ALL IS OF GOD (2 Cor. 5:18)
2   Man does NOT have a free will. Man only makes “choices” which are always caused by circumstances over which only God has control.

Jer 18:11 …”I frame evil against you~” (Ref. God is not responsible for the eternal fate of Africans. A critic by L Ray Smith on the home page)

I’ve been framed by God! ….My trial is a great aid to get me  into understanding God’s goodness and  that ALL GOOD comes ONLY from HIM….not my job, not my right standing with the law or the Government of the land, not my income, not money, not my life, not my prayers even, not people in my life and not anything I  or anyone else can do at all BUT that ALL GOOD comes from GOD ONLY and from HIM ALONE …………I believe this is what God is showing me because it appears to me that everything in my llife has been at risk NOT to know this FACT and I have not known this fact for most of my life....and I still do not know it perfectly with pure unstained appreciation. ...!so here comes the practical application all made visible via refining fire showing up my attachments to things carnal and worldly.....

I acknowledge that God  has dragged me out of Mystery Babylon only very recently. All thanks be to God. He is now dragging me out of Imperial Rome!…..(My thoughts are turned to Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego as the flames of my furnace are being turned up seven fold hotter! My comfort is in the story of Joseph AFTER his ordeal where God gave to him the wisdom and grace to say to his brothers who had persecuted and gone against him…”Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither….for God did send me before you to preserve life….” Gen 45:4

Will I ever have those gracious forgiving words as sweet life  come through  my mouth…will I ever see regret in those who are making merchandise of me now?…..who have no mercy and no regrets now for they are hardened against me and blinded to what they do………….? They are part of the frame God has me in and He alone sees the bigger picture.  Will the pain of this discipline upon me through God’s refining fire ever turn sweet or will I faint under the blows of God’s chastisement? Lord, have mercy. Lord grant me favour and grace to endure in humility with submission to You alone Lord…This is my prayer.

As we go through our judgements now…are we as Joseph or Shadrach. Look at Gena….was her Jimmy like Shadrech?…Her Jimmy was loosed from the bondage of teaching and they came out with blessings!…The light in this testimony gives me hope only because I am far from knowing my God and I am thankful that I see His light shine through the testimonies of others. God is being very merciful towards me as he shows His light through these testimonies shared for my encouragement…. As for me I don’t know what God is making me to be….all I know is that the furnace is very  hot! And that God is with me not by any merit of my own….and that He is being merciful  or I would have been dust by now!….

Of my own, I am hopeless….but standing through grace.  I am tormented and in pain within but held steady by His hand of power. I am yet blinded to what I am to become, yet I hope still in HIS sight that sees ALL.

I hope what is happening to me is perhaps showing others the Sovereignty of God. I am a very hard nut to crack.  His Son alone is the best mediator and strength not because of what I am doing but because of what He has done.  If anything I hope my story shows  the supreme mercy and patience of our God! I know He is being patient with me and merciful too....

His Peace to you all

Arcturus… ::)..framed

gmik

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 12:59:27 AM »

Has anyone else here thought of this?

Arcturus, your writing is as poetic as your poetry.  Perhaps with the pen you will be writing your life that will help many, many hurting people. Your writing comes from the depths of your being.  I've thought so on many other threads.  God is surely refining you and you will come as fine, pure gold.

I am in tears for you as you go thru this fiery trial.  I am praying for a quick, speedy, Godly work.  He is indeed in Charge.

I hope you have not put this on this thread bcz you are leaving us.

Love,
gena

brothertoall

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 09:29:28 AM »

Arcturus I can feel your pain. I have just recently gone through that refining that our God of mercy and love puts us through. It was very unpleasant but when it is all said and done I have learned that I myself can do nothing. Oh I tried so very hard but failed at every attempt.

He revealed to me that not trusting Him to do what is pleasing to Him, was only my carnal wicked flesh taking control and I let it rear it's ugly head,again. He is slowly teaching me that it is all Him. Every breath I take,every step I take and every circumstance is all Him . All this is done that I may know Him more and more each and everyday and to be dragged closer to Him.

Is He done with me? No and I thank Him for that. I can remember praying one time and asking Him to do what ever it takes to keep me with Him and He is certianly doing just that. Not in the way I thought He would do that but in the way that He does it and what is best for me.

May His peace be with you and may He give you understanding in all that He is doing for you.

You have many,many people here who care about you and I for one am one of those people.

Much love to you my dear friend,

bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 03:59:04 PM »

Hi Gena and Bobby and the “many many people who care about me”……

It is so amazing to me that you wrote that you cried  for me Gena and that you feel my pain Bobby. Your  shared insight into what God is doing for you Bobby helps me to better grasp the loving ways of our Father….His Wisdom….and deep sensitivity towards us.

The anguish I have been experiencing under the blows of the Creator, I have noticed is reverberating in your souls too. Thank you that  you have communicated your fellowship, testimony and love in your own words and in your own special way. Kind words of encouragement and care impales my heart on a stake of humility. I thank God for His words to me of encouragement and peace written through you and the many others that have responded to my posts in thier own honest and unique ways. I thank God  for all those who have come forward because touched and all those who haven’t because they perhaps have been touched too deeply for comfort from  the blows of chastisement, and even for those bravely trying to look good in front of our Father God and failing miserabley in front of us...just look at some of the letters from detractors that Ray is answereing!...and  for (Mystery Babylon...self professed pastors, teachers, prophets and saints left behind to their back patting, lickspittle sycophantic ways) that He continues to separate me from ~ I THANK GOD! ~  when I can get to gasp above the pain, while He is dragging me along over cutting rocks and thorns,leaving me to numb out occassionally before continuing to take me through  my valleys of the shadows of death paths that are remotely similar but not nearly the same as the one and only unique path His Son once took for US ALL as He bled His way up to the triumph of HIS Faithfulness and Victory over all of your and my carnality and ..stupidity.

Though very small, and not reaching to those depths I would want to express and that can only be truly fulfilled by Christ, this poem,…….. is for you and all those …………who care………..

HELLO

My book of poems
I brought them out
To tell you what
I’m all about

I read the past
The sorrow creed
And happiness there
Could not concede.

A latch on time
My friend you rhyme
With pace of heart
Even distance apart

Your mind and soul
By work you control
Such tempest in glory
Can be such a sad story

Perchance you should know
That life has a flow
Not held by your hand
Not caught in quicksand.

The latch on a mind
By words is confined
The eyes of beholder
Is so much more bolder

Fully stripped before me
Even though you clad be
Reckoned then beyond time
Beyond verse beyond rhyme

Deeper still beyond word
Where silence is heard
And beyond even there
Far away from despair

Broken barriers of time
Beyond reckless rhyme
Beyond distance defeated
In reality completed

The now and the therefore
The physical wherefore
My life held in time
Such love can’t confine (14.8.1984)

Part ll 02 Nov. 06

The author not me
Even then I couldn’t see
What life held in store
For my heart broken more

And here I do find
Great peace in heart and mind
Not because I’ve resigned
But because I’m aligned

In the potters hand I am found
No more life to confound
For He’s blessed me you see
To see His light shine in Thee. :)

gmik

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 08:13:46 PM »

:( :( :(  :'( :'( :'( :'(   :) :) :) :) :)  :-*

Thank you.

gena

brothertoall

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 09:29:37 AM »

Arcturus,

My dear sweet friend. You have brought a tear to my eye. I thank you from the depths of my heart for the blessing you have given me.

I thank God for all that you and I and all the others here must go through in order to be drawn closer to Him. I thank God also that when we are put through these trials and learning expierences that we can be even closer to one another has brothers and sisters.

Love to you my friend and all my friends here at the forum.

You all do more for me than any of you could ever imagine and I pray that I can return that back to you 100 times over.

bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 02:14:48 PM »

Gena, Bobby

It is His blessing to me that HE shares with you and to you that DOES come back to me more than 100 fold! It does! it really DOES!

Can you imagine what it is like for me just for a moment......HE gives me words to write that do not find the light in my plight and my sinful blight and then this day to me HE does say....bring those words that I gave you and to my fold bring it back to you that you are among my very few that I did choose before you knew what to do and what to say....I knew it all in your darkest day.

You see....He knew me and he knew you...He knew to write a poem for you....written then not now....just to show HE cares....HE CARES!......HE CARES
and even in our despairs yet STILL HE CARES

I am crying now....tears of softness not stone, tears that He can bare alone.....Shared with me and us a few....all of whom HE KNEW HE KNEW...

What a privilage what a grace that rescues us from our disgrace..... :)

orion77

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 09:51:13 PM »

Arcturus, great posts.

Don't worry my friend, your suffering will return to you a thousand fold, for even our Lord Himself had to learn obedience through suffering.  And this is who we follow, so you are on the right track.

(Heb 5:5)  So also the Christ has not glorified Himself to become a high priest, but He speaking to Him, "You are My Son; today I have begotten You." Psa. 2:7

(Heb 5:6)  As He also says in another place, "You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek," Psa. 110:4

(Heb 5:7)  who in the days of His flesh was offering both petitions and entreaties to Him being able to save Him from death, with strong crying and tears, and being heard from His godly fear;

(Heb 5:8)  though being a Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered

(Heb 5:9)  and having been perfected, He came to be the Author of eternal salvation to all the ones obeying Him,

(Heb 5:10)  having been called out by God as a High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

(Luk 22:42)  saying, Father, if You purpose it, take away this cup from Me; but not My will be done, but let Yours be done.

(Luk 22:43)  And an angel from Heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him.

(Luk 22:44)  And being in an agony, He prayed more intently. And His sweat became as drops of blood falling down onto the earth.

So, just what do these verses say about our crying for help in our distress, as we can see He was in far worse distress than we can imagine.

(Heb 4:14)  Then having a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast the confession.

(Heb 4:15)  For we do not have a high priest not being able to sympathize with our weaknesses but One having been tried in all respects according to our likeness, apart from sin.

(Heb 4:16)  Therefore, let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy, and we may find grace for timely help.

God bless your heart for sharing Arcturus,

Gary
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.