bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bible Study  (Read 6330 times)

Lacey23

Bible Study
« on: October 13, 2006, 04:28:05 PM »

Hi Guys

I am curious on how you guys study God's word, praying etc and doing it right? I'm someone who's wanting to mature more and I'm sick of being stuck on where I am right now- I'm starting to grow a bit more but I want to move faster than the speed i am going. I feel that God is distant from me and I would like to draw closer to Him so he can draw closer to me. I feel he's a bit distant and would like to know why?  it has been that way for years now, I think God has been distant from me since my Dad and my 1st stepmother divorced, He just went silent on me after that,but I know God's has never left me, becuase i still desire to know Him and I also  would like to know why God went silent on me then? That's my question, I remember having an horrible experience with Satan when I was myabe 5, maybe 6 and we just moved to a house in Naples, FL. My dad and my stemother had just got married, one night- Satan attacked me- I just knew it was him- (remember I am deaf-   physcially deaf-  so i can't hear- or speak- due to insufficent speech therapy during my childhood)  not physcially attacked- but verbally attacked me,  I was in bed- sleeping- then I woke up hearing Satan talking to me- he was laughing at me, saying to me, laughing,  you're going to hell, laughing, and so on- i got really scared- kept on going to the bathroom to turn on the lights- my stepmother came in and turned off the bathroom lights, i kept on turning on the lights- satan was still laughing at me,- after a few times of that- my stepmother finally came to me, and asked me to go into the bathroom- she came in with me,and asked me what was wrong- I told her what happened- she then told me to pray- said hse would pray with me, then I went to bed- Satan was gone and i felt safe then- It was a bad experience then- I get scared many times in my life because of that experience and would never want to experience that ever again- then maybe 3 years later after that- i think iwas maybe 8 at the time, God gave me a dream- it was so vivid  I remember getting to a place not too disant away from the earth- Iremember being in awe, just looking at the earth- the atmposhere around the earth was so beautiful- it was blue and green colored, and i was simply in awe of the beauty of the earth,  and then i turned around- saw this place- it had walls- and 2 giant golden doors, I was still in awe of it, then i went up to the door- up close- face to face with the door-up close  looking at it- i was simply in awe- then i turned around- saw this angel behind me, standing where i came in,  wearing this robe of many colors- i was again in awe of the colors the angel was wearing- i went up to the angel- and i could see the earth in view too,   the angel then spoke to me, i just understood what was being said- She said to me, not in exact words but she let me feel the world's pain, I could feel it- It hurt me too, to see it like that, and then images came to mind- tellng me what would happen to them- said if i didn't go back,  then gave me the two choices- either to go thru that door or go back- I remember thinking- is this a test? but then i remembered the world's pain and iI felt that it was my responiblity to these people, and told the angel I needed to go back- and i went back after that- then about 1-  2 years later- i was 9 or 10,  my dad and stepmother divorced-  God just went silent on me after that but i knew he was still around because i just know, its just the relationship that's not great between me and God-and i would like to better the relationship. i Know God put the baby plans on hold for a reason, I just wish i knew what and why,  but the good thing now is that I feel more at peace about the baby issue now- it's not something I have to have right now- it can wait- and God probably wants me to adopt later on- God has not opened opened the door for adoption yet because my husband's not open to that option yet, but maybe someday he will,  whatever God's plans are, it'll work out accordng to God's will.   Any advice, suggestions, would be welcome- I need it, definetely- how do I grow in my relationship with God the right way?  I'm just tired of Satan tellnig me lies about God abandoning me, not liking me, not interested in me anymore, and all that, it's annoying, and it hurts too. I just know God still loves me, and he's interested I just want to feel close to God. I envy Ray in a way that he's close to God now  and that he has overcome many of obstacles and satan's battles, I just want God to give me the strength and endurance to make it- It's just the matter of having God with me, because with God, anything is possible.  I would like to fulfill my responiblity to the people, that they deserve to know the Truth but I can't do that if Im not ready, you know armed, and ready with God's armours.

hope to hear from you guys soon!

Denise
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 04:38:17 PM by Lacey23 »

SandyFla

Re: Bible Study
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 04:46:10 PM »

Hi Denise,

I, too, went through a long time without feeling anything from God. For years I felt like He'd abandoned me; I sinned away my day of grace; and when I'd pray, the heavens were brass. I still go through dry spells from time to time.

You're on the right track because you know that God loves you and hasn't left you. Don't let Satan tell you anything else. When he does, remember that he's the father of lies. Whatever he tells you, believe the opposite and hold fast to that.

I'm sure you've seen the poem "Footprints." Whenever I feel like God has left me, I remember that. Many times He has carried me when I was too weak and tired to walk myself, and even when I didn't WANT Him to carry me.

Someday the clouds in your life will part and you will again see His face. Just keep looking.

I'll keep you my prayers.

God bless,
Sandy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 05:58:51 PM »

Hi Denise

Without doubt you are at the right place at the right time here at Bible Truth's..

From my own experience I can share with you that the more you study the articles written by Ray, the better you will see that Christ IS with you! ALL THE TIME!...

Also, what caught my eye was where you wrote..."I would like to fulfill my responsiblity to the people, that they deserve to know the truth..."

I can recommend to start in this direction that you prayerfully consider the teachings in WINNING SOULS FOR JESUS written by Ray and available to you.....may it bless you, set you free and embrace you with the love of God.

Arcturus :) 

orion77

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 06:37:55 PM »

Hello Denise,

I understand what you mean, by wanting to get close to God.  He gave me some great spritual experiences many years ago, and for many years it seemed I lost that closeness.  It was not until I learned that it was not up to me attempting to live up to God, but it was up to me to let Christ live in me, that made all the difference, being obedient.

That was an interesting dream you had.  Not being far from the earth and in awe:

(Deu 30:11 LITV)  For this command which I am commanding you today is not too wonderful for you, nor is it too far off.

(Deu 30:12 LITV)  It is not in the heavens that you should say, Who shall go up into the heavens for us, and bring it to us, and cause us to hear it, that we may do it?

(Deu 30:13 LITV)  And it is not beyond the sea that you should say, Who shall cross over for us to the region beyond the sea and take it for us, and cause us to hear it, that we may do it?

(Deu 30:14 LITV)  For the Word is very near to you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.

(Isa 46:12 LITV)  Listen to Me, mighty ones of heart who are far from righteousness:

(Isa 46:13 LITV)  I bring near My righteousness; it shall not be far off, and My salvation shall not wait; I will place salvation in Zion, My glory for Israel.

(Pro 28:14 LITV)  Blessed is a man who is in awe constantly! But he who hardens his heart falls into evil.

(Heb 12:28 LITV)  For this reason, receiving an unshakable kingdom, let us have grace, by which we may serve God pleasingly, with reverence and awe;

(Heb 12:29 LITV)  for also, "Our God is a consuming fire." Deut. 4:24

The angel wearing a robe of many colors is significant also.  Read the 37th chapter of Genesis about the story of Joseph.  That coat is very significant concerning the elect.

That faith God has given you is binding experience between you and God, that noone can take from you.  It is beyond expression, yet you know it's true.  Ask God to reveal more of the truth in Christ to you, with openess and honesty, being yourself, and He will.

I noticed in your dream there were 2 golden doors, and you were asked to go through that one door you faced or to return.  Did you happen to wonder about that other door?  

(Joh 10:7 LITV)  Then Jesus again said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you that I am the door of the sheep.

(Joh 10:8 LITV)  All who came before Me are thieves and plunderers, but the sheep did not hear them.

(Joh 10:9 LITV)  I am the door. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in, and will go out, and will find pasture.

Hoping this will be a help to you,

God bless,

Gary

PS- I have a brother who is deaf.  My wife is deaf, stepson who is deaf, brother-in-law, three sisters-in-laws and many friends are deaf.  Welcome to the forum.

Scribbles

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 09:35:23 PM »

Hi Denise!
  Several weeks ago, Bobby told me there was another "deafie" here, and another with family members that are deaf, and I was trying to remember who they were...I was about to ask, and then read your post. I'm deaf also, and it's quiet a feeling to know there's other brother and sister deafies here. And to think we know people from around the world, too ! We are SO blessed !
  Reading "winning souls for Jesus", as already mentioned will really really help you. When I first came here, I couldn't read enough. It was like it was 30 years ago when I first believe in Jesus....I read the bible all the time, and prayed anew. God never leaves us, and will never turn His back on us, no matter what "we" feel like.....(the heavens as brass, He doesn't hear my prayers, He's far away, etc etc ) Most of the time, "we" move away from God....instead of it being God moving away from us. And satan doesn't have any business messing with your thoughts, and feeding you lies, and upsetting you.....so......don't listen to him. Only listen to the peaceful spirit of God. You, and most of us here, have been on one long journey, and have finally found the "truth"....and a whole new journey has begun. You're standing on a solid Rock now, and will be able to resist the devil in ways you never knew before. Breathing prayers throughout the day, reading the bible, studying Ray's papers, and assembling here with your like-minded brothers and sisters should allow spiritual growth and spiritual maturity. It'll come in baby-steps, and other times will seem to be bounding in leaps. And it will bring you to a place of being so humble, as you've never knew before. What the christiananity world thinks of spiritual "maturity" and what Jesus wants of us, are two entirely different things. Orion said it so well......." not until I learned that it was not up to me attempting to live up to God, but it was up to me to let Christ live in me, that made the difference, being obedient." There's so many new truths of the bible to learn and re-learn, and at times can seem to be overwhelming......but, we shouldn't let it get to that stage. He will lead you at those times, and it will be lovingly and peacefully. Alot of us here have printed off many of the studies, in the different catagories. You could also create folders on your computer, and copy the highlights of the papers to them. That's where I am right now....I need to buy some binders, etc...to sort the different teachings, etc.
  I'm so glad that you posted.....we all learn so much from each other here. I look forward to hearing more from you.
Scribbles

Lacey23

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 09:46:17 PM »

Arcturus-

Thanks for suggesting that I start using Ray's articles as a bible study tool, I just needed to know where, but now I know, Ray's articles will help with that. 

I read Ray's article on winning souls for Jesus, as you suggested. I already knew that theres nothing I can do to save people out there, and it's up to God to save them, that is why I don't bother preaching to people but what I can do is set an example, I learned that the hard way- I tried going to my preacher at the church and share the newfound information i just learned,  he just wouldn't listen to it, he just wouldn't hear of it, and a while after that- I just knew there's nothing I can do about it, just leave it to God so I left it alone, i left people alone too. I'm no longer in church- I knew it's not a place for me to be in, and throughtout my life- I always saw something was up in alot of these churches i've been to,  even though the fellowship are always nice but i disagreed with alot of what they taught so i decided to just leave- I just wanted to worship God in the way that will please him, that is to  worship God in spirit and in truth, I've had people attack me, telling me that i ought to be in church. it's frustrating, I wish I could just answer them but i always felt that I try to say something to contract what they say- it's usually for a wrong reason- to prove them wrong, i just want to answer their questions with humility and  do it for the right  reasons.  but I have a responiblity to them and myself, I just wanted to be able to provide an answer when they do ask me questions. about anything, God told us in the bible that we are to be armed and ready to answer if they do ask  so we have the responibiilty to that.  so I'm working on iit.   and for the right reasons- not for the selfish reasons either-

Lacey

ned

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 01:34:29 AM »

I wish I could just answer them but i always felt that I try to say something to contract what they say- it's usually for a wrong reason- to prove them wrong, i just want to answer their questions with humility and do it for the right reasons. but I have a responiblity to them and myself, I just wanted to be able to provide an answer when they do ask me questions. about anything, God told us in the bible that we are to be armed and ready to answer if they do ask so we have the responibiilty to that. so I'm working on iit. and for the right reasons- not for the selfish reasons either- Lacey

Hi Denise,
It is nice to see you write that you want to be armed and ready to give answers not for selfish reasons, I too went through this and was awed when I came across this scripture:

Mat 7:6
(CEV)  Don't give to dogs what belongs to God. They will only turn and attack you. Don't throw pearls down in front of pigs. They will trample all over them.

You will soon see that there are many people who are not meant to hear what you want to say. God will guide you, do not be surprised when you want to share something, and you trip over your tongue, or forget the verse, etc...

God's ways our much higher than ours, we need to lean on Him and not on our own understanding.  ;)

Much love to you,
Marie

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 10:39:45 AM »

Hi Lacey

Marie...I enjoyed that!....

...and to add...where should we "not forsake the assmbling of ourselves together."  Heb 10....why in the SPIRIT where Jesus also often went alone to pray to His Father by example and it is what He taught us by direction.  John 4:19-24...

I enjoy everything Ray writes and one time i read that he goes to Church every time he opens his bible! ;D

chuckt

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 11:24:48 AM »

the fact that you even posted what you did shows growth.

i would be more worried if you didnt have those feelings :o

be well and God bless. endure

love chuckt

Now for this same thing also, employing all diligence, in your faith add virture, yet in virtue knowledge,
6 yet in knowledge self-control, yet in self-control endurance, yet in endurance devoutness,
7 yet in devoutness brotherly fondness, yet in brotherly fondness love.
8 For your possessing these and increasing is constituting you not idle nor yet unfruitful in the recognition of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
9 For he in whom these are not present is blind, closing his eyes, getting oblivious of the cleansing from the penalties of his sins of old.
10 Wherefore, rather, brethren, endeavor through ideal acts to confirm your calling and choice; for, doing these things you should under no circumstances be tripping at any time.
11 For thus will be richly supplied to you the entrance into the eonian kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
12 Wherefore I shall ever be about to be reminding you concerning these things, even though you are aware of, and have been established in, the present truth.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 11:27:07 AM by chuckt »

gmik

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 01:18:37 PM »

Lacey thank you for starting this thread. I have felt at times like I have to save the world (my little corner of it), and have also felt God close and far. We just can't walk by emotions and feelings.  The facts are: God will never leave us or forsake us.  Period.  Whether I feel like he is near or far.  I am the one that moves, not HE.

Chuckt, I love that passage, especially vs. 12- I shall be ever about, to be REMINDING you concerning these things......

This thread was just beautiful, reminding me of God's love and promises to me.  This forum is always REMINDING me of His wonderful truths.  I very rarely type in large passages, I don't know how to cut and paste for one, and don't like to type that much.  Sometimes I feel like a mooch, but I sure do appreciate those that do take the time to teach & REMIND all of us the truth in His word.

God Bless you all,
gena

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 01:27:05 PM »

Psalm 73 (Amplified Bible)

A Psalm of Asaph.

1TRULY GOD is [only] good to Israel, even to those who are upright and pure in heart.

2But as for me, my feet were almost gone, my steps had well-nigh slipped.

3For I was envious of the foolish and arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

4For they suffer no violent pangs in their death, but their strength is firm.

5They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they smitten and plagued like other men.

6Therefore pride is about their necks like a chain; violence covers them like a garment [like a long, luxurious robe].

7Their eyes stand out with fatness, they have more than heart could wish; and the imaginations of their minds overflow [with follies].

8They scoff, and wickedly utter oppression; they speak loftily [from on high, maliciously and blasphemously].

9They set their mouths against and speak down from heaven, and their tongues swagger through the earth [invading even heaven with blasphemy and smearing earth with slanders].(A)

10Therefore His people return here, and waters of a full cup [offered by the wicked] are [blindly] drained by them.

11And they say, How does God know? Is there knowledge in the Most High?

12Behold, these are the ungodly, who always prosper and are at ease in the world; they increase in riches.

13Surely then in vain have I cleansed my heart and washed my hands in innocency.

14For all the day long have I been smitten and plagued, and chastened every morning.

15Had I spoken thus [and given expression to my feelings], I would have been untrue and have dealt treacherously against the generation of Your children.

16But when I considered how to understand this, it was too great an effort for me and too painful

17Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I understood [for I considered] their end.

18[After all] You do set the [wicked] in slippery places; You cast them down to ruin and destruction.

19How they become a desolation in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terrors!

20As a dream [which seems real] until one awakens, so, O Lord, when You arouse Yourself [to take note of the wicked], You will despise their outward show.

21For my heart was grieved, embittered, and in a state of ferment, and I was pricked in my heart [as with the sharp fang of an adder].

22So foolish, stupid, and brutish was I, and ignorant; I was like a beast before You.

23Nevertheless I am continually with You; You do hold my right hand.

24You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to honor and glory.

25Whom have I in heaven but You? And I have no delight or desire on earth besides You.

26My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the Rock and firm Strength of my heart and my Portion forever.

27For behold, those who are far from You shall perish; You will destroy all who are false to You and like [spiritual] harlots depart from You.

28But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God and made Him my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works.

Lacey23

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 09:11:21 PM »

Marie-

Yes, the scripture you gave me, got me thinking, in this one, God was warning us that
 people would trample the truths that we attempt to share what God has revealed to us, It made me wonder how I would know when God wants me to share the truths with a certain person?  We know that God brings, (drags) people to Himself, but he also uses people and circumstances to bring them to that point?  How would we know when to share it? We can see that God is using Ray and others to bring us to know this marvelous Truth; I know it’s not up to us to save people, and that it’s all in God’s control and power to save them. I’ve learned that and has accepted and am leaving that to God to take care of it, that is why I don’t get offended if people don’t want to hear it, because I know it’s all up to God to change their minds.  It’s so frustrating when it’s like this, but again, I’m kind of glad that everything, and every bit of everything is under God’s control!!

I need help with something; I was wondering if you have any suggestions or advice on how to remember where to find scriptures? I am not that great at telling which book or verse the scripture is located, to help find it and am having to search on the Internet to find them, any suggestions are welcome to fix this.

Thanks,

Lacey

Hi Arcturus,

I’m glad you posted that scripture, it got me thinking too. The scriptures also say that when we worship God, we are to worship in Spirit and in Truth, and I try to tell people that, and it doesn’t seem to click in their head, and I’ve told them that Jesus said, in the future, there won’t be a place to go to worship the Father but asked us to worship in Spirit and in Truth, I know that Worship means to honor, to glorify, etc, and we are to strive to do that every day, every moment of the rest of our lives. I am starting to understand that
There’s definitely no point in arguing with people when they try to test me, attack me, with their beliefs, and mine. It’s so frustrating really.

Tell me how you deal with that with people? I am just curious?

Lacey

Hi Chuck-

Yeah, Me too, I worry about that a lot, checking to make sure that I still have these desires to keep on striving for God, and you won’t believe what Satan are putting in my head- they are horrendous, and I wouldn’t dare mention, the thoughts just haunts me. Its about blasphemy and ever since I read about the warning of blasphemy in the bible- I think about it all the time- and I’m scared to death-of messing up- and I worry all the time about that, if you have any advice on how to battle that, and just stop thinking about it, let me know. I’ll appreciate it.

Thanks Lacey

Thank You Gena,

for sending me the scriptures. I need to hold fast to these scriptures to help me. There’s always something to learn from, one of them, is that it bothers me a lot when I see people suffering, in their own world, I attempt to jump in and make their world a bit better somehow.  Even if it’s not much, I’ll just do it anyway. It just makes me happier to know that they are helped. BUT- what I needed to learn is not to expect anything from them when I help them. It’s not easy, definitely. In my mind, I didn’t really expect much from them, maybe a visit from them, a take out to lunch or something small like that would have been nice, but they don’t do it- and sometimes I get the feeling they just use me when they need something and goes away when I don’t benefit them anymore. It gets to me sometimes, but I’m learning not to expect anything and not get mad or upset over it, and I need to look at this differently and realize that God is using me, to glorify himself, thru me even though people who take advantage of me, don’t see it but it does benefit them in a way, I guess.   

There’s nothing wrong with reminding each other of how wonderful God is, and to learn from mistakes, scriptures, and trials that we go thru in life. It’s beneficial for all of us, so no need to apologize; we need to edify ourselves whenever we can.  J I feel that way about saving my little world sometimes, I remember a few years back, trying so hard to let them know about God, and in a way, they just trample over me, laugh at me, scoff at me etc.

Lacey

response at end of the psalms

Psalm 73 (Amplified Bible)

A Psalm of Asaph.

1TRULY GOD is [only] good to Israel, even to those who are upright and pure in heart.

2But as for me, my feet were almost gone, my steps had well-nigh slipped.

3For I was envious of the foolish and arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

4For they suffer no violent pangs in their death, but their strength is firm.

5They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they smitten and plagued like other men.

6Therefore pride is about their necks like a chain; violence covers them like a garment [like a long, luxurious robe].

7Their eyes stand out with fatness, they have more than heart could wish; and the imaginations of their minds overflow [with follies].

8They scoff, and wickedly utter oppression; they speak loftily [from on high, maliciously and blasphemously].

9They set their mouths against and speak down from heaven, and their tongues swagger through the earth [invading even heaven with blasphemy and smearing earth with slanders].(A)

10Therefore His people return here, and waters of a full cup [offered by the wicked] are [blindly] drained by them.

11And they say, How does God know? Is there knowledge in the Most High?

12Behold, these are the ungodly, who always prosper and are at ease in the world; they increase in riches.

13Surely then in vain have I cleansed my heart and washed my hands in innocency.

14For all the day long have I been smitten and plagued, and chastened every morning.

15Had I spoken thus [and given expression to my feelings], I would have been untrue and have dealt treacherously against the generation of Your children.

16But when I considered how to understand this, it was too great an effort for me and too painful

17Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I understood [for I considered] their end.

18[After all] You do set the [wicked] in slippery places; You cast them down to ruin and destruction.

19How they become a desolation in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terrors!

20As a dream [which seems real] until one awakens, so, O Lord, when You arouse Yourself [to take note of the wicked], You will despise their outward show.

21For my heart was grieved, embittered, and in a state of ferment, and I was pricked in my heart [as with the sharp fang of an adder].

22So foolish, stupid, and brutish was I, and ignorant; I was like a beast before You.

23Nevertheless I am continually with You; You do hold my right hand.

24You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to honor and glory.

25Whom have I in heaven but You? And I have no delight or desire on earth besides You.

26My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the Rock and firm Strength of my heart and my Portion forever.

27For behold, those who are far from You shall perish; You will destroy all who are false to You and like [spiritual] harlots depart from You.

28But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God and made Him my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works.

hillsbororiver and all-

Wow, these scriptures are powerful- and it speaks right to me, Wow. I’m amazed. It’s telling us that what we go thru will be worth it even if it doesn’t seem like right now. I need scriptures such as these to help me keep focused.

Thank you for sharing these with me. I am overwhelmed with all the responses that you guys shared with me, and I hope all of you will continue to do so.  I would need all the help I can get to help me understand the truths that God is revealing to us daily. I really want to grow spiritually, not being stuck in the same spot of spiritual immaturity. I really want to get moving- so please help me!

Thanks a million!

Lacey-

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:12:33 PM by Lacey23 »

ned

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 12:58:46 AM »

Marie-

Yes, the scripture you gave me, got me thinking, in this one, God was warning us that
 people would trample the truths that we attempt to share what God has revealed to us, It made me wonder how I would know when God wants me to share the truths with a certain person? We know that God brings, (drags) people to Himself, but he also uses people and circumstances to bring them to that point? How would we know when to share it? We can see that God is using Ray and others to bring us to know this marvelous Truth; I know it’s not up to us to save people, and that it’s all in God’s control and power to save them. I’ve learned that and has accepted and am leaving that to God to take care of it, that is why I don’t get offended if people don’t want to hear it, because I know it’s all up to God to change their minds. It’s so frustrating when it’s like this, but again, I’m kind of glad that everything, and every bit of everything is under God’s control!!

I need help with something; I was wondering if you have any suggestions or advice on how to remember where to find scriptures? I am not that great at telling which book or verse the scripture is located, to help find it and am having to search on the Internet to find them, any suggestions are welcome to fix this.

Hi Lacey,

All I can say to answer your query about when we know God wants us to share His Word is to pray and ask Him to show you. Be a good listener...someone may bring it up before you do, and when you least expect it.  Have an open mind, God's ways our much higher than ours, so His idea of sharing HIs word may be something you've never imagined.

That said, I think it's very important to remember when NOT to share what you know, because this is the instruction given to us by Jesus! Like you said, God does the dragging, when He needs you, He will use you. Period. & Amen.

To remind you where certain scriptures are, I find using e-sword is a great help. It has a search tool that you can just type in a word or two, and it will return all verses using those words. You can download the program free at www.e-sword.net.

God bless you in your journey.

Love,
Marie
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 01:35:13 AM by Marie »

Layla

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 01:22:49 AM »

Hi Lacey

If you want to draw closer to God then go to His Word.  Perhaps you could rise every morning and read a few psalms before the day begins.  Reading the psalms in the morning is very helpful to me.  And then I read a chapter or 2 in the NT.  Of course, alone time with God in prayer is a must.  Prayer doesn't always have to be presenting our supplications before Him, but should also be that reaching out in love and silence seeking to hear His still quiet voice.

I saw where someone wrote we all go through dry spells.  I agree and believe these dry spells are periods of growth.  May God Bless you Lacey in your search.

Peace,
Layla

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 10:18:23 PM »

Hi Lacey

1 Tim 6:20 turn away from...sultleties and contradictions in what is falsely called knowledge and spiritual illumination

2 Tim 4: 2,5  ...Be persistent...PATIENTLY correct, rebuke and ENCOURAGE your peope with good teaching

Prov 9:5 ...reprove not a scorner lest he hate you, reprove a wise man and he shall love you.....AND REMEMBER WHAT JESUS SAID....do not be surprised if the world hates you......FOLLOW ME....

The above scriptures are my personal guide line....do I follow perfectly....no...am I guided by them....yes.... and  is there a HIGHER standard....YES.....

....Titus 1:9...being able to give stimulating instruction and encouragement and refute and convince those who oppose the sure and trustworthy Word of God.....Phil 1:10  sensing and approving and prizing what is vital, excellent and of real value....Discerning the moral differences without offence or causing others to stumble....2Tim 1 :13-14 having a pattern of sound words...Rev 22 :18-20...not adding to or taking away from His word   1Tim 2 : 15-18 rightly dividing Gods word  Phil 1:10 distinguishing the things that differ, shunning the traditions of Men Col 2:8 and the wisdom of this World 1Cor 1:20 and 3:19.....Guess you know who I am talking about......(JESUS CHRIST the perfect example....Paul the Apostle imitating CHRIST....and in this generation for us here on this forum...Ray Smith :)...also imitating CHRIST....CHRIST BEING THE OPPERATIVE EXAMPLE ALWAYS!...NOT MAN...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.