bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Third Day  (Read 4135 times)

orion77

The Third Day
« on: October 09, 2006, 01:34:31 AM »

Have you all ever thought of the spiritual significance of Jesus being raised on the third day?  There must be a reason for it.  I did a search in e-sword under 'the third day' and it is very interesting all the scriptures that came up.

It's as if to speak of the is, was and will be; or the same yesterday, today and forever. 

(Hos 6:2 LITV)  After two days He will bring us to life. In the third day He will raise us up, and we shall live before Him.

(Hos 6:3 LITV)  Then we shall know, we who follow on to know Jehovah. His going forth is established as the dawn. And He shall come to us as the rain, as the latter and former rain to the earth.

There are many other scriptures that speak of 'the third day'.  Let me know what you all think.

God bless,

Gary

buddyjc

Re: The Third Day
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 11:42:46 AM »

Gen 1:9  And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Gen 1:10  And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:11  And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12  And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:13  And the evening and the morning were the third day

Christ is the 'firstfruits.' 

Brian

ned

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 01:59:51 PM »

(CEV) Rev 11:7  After the two witnesses have finished preaching God's message, the beast that lives in the deep pit will come up and fight against them. It will win the battle and kill them.
Rev 11:8  Their bodies will be left lying in the streets of the same great city where their Lord was nailed to a cross. And that city is spiritually like the city of Sodom or the country of Egypt.
Rev 11:9  For three and a half days the people of every nation, tribe, language, and race will stare at the bodies of these two witnesses and refuse to let them be buried.
Rev 11:10  Everyone on earth will celebrate and be happy. They will give gifts to each other, because of what happened to the two prophets who caused them so much trouble.
Rev 11:11  But three and a half days later, God will breathe life into their bodies. They will stand up, and everyone who sees them will be terrified.

God will never forsake those who are His. We endure tribulation for a while, then He comes to save.

Marie

orion77

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 09:51:03 PM »

(Exo 19:4 LITV)  You have seen what I did to Egypt; and I bore you on wings of eagles and brought you to Me.

(Exo 19:5 LITV)  And now if listening you will listen to My voice, and will keep My covenant, you shall become a special treasure to Me above all the nations, for all the earth is Mine.

(Exo 19:6 LITV)  And you shall become a kingdom of priests for Me, a holy nation. These are the words which you shall speak to the sons of Israel.

(Exo 19:7 LITV)  And Moses came and called the elders of the people. And he put all these words before them which Jehovah commanded him.

(Exo 19:8 LITV)  And all the people answered together and said, All which Jehovah has spoken we will do. And Moses brought back the words of the people to Jehovah.

(Exo 19:9 LITV)  And Jehovah said to Moses, Behold, I come to you in a darkness of clouds, so that the people may hear My speaking with you, and in you they may believe forever. And Moses told the words of the people to Jehovah.

(Exo 19:10 LITV)  And Jehovah said to Moses, Go to the people and sanctify them today and tomorrow. And let them wash their clothes.

(Exo 19:11 LITV)  And be ready for the third day. For on the third day Jehovah will go down before the eyes of all the people on the mountain of Sinai.

(Exo 19:12 LITV)  And you shall set limits to the people all around, saying, Be careful for yourselves, not going up into the mountain and touching its border; everyone touching the mountain dying shall die.

(Exo 19:13 LITV)  Not a hand shall touch him, but stoning he shall be stoned, or piercing he shall be shot through. He shall not live, whether animal or man. At the sounding of the ram's horn, they shall go up into the mountain.

(Exo 19:14 LITV)  And Moses went from the mountain to the people. And he sanctified the people, and they washed their clothes.

(Exo 19:15 LITV)  And he said to the people, Be ready for the third day. Do not approach a woman.

(Exo 19:16 LITV)  And on the third day, it being morning, it happened: There were thunders and lightnings, and a heavy cloud on the mountain, and the sound of a ram's horn, very strong! And all the people in the camp trembled.

The third day is interesting, seems to bring light, truth and life.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.