bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about something in Ray's letter to Dr. Kennedy  (Read 4447 times)

keys2heaven

Question about something in Ray's letter to Dr. Kennedy
« on: October 11, 2006, 03:49:35 PM »

I've just started reading through these and I have a question about the interpretation of this verse.

"Thus saith the Lord God: Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and Cause you to come up out of your graves ... And ye shall know [no ‘ignorance defense’ here] that I am the LORD ... And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall Live, and I shall place you in your own land ..." (Ezek. 37:11-13).

Very interesting Scripture. Not likely you will ever hear a sermon on these verses. Notice: God’s people, Israel, are dead in their graves. They are not alive in Heaven. They are not alive in Hell. When God brings them out of their graves, they "live." That means they were "dead". "And ye shall know that I am the LORD." They didn’t know that when they died and went into their graves.

I've always heard this preached in the context of the birth of the nation of Israel. The way that it is preached is that Israel is spiritiually dead (or 'in the grave'), God puts His spirit in them (as a people) and gives them their own land (nation).

I'm not debating Ray on this but just wanted to know why so many preach that the "coming out of the grave" is figurative and not literal.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 03:50:13 PM by keys2heaven »

Lacey23

Re: Question about something in Ray's letter to Dr. Kennedy
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 05:53:34 PM »

keys2heaven and all who's interested-   (Mine is colored black  and keysheaven is colored in red)

That is  very interesting, When I am  trying to understand the scriptures in the bible,  I try to translate it into the language that I can understand- You know how the King James Version bible is, it speak with a very poetic language- beauitful sounding- you know what I'm trying to say? not the type of language we speak now. we're just not used to hearing it being said like that now so it sounds confusing to us, so to make things easier, here's  the scripture you just provided here:

Thus saith the Lord God: Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and Cause you to come up out of your graves ... And ye shall know [no ‘ignorance defense’ here] that I am the LORD ... And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall Live, and I shall place you in your own land ..." (Ezek. 37:11-13).

I translate:

We know that we rarely use the word Thus, Behold-  O' my ,  so i try to translate in our langauge that we use today- so that we can understand it.
to me, what it is saying

"God says, Listen, My people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come out of your graves,...... and all of you  will know that I am the Lord..... and shall put my spriit in you, and all of you shall live, and I shall place you in your own land..... (Ezek 37:11-13

it makes me wonder about this scripture too, When he said after he raises the people out of the graves- he said All of you will know I am the Lord- does he meant they never knew him until then?  just my thoughts? any explanation or thoughts  are definetely welcome!  if I'm wrong, please correct me, it's just a thought maybe?

also- Ezekiel 36:33-36 says     Thus says the Lord God:  On the day that I cleanse you from all your iniquites, I will cause the cities to be inhabited, and the waste places shall be rebuilt. and the land that was desolate shall be tilled, instead of being the desolation that it was in the sight of all who passed by.  and they will say, this land that was desolate has become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined citites are now inhabited and fortified, then the nations that are left round about you shall know that I , the Lord, have rebuilt the ruined places, and replanted that wich was desolate; I the Lord, have spoken, and I will do it.         HE MEANT IT!!!! and HE PLANS ON DOING IT.   

then they spoke about the valley of bones in chapter 37- it was a phophecy sp- so it will happen one day-     God said in chapter 36- that he will cleanse us-  and in chapter 37- he said he will raise us from our graves- the scriptures stated in chapter 37  also shows that when we die, we sleep in death- and will awaken when God raises us from the dead.  interesting huh?

Of course- pastors who know whatever scriptures are threatening to the very beliefs that they were raised with or taught with, wouldn't share it with others or even worse- twist it to accomodate their beliefs,  to me, it's very disappointing that they deprive the sheep of this information, but Please don't hold that against them, becuase One day, God will make things right with everything and everyone,  Remember God said if he sees that the 99 sheep are saved but one is lost- he would leave the 99 and search for the one lost sheep that is lost-   that shows God's character- he cares about everyone- and every soul that has been created by God, he won't leave ONE SOUL behind, God will make things right in Due time.

Very interesting Scripture. Not likely you will ever hear a sermon on these verses. Notice: God’s people, Israel, are dead in their graves. They are not alive in Heaven. They are not alive in Hell. When God brings them out of their graves, they "live." That means they were "dead". "And ye shall know that I am the LORD." They didn’t know that when they died and went into their graves.

Lacey-
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 06:14:08 PM by Lacey23 »

bobbys43

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 09:16:47 AM »

This is what I get out of the verse in question. Without Christ I was as spiritually dead as dead could be. When God dragged me to Him I was taken out of that grave and was given life in Him to now know who He is. His Spirit now dwells in me and I am no longer of this world( I am in it but not of it) and I no longer dwell in the land of the dead but in the land of the living through Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Hope that made sence.

bobby

keys2heaven

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 03:15:49 PM »

Thanks for the reponses. Unless I missed something in Ray's letter, it seems that he is talking about literal dead people and not some figurative vision. I'm merely saying that I've always heard this scripture (The Valley of Dry Bones) preached in the figurative and not that there was a literal valley full of dry bones that came back to life.

I wanted to clarify if Ray interpreted this verse as a real event and not a figurative illustration of being spiritually dead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.