bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please pray for me  (Read 5668 times)

MG

Please pray for me
« on: October 02, 2006, 05:40:08 AM »

My son is an alcoholic and suicidal. My mother has Alzheimer's. My grandson has migraines every day.

I can feel myself cracking under the pressure. I don't feel like I'm going to make it through all of this. I've been in God's fire for 36 years non stop. How much can we be expected to endure? Am I doing something wrong?  I don't want to wake up anymore. I'm too tired. I'm losing hope. I don't even have the strength anymore to search for more truth. I think I've reached the limit of what I can handle before going insane.

Please pray for me and for my family. It seems we are surrounded by evil and always have been. I don't know why.

hillsbororiver

Re: Please pray for me
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 09:19:18 AM »

Dear MG,

It really tears at my heart when I hear of the painful tribulations many of us must experience. I do not have the words to make it any less of a trial but we must remember the bottom line on our existence here, we are to be refined in the fire for a short time in preparation for the immortality and unrestrained joy that is our inheritence.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

May He grant you His peace and wisdom,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 09:40:06 AM »

Hi MG

I believe Jesus is with you and has been all the way....

I really believe this with all my heart.   I pray that HIs peace, Mercy and Grace touch you and your family with His presence to restore you to Hope, Trust and awareness that He is with you to lead you when you fall, to shelter you when you give up, to bless you when you can not go on and to hold you when you can not hold yourself up... Rest, Hope. Trust and know He is with the broken hearted...He is with you...it might not look like it....but He is.

Arcturus

chuckt

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:43:36 AM »

My son is an alcoholic and suicidal. My mother has Alzheimer's. My grandson has migraines every day.

I can feel myself cracking under the pressure. I don't feel like I'm going to make it through all of this. I've been in God's fire for 36 years non stop. How much can we be expected to endure? Am I doing something wrong?  I don't want to wake up anymore. I'm too tired. I'm losing hope. I don't even have the strength anymore to search for more truth. I think I've reached the limit of what I can handle before going insane.

Please pray for me and for my family. It seems we are surrounded by evil and always have been. I don't know why.

HELLO.

hang in there prayers going up.

you are much love.

chuckt

angie

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 11:43:12 AM »

Dear MG

I'm very sorry you are feeling so low and I will pray for you. Just know that you are not as alone as you may sometimes feel.

Angie
x

Kat

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 12:45:48 PM »

Hi MG,

Hang in there, we are all with you in pray.
Psa 9:10  And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee; For thou, Jehovah, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
Wait on Him.
I pray He will give you strength and courage.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

MG

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 03:24:58 PM »

Thank you for your prayers.

I'm feeling a little stronger this morning. I felt like I was cracking last night.

That's a good sign that I need to take better care of myself.

chuckusa

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »

MG,

Don't crack up, we need ya... :)

Yes, you DO need to take care of yourself. I am more careful now myself, after what I have been through. I realized that I need to be fully rested and ready for whatever God has in store for me each day...but sometimes it really is a struggle just to get up.

MG...you are loved, and I will always pray for you. Bless you sister for your honest and humble attitude. I'm so glad you feel better today.

Love,
Chuck

abed

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 12:44:01 PM »

Sometimes it is hard to understand some of these tribulations but once again God is always faithful and Merciful. I will remember you in my prayers. Please Read Psalm 91 for refuge. God will be with you in all these circumstances.

Remain strong in the Lord

Cheers,

Abed

gmik

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 05:49:18 PM »

MG  how is your son doing now??  Have you been able to talk to him about spiritual things?

My prayers are for you and your family to trust in Gods Will for you.  He will never leave us or forsake us.  I hope your son will believe and have hope!

love,
gena

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 08:11:11 PM »

MG.....What's news? :)....Are you experiencing any peace deep down inside despite the circumstances around you that you have no power to change?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 09:28:49 PM »

"Because He hath appointed A DAY, in the which He will JUDGE THE WORLD [Greek" inhabited earth] in righteousness ..." (Acts 17:31).

Most have at least heard of this judgment even if they have no solid understanding of what it is all about or its primary purpose. We will have a great deal to say about this judgment later. But first we will take a look at another judgment almost universally unknown in the world of Christendom. It is a judgment that involves believers, NOW!

Peter, who was given many keys to the kingdom, introduces this judgment to us:

"Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For [here’s the reason] the TIME IS COME that JUDGMENT MUST BEGIN AT THE HOUSE OF GOD ..." (I Pet. 4:16-17).

What do you know about this judgment on the house of God. Do you know anything specific? Well, don’t feel too badly, most people don’t. Apparently theologians and clergymen don’t know too much either, seeing that it is not a popular subject to teach. If they had even a superficial understanding of God’s judgments on the house of God, they wouldn’t interpret the great white throne and the lake of fire as some hideous act of divine eternal terrorism. These two judgments have much in common.

Just what is this human life on earth for, anyway? -- Why are we here? -- What is our purpose? -- What is God’s purpose for the Christian?

THE BELIEVER’S JUDGMENT BY FIRE

Well, yes, it does appear that there is a judgment on the house of God, but certainly not a judgment by FIRE, is there? Doesn’t God judge non-believers with fire, but not believers? This only sounds strange to you if you have never been taught the Scriptures.

"Beloved, think it NOT STRANGE concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some STRANGE thing happened unto you" (I Pet. 4:12).

Peter makes it sound as though going through fiery trails is the norm rather than the exception. The New Testament is filled with the fiery trials of the Saints.

Now I hope that none will be offended at my next few statements, but if so, so be it. Unless God Almighty through the purging power of His FIERY SPIRIT, is BURNING OUT the lusts and passions and vanity and haughtiness and greed and self-righteousness and laziness and weakness and hypocrisy and wickedness and pride and materialism and cynicism and depravity and carnality in your life, then Jesus Christ is not choosing you to reign with Him as the Sons of God in the Kingdom of God to bring all Heaven and Earth to repentance and salvation!

JOHN THE BAPTIST: John the Baptist said that Jesus would be baptizing repentant believers with fire.

"I indeed baptize you with water unto REPENTANCE: but He that comes after me is mightier than I, Whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, AND WITH FIRE" (Matt. 3:11).

JESUS CHRIST:

"For EVERY ONE [sinner and saint] shall be salted with FIRE" (Mark 9:49).

APOSTLE PETER:

"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it [your faith] be TRIED IN THE FIRE, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ" (I Pet. 1:7).

APOSTLE PAUL:

"Every man’s work [including believers] shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed BY FIRE, and the FIRE shall try every man’s work of what sort it is" (I Cor. 3:13).

With such noble and august witnesses, does anyone deny that the repentant, converted, dedicated, believing Christian will escape being "revealed," tried," "salted," and "baptized" by FIRE? These Scriptures are undeniable! Whatever this "fire" is, it is going to be used ON EVERYONE. These four Scriptures have the believer specifically in view, but it says and includes "EVERYONE shall be salted with FIRE," and "EVERY MAN’S WORK ... shall be revealed by FIRE.

Our Heavenly Father is NOT FLESH, but is the Father of SPIRITS! God is SPIRIT. God is working with our SPIRITUAL life. God does not chasten and correct us believers in Christ Jesus with physical rods, straps, belts, sticks, paddles, and the back of His hand! So how is it that God our Father of spirits accomplishes on a spiritual level what our physical fathers tried to accomplish on a physical level? Verse 29 gives us the answer: "For our God is a CONSUMING FIRE !"

And so we are assured that EVERYONE will be "revealed," "tried," "salted," and "baptized" "in FIRE." And these fiery trials as Peter calls them go on for a lifetime. If it were real, physical fire, all believers’ lives would be short indeed. God is SPIRIT, and God is a CONSUMING FIRE. It is God’s SPIRIT that is likened to fire. The spiritual teaching in this symbol is to recognize what real fire accomplishes and to then use that as an analogy as to what God DOES TO US (or more properly FOR US).

The entire article is here;

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Andy_MI

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 10:15:50 PM »

Thank you Joe for sharing that. I'm going to revisit this study. This is just what the Doctor ordered.  :)

Peace,

Andy

gmik

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 03:04:50 PM »

Almighty through the purging power of His FIERY SPIRIT, is BURNING OUT the lusts and passions and vanity and haughtiness and greed and self-righteousness and laziness and weakness and hypocrisy and wickedness and pride and materialism and cynicism and depravity and carnality in your life, then Jesus Christ is not choosing you to reign with Him as the Sons of God in the Kingdom of God to bring all Heaven and Earth to repentance and salvation!-Joe quote

Whew Joe.  That is some list. I am hoping this burning out period can last our lifetime.  Right??

For awhile I just assumed by simply believing in the REAL Jesus of the gospel was enough to earn the title of "chosen". This year on Ray's site and the forum I have come to see that you are correct. To get rid of all those attitudes and habits indeed takes the power of Christ.  Nothing I can do.

Thanks,
gena

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 07:33:07 PM »

Joe

Thank you for the brimstone!..... 8)... (.ref LOF V1 ) ;D

It helped me :D

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.