bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will  (Read 7068 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Free Will
« on: October 08, 2006, 11:04:20 AM »

Hi Ray,

So we do have free will its just situations we find our selves in have been ordained by God along the way. If this is true then God is still directing us and is over riding our free will.

If we have free will, we can choose to except Jesus or reject Jesus's  gift of salvation once Gods Holly Spirit convicts us of our position before God.

Thanks Tim

Dear Tim:
NO! NO, we absolutely do not have "free will." I realize that this concept is far too deep for most to comprehend and this is because it appears, it seems like, it feels like, we have the ability to make choices that are not caused, but this is just an illusion. There is no such thing as an event that happens anywhere in the Universe without a cause. And this is just as true for a thought in your mind as it is for an exploding star. And it is absolutely, totally, and repeatedly backed up by dozens and dozens of Scriptures.
God be with you,
Ray

Craig

Re: Free Will
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 10:29:48 AM »

Hi Ray,

If I do not have free will, how then can I choose to receive or accept Gods salvation on my own?

For example, once I realize that I am separated from God after hearing the gospel message I must choose to accept or reject Gods gift of salvation. --  True or False

Wondering Tim

Dear Tim:
When I spend hundreds and hundreds of hours on a specific subject as "The Myth of Free Will," and you have a desire to know the truth on this subject, the least you could do is read my paper. I explain in GREAT detail with HUNDREDS of Scriptures just the things you are asking about.

You ask:  "If I do not have free will, how then can I choose to receive or accept Gods salvation on my own?"  Answer: YOU CAN'T.  Faith to accept Jesus is a gift from God (Eph. 2:8).  No one CAN come to Christ, "on my own," as you falsely suggest.  You DON'T choose Christ, unless He chooses you first (John 15:16).  "On you own," "you can do NOTHING" (John 15:5).  Once God has enabled us to make a choice, we can then make a choice, but it is not a "free" choice anymore than our will is "free" to operate without prior causes. READ MY PAPER on this subject and study the Scriptures.
God be with you,
Ray

Craig

Re: Free Will
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 12:13:29 PM »

Hi Ray,

I looked at the bible verse John 15:16 this verse isn't related to the subject of  personal salvation per say but is concerned with God choosing people for ministry .

The last part of the verse mentions people going out to spread the gospel message. For example three verses in acts mention people being ordained Acts 10;42, 14:23 & 16:4.

I to would ask what happens to people if they reject God's gift of salvation?

Thanks Tim

Dear Tim:
I thought there for a minute you were going to ask me something hard.
Instead of looking what hAppens to just one individual who rejects God's salvation, let's look at what happens to a whole nation who rejects God's salvation.

Here is the song that Moses and Israel sang after being  SAVED from Pharaoh:  "The Lord is my strength and son, and He is become MY SALVATION: He is MY GOD...."  (Ex. 15:2).

But by the time of Samuel, Israel totally "REJECTED" God and His salvation:  "And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto you: for they have not rejected you, but THEY HAVE REJECTED ME, that I should not reign over them"  (I Sam. 8:7).

Now then, what will become of that whole nation that rejected God?  "For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery [ALL Christendom is totally ignorant of this mystery], lest you should be wise in your own conceits: that blindness in part is happened to Israel, UNTIL [not eternally, but only 'until'] the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.  And so ALL ISRAEL [who rejected God's salvation in the past] SHALL BE SAVED...." (Rom. 11:26-36).

Both those who rejected God and those who never heard to reject, will be resurrected to Judgment. In judgment, God will save all humanity (read my Lake of Fire series).

God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.