bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it Law or Conscience?  (Read 3781 times)

shibboleth

Is it Law or Conscience?
« on: March 28, 2006, 02:21:37 AM »

Conscience- A knowing with; a co-knowledge {with oneself}, the witness borne to one's conduct by conscience, that faculty by which we apprehend the will of God as that which is designed to govern our lives;the process of thought whic distinguishes what it considers morally good or bad, commending good and condemning the bad. "And Expository Dictionary of New Testamene Words" by W.E.Vine

John 8:9 And they, which heard it, being CONVICTED BY THEIR OWN CONSCIENCE, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last.
Acts 23:1 I {Paul} have live in GOOD CONSCIENCE before God until this day.
Acts 24:16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a CONSCIENCE VOID OF OFFENCE toward God and toward men.
Ro. 2:15 Whhich show the work of the law written in their hearts, THEIR CONSCIENCE ALSO BEARING WITNESS, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.
Ro. 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, MY CONSCIENCE ALSO BEARING ME WITNESS in the Holy Spirit.
Ro. 13:5Wherefore you must needs be subject not only for wrath, but also for CONSCIENCE SAKE.  
1 Cor. 8:7,10,12 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some WITH CONSCIENCE OF THE IDOL unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto and idol: and their CONSCIENCE BEING WEAK IS DEFILED.
For if any man see thee which  hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the CONSCIENCE OF HIM WHICH IS WEAK be emboldened to eat those things which are offer to idols? But when ye sin so against the brethren, and WOUND THEIR WEAK CONSCIENCE, ye sin against Christ.
1 Cor.10:25,27,28 29 Whatsoever is sold in the marketplace, that eat, ASKING NO QUESTIONS FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE.  If anyone that believes not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go, whatever is set before you eat, ASKING NO QUESTION FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE. But if any man say unto you,"This is offered in sacrifice unto idols," eat not for his sake that shewed it, and FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE. CONSCIENCE,I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's CONSCIENCE.
1 Tim. 1:19 Holding faith, and a GOOD CONSCIENCE.
1 Tim. 3:9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a PURE CONSCIENCE.
1 Tim. 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; HAVING THEIR CONSCIENCE SEARED WITH A HOT IRON.
2 Tim. 1:3 I thank God, Whom I SERVE FROM MY FOREFATHERS WITH PURE CONSCIENCE.
Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is notheing pure ; BUT EVEN THEIR MIND AND CONSCIENCE IS DEFILED.
Heb. 9:9,14 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, AS PERTAINING TO THE CONSCIENCE. How much more shall the blood of Christ, Who through te eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, PURGE YOUR CONSCIENCE FROM DEAD WORKS TO SERVE THE LIVING GOD.
Heb.10:2,22 For then would they not have ceased to be offered, because that the worshippers once purged SHOULD HAVE HAD NO MORE CONSCIENCE OF SINS? Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, HAVING OUR HEARTS SPRINKLED FROM AN EVIL CONSCIENCE, and our bodies washed with pure water.
1 Pet.2:19 For this is thankworthy, if a man FOR CONSCIENCE TOWARDS GOD endure grief, suffering wrongfully.

I see many aspects of conscience here. But what exactly is conscience? We see we can have an evil or good consciece. But why do I need a conscience, if God has already written His law in my heart to discern good from evil? Some people think it's allright to gamble, for me it is a sin. I refuse to eat veal, lamb and rabbit, because of my conscience. The law was made for the unlawful. so is the conscience made for the righteous? Are there things that are sinful for you that the Bible doesn't address?

I have been trying to understand what exactly conscience is, and how it works. Anyone have any ideas?

ertsky

Is it Law or Conscience?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 08:13:58 AM »

i immediately was reminded of these verses

Rom 14:12  So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Rom 14:13  Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
Rom 14:14  I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
Rom 14:15  But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
Rom 14:16  Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
Rom 14:17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Rom 14:18  For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
Rom 14:19  Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

with much hope for the unity of the body

f
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.