bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Wonderful Promises  (Read 4655 times)

hillsbororiver

The Wonderful Promises
« on: October 01, 2006, 09:29:05 PM »

Our Lord has given us freedom and hope and wonderful promises to faithfully look forward to, there will be times that the refining Fire, the trials and tribulations we endure will be heavy but when this day arrives we must remember to pick up His yoke, He will be there with us.

Jos 3:7  And the LORD said unto Joshua, This day will I begin to magnify thee in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee.

Luk 21:28  And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Heb 8:12  For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Heb 8:13  In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

2Co 3:6  Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

1Pe 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Peace to all of my Brethren out there as we continue in our journey with Him,

Joe

MG

Re: The Wonderful Promises
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 03:29:34 AM »

Thank you Joe. :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 08:49:02 AM »

You are welcome MG,

There are times when I must slow things down and contemplate the promises we have been given and pray for the faith to believe them.

The "old man" within us, the "beast" of our carnal desires, of our idols does not give up without a bloody battle, our spirit can resemble a war zone, we are walking spiritual battlefields and we need to replentish the life giving waters He will generously supply if we humble ourselves and truly seek His will. We need the spiritual meat of His Word for the nourishment to give us the strength we need to fight this fight and remain or regain our strength in Him.

Many times I recognize the weary spirits of my brothers and sisters here, myself included. The joy recedes into consternation and even fear, the enemy seems so tireless, so persistant, we may be at a point where we feel our walk is secure, our priorities in line with His, then boom! Out of nowhere the cycle of doubt and all it brings begins once again.

When I see this happening so frequently here it actually tells me that we really do have a special blessing and calling in this Forum, the adversary works diligently to undermine our faith and his attacks on the brethren show his contempt for the spiritual awakening and maturation we are experiencing.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe 

MG

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 02:58:43 PM »

we are walking spiritual battlefields

I always forget about the battle when I'm suffering. When I go through fiery trials I keep my focus on God's purpose for the suffering and forget that my faith is also being attacked through it. Once I realize I'm in a battle and start proclaiming who God is and focus on his truth and promises and praise him it always gets easier.

The lies are yelled at me at the same time I'm going through the trial and always disguises itself as part of the trial if that makes any sense.

Please keep reminding me of the spiritual battlefield. I always forget.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 04:00:13 PM »

Dear Joe

I thank Jesus for shining Gods words to us through your post!

Also, Bobby.....I once had a real problem with the armor of the Lord. I was putting it on every morning as faithfully as I would get up and get dressed.....(I kn ow I know this was ritual, fear motivation not faith inspiration and gratitude) Then I started to get disturbing dreams and I prayed for insight as to why this  was happening...

I received the revelation that the armor of the Lord is not a garment....it is anatomy!....

I have since seen also that this armor... doesn't prevent prunning!.....I found that out too....

If you are too weak to put on the armor maybe its because you are growing into your anatomy and you have been prunned for more fruit.... :)

I do not want to compliment you, but the Lord who is working in you to our blessing and benifit and comfort. To you also Joe...

Arcturus :)

chuckusa

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 06:23:54 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

The issue of being "pruned" is always on my mind. I think you are right, some things do get in the way of that. It does seem like we are often resisting the gardner, when we really just need to open ourselves up, and trust God to do the needed work.

By the way, I ALWAYS have disturbing dreams...I wonder all the time why.

Those are very good words Joe, thank you for that.

Your brother,
Chuck
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.