bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new place  (Read 4506 times)

mongoose

new place
« on: October 04, 2006, 07:14:06 PM »

I haven't started a thread for awhile....at least I think I haven't.  Life has been crazy.  I moved about half-way across the country this summer.  The thing is...I didn't want to make this move; it isn't someplace I thought I wanted to live and all the people I know are very far away now.  I thought about it for a long time and prayed about it a lot.  A great new job opportunity is why I moved but, even with that, I didn't want to go so far from my friends and familiar landscape.  It wasn't something I was prepared to be all happy about doing.  I came to the forum not long after this started moving forward and I can't tell you all how much being able to come here and fellowship has helped with this transition.  I kept asking God to not make me move here but always coming back to telling God "ok, if that's where you want me to go, I will obey....but I don't like it".  I felt sad and resigned, but with resolve to not plant my feet and say "no".  (I'm not very good with change  :-\).

Well, I've been here for 2 months now and I am so amazed.  On top of my great job, my husband found a job that he is very pleased with.  We have a nice rental house to live in.  The people around us here have been very welcoming and helpful and so kind.  And it's beautiful (we moved to the mountains) and peaceful.  I didn't want to come and didn't expect to like it...but I found myself thinking of this as home just yesterday and I'm very happy and content here already.  I am afraid there's some sort of catch it's all going so well.  But, I know I came out here with the best intentions of obeying God and not fighting against what He wants for us.  I just am having a hard time believing how wonderfully things are working out.  I know there will likely be hard times and gliches come up again...but these intermittent periods of joy and calm are so wonderful.

I just wanted to share that and to thank everyone here for their love, fellowship, and support.  I feel so blessed to have a group like this to talk with and learn from.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Much love to you all,

mongoose

chuckusa

Re: new place
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 08:13:02 PM »

Mongoose,

I can hear the peace in your words. That really made my day, to hear how things are working out. The mountains are wonderful, once you get used to it!

Thanks for sharing the good news.

God Bless you in your new start,
Chuck

ned

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:38:04 PM »

Hi Mongoose,
I am so happy for you that you are settling nicely into your new place. I've only been to the (Rocky) mountains once, and I just loved it. God's creation sure is amazing!!
Your story was good to for all of us to ponder, as we sometimes aren't sure about where God is leading us, but to just keep trusting Him, seek His Kingdom first, and all else will be given to us.   God is so good.  Knowing Him like we do is such a gift.
God bless you & your family mongoose.
Love,
Marie

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 10:28:49 PM »

Hi mongoose,

Happy to hear you are settling in to your new environment, I know that just moving into another house is a shock to the system but moving across the country................. with all the details and coordination to attend to, the trepidition of what unintended or unforseen circumstances/consequences may lie ahead and of course learning anew all the little in and outs we take for granted in familiar surroundings.

I pray the transition continues to be a joyful experience.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 05:12:29 AM »

Hi Mongoose

I read somewhere, some time ago that to move is second on the scale of distress only after the loss of a loved one!  That God shielded you, blessed you and accompanied you is so wonderful! It reveals HIS mighty love and power and goodness.....

Enjoy his peace and blessings....His closeness and grace

Arcturus :)

chuckusa

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 03:57:59 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

I've heard that also, that moving is very stressful. I have moved 16 times and always though of it as an adventure. But my poor wife absolutely freaks out. In the past I just couldn't understand what the problem was with her, but I realize now that to some, that can be EXTREMELY traumatic. I was just so dumb that I couldn't understand why Sue would get so upset.

I'm one of those people, that had I lived 150 years ago, would have hooked up my wagon and took off for california with no thought in my head that I needed to worry about the outcome.

My wife is much more sensible than me, and thankfully it is starting to rub off on me.

I am so thankful to hear that Mongoose is settling in nicely and that everything is working out! It's great to hear such good news!

Have a great weekend!
Chuck

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 05:27:31 PM »

Yes Chuck

Its a wonderful example of how God can surprise us out of trusting our own expectations, assumptions and conclusions.  "His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are not our ways. "  AND ISN'T THAT A BLESSING!  ;D Just look at how wonderful the contrast was for Mongoose! Expecting the worst and being blessed with the absolute opposite. God is SO SURPRISING and DELIGHTFUL in showing us how we should not trust our own understanding and this was the lesson I read in for myself because of the experience Mongoose shared with us all. It really is uplifting!.....

Arcturus :)

SandyFla

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 05:06:13 PM »

Mongoose,

I'm glad things are going well for you. Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada ... I've been a lot of places around the world, but nowhere is as beautiful as the American southwest. Don't know if that's exactly where you are, but the mountains are so gorgeous, even in Seattle.

I grew up in Pittsburgh ("the rolling hills of Pennsylvania"), and I miss that here in the flatlands of Florida, LOL! I know you're not supposed to envy anyone, but I do! AAAAHHHH!!!  :D

God bless,
Sandy

gmik

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 12:41:18 PM »

Sandy, I have that envious feeling too! ::)  I have always wanted to live somewhere else!!  Didn't really care where but not here. Well, there is always the retirement years.

As chuck says all the work and trepidation that goes along with a move!!  I look in my basement and say....Nah, we will stay here!!

Mongoose," moving to the mountains"  just has a romantic lilt to it. I am glad everything is working out.

I love it that on a forum such as this we get to meet people from ALL over the world!

gena

SandyFla

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 05:28:56 PM »

Gena,

Before I moved to Florida, I used to envy people who lived here ... now I want to live somewhere else. LOL

Perhaps that's what Paul was trying to teach us when he said, "I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content" (Phil. 4:11). I guess he meant Pennsylvania and Florida, too! ;) Just kidding ... but it fits! :)

Sandy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.