bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gambling  (Read 5767 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Gambling
« on: October 06, 2006, 01:49:33 PM »

Dear Ray,

What does the bible say about gambling? I know it is wrong but I'm not sure why other than the risk its self. Please give me an explanation on why this is wrong and what the bible says. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Sincerely,
            Matthew

Dear Matthew:
    I too have a question:  What do you want to know?  If you know that it is wrong, what more do you need to know?  The bible saying nothing regarding gambling--casting lots was not actual gambling.  However, the Scriptures have a lot to say about the attitude behind WHY people gamble.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Gambling
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 10:38:27 AM »

Dear Ray,
To answer your question, I like to know why something is considered wrong by God. Sometimes I find myself in a situation where someone would say "why don't you do this (meaning gambling, etc)?" And I would say because it is wrong. Their reply would be "why is it wrong" and sometimes I don't have an answer. That's why even though I know something is wrong I want to know why it is considered wrong by God. Also could you please give me some further insight into what the bible says about the attitudes of why people gamble. I find myself frustrated a lot because I do know wrong from right but I sometimes do not understand why some things are considered wrong by God.
God Bless You,
Matthew

Dear Matthew:
Gambling involves the [1] lust of the eyes, [2] the lust of the flesh, and [3] the pride of life (John 2:15).  All of these things are not of the Father but of this world.
God be with you,
Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.