bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: are all men in God  (Read 5630 times)

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
are all men in God
« on: October 04, 2006, 07:09:12 PM »

Hi
Can someone help me clarify something here, are all men in God?. The way i see it, but not sure if i'm right, ALL are in God but God is only IN those that believe?
If i'm right can someone give me some scripture.

God Bless    sansmile
Walk in the Spirit

hillsbororiver

Re: are all men in God
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 09:55:39 PM »

1 Corinthians 8

6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Ephesians 3

9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

All things, all men, all creation is in the Father like the fish in the ocean are in the water, all things are in the Father.

The firstfruits, the elect are those whom the Lord has chosen, those who have the Spirit of Christ in them.

Not all men walk after the Spirit in Christ, we are all in God as He is everything, but only His called and chosen have the Spirit of Christ within. 

I put together a few (out of many) verses that relate to this, I hope it is not too cumbersome and that it will help in understanding.

Matthew 11

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

John 15

16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John 17

6I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

7Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

9I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Romans 8

4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Galatians 4

6And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

1 Peter 2

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

10Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:58:27 PM »

Luke 3:6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Colossians 1:6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

I hope this helps. I know it did me. I went to Biblegateway and typed "all in God" and there were so many scriptures that proclaimed His salvation for all and I thank you Sansmile for the short bible study I just had because of this thread.

love to you,

bobby(bob)

Hey Brother,

I see you posted this as I was putting one together, good stuff Bobby, 1 Cor 8:6 kind of jumps out at you  ;)

Peace to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 10:00:26 PM »

Hi
Can someone help me clarify something here, are all men in God?. The way i see it, but not sure if i'm right, ALL are in God but God is only IN those that believe?
If i'm right can someone give me some scripture.

God Bless    sansmile

Oh yeah sansmile, by the way, I believe you are right,

His Peace to you,

Joe

sansmile

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 07:44:40 AM »

Thankyou all so much,

I thought i was going crazy, as i used these scriptures whilst talking to some Christian friends (church goers). They insisted that these scriptures were talking only to the church at that time not unbelievers.
 :)
Sansmile
Walk in the Spirit

chuckt

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »

awsome

CANT RESIST:

Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].

God is so much bigger than mainstream christinity has made him to be.

they have reduce God to the size of a book.

there is more inner space than outer space.

God the unseen particals.

all Glory and honour to him that sits on the "throne" and to his Lambkin.

chuckt
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 09:38:49 AM by chuckt »

sansmile

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 09:49:06 AM »

I am reading these replies and i am weeping with humbleness and joy at the love in here.

Love Sansmile (sandie)
Walk in the Spirit

athisfeet

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 10:24:09 AM »

Here are a few verses that help me with that:

1Th 5:10  Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

1Co 12:12-14 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many.

Eph 2:13-18 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 4:4-7 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Col 3:2-4 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, THEN SHALL YE ALSO APPEAR with him in glory.

sansmile

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 11:40:34 AM »

Thank You Bobby,

That is so good to know. :)

God Bless You all  xx
Walk in the Spirit
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.